3.12 - Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - Frigid Table Thrower

I recorded this for a friend but I might as well share here - not even an exalt worth of gear but it already feels pretty alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBbgl1n5ygw
"
werchiel wrote:
I recorded this for a friend but I might as well share here - not even an exalt worth of gear but it already feels pretty alright.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBbgl1n5ygw

That's pretty smooth glad you had fun with it.:)

Unrelated to the quote.
I have updated the guide for 3.11 finally got around to doing it instead of being lazy.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646
By the way - you were indeed correct about the mana issues with Vaal Haste so I replaced it with Vaal Cold Snap - provides Frenzy Charges for single target. Makes me wonder if I could do something with max frenzy charges and Ice Bit but I'm not sure it's gonna work out on a Deadeye. Still - something to think about.
Heyho,
have you gambled around with cluster jewels? For example with follow-through on a projectile dmg cluster and eventually in combination with chain support?
SC Delirium IGN: Yorowild
"
Ichigo wrote:
Heyho,
have you gambled around with cluster jewels? For example with follow-through on a projectile dmg cluster and eventually in combination with chain support?

I've messed around with cluster jewels for sure, the issue is most of them are good nodes by all means but you sacrifice a lot of points from life nodes to do so - And there are already some nodes nearby on tree that give decent increased damage if you would want that.
That said, using a follow-through/Eye to Eye medium cluster with a jewel socket (And just putting in another decent damage jewel). You lose about 600~ life/37% increased life from tree, But gain about 500k~ dps and 70k average hit (Assuming enemies hit are nearby and skills haven't chained).
So about a 15% more damage increase for a loss of about 15% health.

By all means doing so is totally valid - I always try and keep my ideas realistic and well rounded for the build. To me the damage gain and the investment of 7 extra points is considerable but not a no brainer.
If you added in a large jewel with some useful nodes it could be worth it but then you're investing atleast 16 points total for a large with 2 medium clusters - Meaning a lot more life loss. And as for chain it's prettymuch never going to be a better damage support unless you're doing some other type of chain scaling.

TL;DR - Increase in damage for sure, Loss of life too much for it to be worth it. Chain is almost always worse for pure damage.

-I'll add this to the FAQ since it's a good question.
In 3.12, the split mechanic is going to be changed thanks to the new Splitting steel skill.

(https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fury_Valve is the only source of split as of 3.11)

How does split currently interact with SST? Do you feel these changes would make Fury Valve worth using?
Last edited by VeloxAxo on Sep 14, 2020, 4:28:16 PM
"
VeloxAxo wrote:
In 3.12, the split mechanic is going to be changed thanks to the new Splitting steel skill.

(https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fury_Valve is the only source of split as of 3.11)

How does split currently interact with SST? Do you feel these changes would make Fury Valve worth using?

This along with the news about projectiles returning
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2935368
Will mean i have to test a ton of scenarios and interactions (Provided no more changes or clarification are made).
It's one of those things where i have completely no idea how it's going to interact, As for fury valve it doesn't really work at the moment? - atleast not how you would think, besides it doesn't scale well with + projectiles anywho.

My theory as of now is the shattered projectiles had properties of "Remaining chains" left attached to them, meaning they couldn't return properly with the anoint "Vengeant cascade". right now it seems they only return the shattered projectiles originating from the last shield in the chain. (I think, it's so insanely hard to test because the shatter projectiles are tiny and hard to see how they're interacting)
After patch i'll be sure to try and test the new interactions in standard.
Initial testing suggests that SST-sans-jewel is workable currently when used with snipers mark (and probably any other sources of split.) It creates 3 shields all of which fire shards. I need to do further testing to see how it feels to play. Probably by automating it with brands
Last edited by VeloxAxo on Sep 19, 2020, 3:26:30 PM
In most recent patch :

"
Fixed a bug where various skills didn't chain as many times as they should have.

I don't have the build going right now, can someone report if this affects us ?
Oh boy I've been waiting for this fix. I'm doing this again (like last time however I'm gonna stack chance to freeze) since SST has always been one of my personal favourites.

I will check if it does indeed affect SST when I'm back home. Fingers crossed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info