PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

3.12 - Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - Frigid Table Thrower

"
Xeteh wrote:
Thanks for the guide. I had leveled an impale SST Deadeye and really enjoyed it so I decided to give cold conversion a try, didn't see a guide when I had started so I just kind of followed various profiles on poe.ninja. What gear would you prioritize on upgrading generally?

When i was leveling and gearing out my character i just looked at my worst gear and used pob to see how much an upgrade was, If you're familiar with trying out different gear in POB then that's what i would suggest.

As for your gear (Had a quick peek on your profile) I would suggest getting a -9 helm unless you're waiting to craft on an enchanted helm.
Your sceptre is a bit lackluster, And your Jewellery is missing wed, even though you're not 100% conversion WED is probably the strongest way to increase your damage for not that much, i explained in a previous post easy ways to find bargains on rings that had an open prefix to craft WED.

There's no real right answer for what to upgrade just try things out, abuse POB and just progress.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646
"
Pimmalage wrote:
"
Xeteh wrote:
Thanks for the guide. I had leveled an impale SST Deadeye and really enjoyed it so I decided to give cold conversion a try, didn't see a guide when I had started so I just kind of followed various profiles on poe.ninja. What gear would you prioritize on upgrading generally?

When i was leveling and gearing out my character i just looked at my worst gear and used pob to see how much an upgrade was, If you're familiar with trying out different gear in POB then that's what i would suggest.

As for your gear (Had a quick peek on your profile) I would suggest getting a -9 helm unless you're waiting to craft on an enchanted helm.
Your sceptre is a bit lackluster, And your Jewellery is missing wed, even though you're not 100% conversion WED is probably the strongest way to increase your damage for not that much, i explained in a previous post easy ways to find bargains on rings that had an open prefix to craft WED.

There's no real right answer for what to upgrade just try things out, abuse POB and just progress.

Thanks. I had been looking at some rings but I'm always apprehensive about wasting my currency so I haven't really bought anything for this character. Most of the stuff was pretty cheap. I should get in to crafting a helmet but the process of trading for fossils always puts me off, its such a pain. I'll start going ring shopping.
Great build man, Syrenity_SST here. I've always wanted to play SST when it first came out but wasn't in a good spot till this season. Then I happened to see you on poeninja and you were really kind to help me out and now I'm right behind you in poeninja at lv95 haha. Really great build and thankful for the help you given me. For others that want to try this build it is really easy to start out. I rushed the jewel socket in tree and used "Divide and Conquer", makes lving so much easier. Pimmalage also told me that for budget and start out you can use Lion's eye shield and Princess which I did and worked my way up and here is a showcase of my progression:

With dedication and grinding you can achieve it like I did. Also nowhere near your dps lol still working on amulet and opal ring haha so expensive. Again great build man.
How important is the enchant? It only increases the projectile count from 4 to 6. Still, its 50% but without the jewel it would be 18.
"
blastarus wrote:
How important is the enchant? It only increases the projectile count from 4 to 6. Still, its 50% but without the jewel it would be 18.

The helm enchant is not extremely important just makes some clear a little comfier.
It's weird how the projectiles are actually mathed out when it comes to using the threshold jewel. I've tried figuring it out and i have no clue, I'm assuming there is some weird rounding. (Or i'm dumb)

Without Threshold:
Level 20 - No helm enchant = 14 projectiles
Level 20 - +3 helm enchant = 17 Projectiles
Level 20 - +5 helm enchant = 19 Projectiles

With Threshold:
Level 20 - No helm enchant = 4 Projectiles
Level 20 - +3 helm enchant = 5 Projectiles
Level 20 - +5 helm enchant = 6 Projectiles
Hey i started your build today and i think im gonna try to use Powerful Precision instead. But that made me wonder which other support gem i should use instead of pierce??
so ive been doing SST for abot a week. hit levle 90 today. crafted myself a ~2530 armor shield and have done up to T16 maps.

Single target feels like complete ass. and it's disappointing because the skill is fun to play. I've seen videos of people doing Uber Elder with SST like it was no big deal tbut when i did my 1 and only guardian kill on this character so far it was brutally slow.But I can zip around T15-16 maps clearing them super fast and easy.

How can i get single target more boss viable? Below is my PoB. my skill tree is very similar to yours at first glance

https://pastebin.com/cmHmD2Wg

According to PoB the princess sabre is better than any shaper conversion scepters i can afford. I was using the one below and princess sabre, according ot PoB, is higher damage

Last edited by DotsandDashes on Jun 23, 2019, 12:42:36 AM
Hey I had seen your build on poe ninja already and started to make something similar. Nice to see you made a guide now.

What do you think about using Glancing Blows? I've converted the MoM node to it and get 74% Block now without Acro. I hope to take less big hits with it, and it should work well with Armour.
Last edited by Bantei_ on Jun 23, 2019, 5:55:17 AM
yo, where can i find that craft for 60% cold damage for the sceptre ?

Last edited by Fraunzz on Jun 23, 2019, 8:46:39 AM
"
Fraunzz wrote:
yo, where can i find that craft for 60% cold damage for the sceptre ?

You might have missed it somewhere in the acts, as far as i'm aware it isn't anything special (Like unvieling) If you scroll down on your crafting bench with "Cold" searched there should be an undiscovered section.

"
Bantei_ wrote:
What do you think about using Glancing Blows?

Sounds like a really nice buff to defense, I guess you could prettymuch mitigate most of the 50% damage taken with molten shell if you're stacking into armour that much.

"
bjerged wrote:
i think im gonna try to use Powerful Precision instead. But that made me wonder which other support gem i should use instead of pierce??

Chain support is nice, actually makes the clear feel somewhat smoother if you have +2 or +3 pierce from other sources.

"
DotsandDashes wrote:

How can i get single target more boss viable? Below is my PoB. my skill tree is very similar to yours at first glance

According to PoB the princess sabre is better than any shaper conversion scepters i can afford. I was using the one below and princess sabre, according ot PoB, is higher damage

Left this one till the last reply in the chain, there's a lot you can do on your character and things you're missing in terms of single-target/Raw damage.

So for one, i would suggest looking at the "reasonable pob" in the main thread as a guide to where to take your build, You're at the stage where transitioning into similar gear i placed in that pob, A note about that POB also it to take a look at the Divide and Conquer jewel, you will want to simulate "Skills chain +4 times" on the jewel since pob doesn't support it yet.
The most notable things you are missing for a huge amount of damage increase are:
1. A level 1 Maim chest - This is an insanely huge damage increase, I would also suggest if you can't get one of these to maybe swap out hypothermia in your main links for Maim itself, As your damage might be too low at this point to chill guardians (Explaining the low damage feeling)
2. A -9 cold resistance helm - We're missing out on a lot of sources of Penetration in this build, getting this should help a ton on those tanky bosses, iirc the aura it gives isn't reduced by unique enemies. (Unlike curses)
3. Your belt and sceptre - You belt while good, i would just suggest using a Nomad, especially if you're grabbing iron grip, it's a nice 50 str at max roll. Even the stygian with insane rolls in my testing just can't beat a nomad in damage.
The sceptre you linked while good, you're missing the one main thing that makes Gain sceptres overpowered, In this build on tree and other various sources we're scaling %phys and %cold, If you gain phys as extra fire, the only sources we're scaling that up with are generic Elemental damage, which we don't take a lot of. That is why the Princess is just much better than your sceptre. I'll be adding a suggested rolls in the FAQ, this needs a lot of testing to see which is a reasonable sceptre though
Last edited by Pimmalage on Jun 23, 2019, 9:27:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info