3.12 - Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - Frigid Table Thrower

"
Polkarasika wrote:
Thanks! And about gear, is any changes espesially in weapon\shield chose?

Not at all the gear and Best in slots really didn't change in blight.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646
Just tried out SST and found this guide.. btw, will this claw be good? thinking if i should multi mod it ?

and since it's extra cold & lightning. Then pair it with non-chaos dmg as extra chaos ammy should be a good boost.

And those whose playing in 3.8, what are the gem links that u use? especially fork, chain or pierce?

currently i'm using this for piercing.. lol free mtx
Last edited by churoshyo on Oct 3, 2019, 10:22:19 PM
"
churoshyo wrote:
Just tried out SST and found this guide.. btw, will this claw be good? thinking if i should multi mod it ?

and since it's extra cold & lightning. Then pair it with non-chaos dmg as extra chaos ammy should be a good boost.

And those whose playing in 3.8, what are the gem links that u use? especially fork, chain or pierce?

Both of those are fine options, Fork/Chain/Pierce are all kinda utility in my opinion.
As for the claw specifically, i would just simulate in POB what you would multimod onto it, and if it's worth to do so.
Compare it to something in the example POB's as they're pretty good options.
I have a little writeup in FaQ about pob'ing and stat sticks.
Also small note the life on hit won't work with SST so it's not super beneficial to have a claw (Since the Life on hit is local and you're hitting with off-hand).
"
Pimmalage wrote:
"
churoshyo wrote:

Both of those are fine options, Fork/Chain/Pierce are all kinda utility in my opinion.
As for the claw specifically, i would just simulate in POB what you would multimod onto it, and if it's worth to do so.
Compare it to something in the example POB's as they're pretty good options.
I have a little writeup in FaQ about pob'ing and stat sticks.
Also small note the life on hit won't work with SST so it's not super beneficial to have a claw (Since the Life on hit is local and you're hitting with off-hand).

i really don't under how the calculation works for SST. lol.. i put in that claw into the pob, and the damage is just abysmal increment vs princess. So i got it right, the attack speed is also not affecting the skills right? Guess it's really just a phys to extra cold/ele dmg with attacks and the double dmg craft will suffice then
"
churoshyo wrote:

i really don't under how the calculation works for SST. lol.. i put in that claw into the pob, and the damage is just abysmal increment vs princess. So i got it right, the attack speed is also not affecting the skills right? Guess it's really just a phys to extra cold/ele dmg with attacks and the double dmg craft will suffice then

The issue with the damage being abysmal is because you have a lower phys as extra cold than the princess does, the best way to scale the build because you're going to be 100% cold conversion and using things like -9 cold helm and Cold pen. The damage you gain as cold is going to be way more valued than the extra as lightning, In POB if you compare just the claw against princess with 20% as extra cold (If you were to divine it to 20%) it's currently already beating out Princess.
Spoiler

And if you were to multimod(suffix) chance to deal double damage(Suffix) and Cold damage upto 54% (prefix) Your claw hastily beats out princess, It leaves one suffix open and there's not a whole lot of options, I'm not sure if you can stack Double damage while focused with the DD mod together, the attack speed near unique enemy i'm not certain if it's local or global but that would be good if global. What i did on mine was use the Suffix cold damage also (Ranges from 13-16% and does stack with the cold% prefix)
Either way using the 'Reasonable POB' in main thread as a testing stage for your claw, it with just crafted cold will beat out princess as is, Ofcourse your numbers might be lower or higher in your personal pob, but as an example:
Spoiler

It is not a bad base by any means, might not be the best thing to multimod or invest into, With some luck i imagine the best case would be to get a multimod base with just Phys as extra cold + damage penetrates elemental resistance.
Same testing ground but with a Pen + phys as extra 1-handed multimodded. hopefully you can see how powerful POB is when you're just comparing raw damage mods get to learning to abuse it :)

Spoiler
"
Pimmalage wrote:
"
churoshyo wrote:

The issue with the damage being abysmal is because you have a lower phys as extra cold than the princess does, the best way to scale the build because you're going to be 100% cold conversion and using things like -9 cold helm and Cold pen. The damage you gain as cold is going to be way more valued than the extra as lightning, In POB if you compare just the claw against princess with 20% as extra cold (If you were to divine it to 20%) it's currently already beating out Princess.
Spoiler

And if you were to multimod(suffix) chance to deal double damage(Suffix) and Cold damage upto 54% (prefix) Your claw hastily beats out princess, It leaves one suffix open and there's not a whole lot of options, I'm not sure if you can stack Double damage while focused with the DD mod together, the attack speed near unique enemy i'm not certain if it's local or global but that would be good if global. What i did on mine was use the Suffix cold damage also (Ranges from 13-16% and does stack with the cold% prefix)
Either way using the 'Reasonable POB' in main thread as a testing stage for your claw, it with just crafted cold will beat out princess as is, Ofcourse your numbers might be lower or higher in your personal pob, but as an example:
Spoiler

It is not a bad base by any means, might not be the best thing to multimod or invest into, With some luck i imagine the best case would be to get a multimod base with just Phys as extra cold + damage penetrates elemental resistance.
Same testing ground but with a Pen + phys as extra 1-handed multimodded. hopefully you can see how powerful POB is when you're just comparing raw damage mods get to learning to abuse it :)

Spoiler

thanks to you now i understand it so much better. yeah i thought i had high conversion but i forgotten that hatred gem itself is "extra cold" not normal conversion. i've bought the watchers eye for the conversion. now will be having 93% conversion.

not sure what happen to divine orb as the price is so expensive now. lol. not gonna divine for awhile.
Stupid question but i need energy shield somewhere on gear to make use of ES leech ling
"
Nèmo wrote:
Stupid question but i need energy shield somewhere on gear to make use of ES leech ling
Yes your max energy shield must be greater than zero. OP's setup has +30 es on a ring. You could also have it anywhere else, on abyss jewel, or let's say hybrid es / armor glove, etc.
This build is a ton of fun.
~ Seph
Last edited by sephrinx on Oct 12, 2019, 9:29:40 AM
"
sephrinx wrote:
This build feels pretty bad so far. Only level 70, and definitely not bis gear, but am struggling on yellow tier maps.

here is my build so far - https://pastebin.com/2rG4q1yi

You've somehow messed up a pretty straight forward build in extreme amount. Important things for the build to function are completely missing. So yes it will feel terrible.

I'll list all the things you can change easily to sort it without any investment really.

#1.
You're not 100% conversion or even close too 100%, Use hrimsorrow, and also finish taking the rest of conversion on tree (Winter spirit) This is vital since all your damage scaling is % cold and % elemental and your pen is mostly cold pen via the support. You having physical damage leftover and not converted does extremely little.
If you want to gear past using hrimsorrow, get a watcher's eye with Hatred Conversion.
40% from tree 25% from your gloves you currently have and watcher's eye for upto another 40% conversion.

#2.
You have seemingly ignored ascendancy choices, i suggest you re-read those in the main thread. Ricochet is the one extremely vital part to the entire build.

#3.
You have missed the one and only source of life/mana leech in the build, Take one point into the leech by Vaal pact. If you continue to have mana leech issues take the % Mana nodes suggested.

#4.
Your main links are just wrong hypothermia won't be doing anything as a link for you because you haven't converted hardly any phys into cold, and Chain isn't doing anything for your damage either. Since you haven't taken Ricochet ascendancy.
I suggest re-reading the section on this as i was pretty clear.
Or a TL;DR - Swap Hypothermia for Pierce and Chain for energy shield leech.

#5.
Your gear is fine, you're missing a -res helm. Nomad is an extremely strong belt just swap it in, you're way over-capped on res in your current setup that it's just strictly more damage.
Your shield isn't amazing, it's barely better than a perfectly rolled lioneye's remorse, get something over 2k atleast they're extremely cheap for how much damage you gain.
Your anointment could be pretty-much anything else and it would be more beneficial.

#6.
Swap off alira and get the extra 2 points, you don't seem like you need the resistances, crit isn't all that useful and the mana regen issues are solved if you make the changes i suggested.

--
Sorry to be a bit blunt but i'm impressed you managed to mess up in so many ways. There's a ton of info in the guide, and the FAQ section which i'm sure will help with any issues you might be having.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info