3.12 - Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - Frigid Table Thrower

Rolled this with a few Dense fossil.

T1 Armor, Inc Armor, Inc Armor/Block
Last edited by itskaeo on Jul 24, 2019, 11:26:42 PM
"
Gormelx wrote:
How does Area Damage work with SST ? I got a Glourious Vanity jewel that transformed 8 str/dex nodes into : 22% area damage / 20% projectile dmg / 10% cold / 10% attack damage, and then i took 3 extra ones that had 8% cold+4%life+20% increased area of effect from aura skills & 13 % increased effect of noncurse auras which gave about 10 k dps. This jewel worth it ?

https://streamable.com/m8uln clip here

Not quite sure on your question the only thing that actually gives you damage is "increased effect of non-curse auras" and any proj/cold/attack damage.
If you look at the top of the skill gem it has all the tags for what it is, that scales the skill.
Spectral Shield Throw Deadeye - /view-thread/2548646
Any tips on what I should upgrade?
"
InfHAMous wrote:
Any tips on what I should upgrade?

On first looks, and i haven't looked too hard.
Maim in chest for sure, and -9 Cold on helm, both of those are huge upgrades.
I compared out POE builder Dps and yours is almost 3x mine, can that really be attributed to - cold res on helm and maim?
"
InfHAMous wrote:
I compared out POE builder Dps and yours is almost 3x mine, can that really be attributed to - cold res on helm and maim?

If you're looking to accurately pob damage for the build, i would look into the "reasonable" POB or the unreasonable one, Those are setup to simulate proper shaper dps, The two main things are ticking "Are you leeching energy shield" and "Is the the enemy chilled" so your supports show dps accurately.
The last 2 things are the scaling with chains which we can simulate easily, Looking at the Divide and conquer i have in those POB's it has +4 chain added onto it, Since we gain 40%more damage on a singletarget with that. And you can adjust the "Times projectile has chained" to 0 in config to get the full 50% more damage total (Or 60% if you're using an Ewar's Mirage).
It is kinda complicated to pob accurately if you don't know the mechanics.
I̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶F̶A̶Q̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶i̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶s̶.̶
Added a long-ass FAQ section on setting up POB Hope it helps.
Last edited by Pimmalage on Jul 26, 2019, 7:41:43 PM
Hi guys, thank you for your guide and tips in thread. But I still can't decide where to go, acrobatics or armor? I prefer more survivable way( and cheaper maybe).
First off, thanks for the build guide! Only level 78 atm, but already doing red maps and it's been a breeze. Got pretty solid gear going, and will be multi-modding my weapon and adding "the taming" for my second ring slot.

With that said, I was messing around with the tree, and I came up with this:
https://pastebin.com/YtAXszgh

Would you mind taking a look? Prefer the phys reduction this league over Phase Acro, and with this, I should be over 6k life and about 50% phys reduction with no flasks or buffs.

As I haven't played SST before this, would appreciate your input. Thanks!
"
Phizeek wrote:
I was messing around with the tree, and I came up with this:

Would you mind taking a look? Prefer the phys reduction this league over Phase Acro, and with this, I should be over 6k life and about 50% phys reduction with no flasks or buffs.

Everything looks alright to me, just a couple of things i would consider changing or looking into.

Fangs of frost - You won't get the cold penetration from that sadly because it's "With weapons"

Ash of frost and storm - generally isn't a great node, I would go for the 3 point jewel socket instead (Either at templar or in scion near beserking) Netting you a bit more damage and life (From jewel rolls and strength nodes)

And finally the 3 points at weapon artistry i would do the same. (Grabbing another jewel socket.
"
Pimmalage wrote:
"
Phizeek wrote:
I was messing around with the tree, and I came up with this:

Everything looks alright to me, just a couple of things i would consider changing or looking into.

Fangs of frost - You won't get the cold penetration from that sadly because it's "With weapons"

Ash of frost and storm - generally isn't a great node, I would go for the 3 point jewel socket instead (Either at templar or in scion near beserking) Netting you a bit more damage and life (From jewel rolls and strength nodes)

And finally the 3 points at weapon artistry i would do the same. (Grabbing another jewel socket.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I will take a look and try that out. Seems like a good idea. And thanks or letting me know about the cold pen. Overlooked that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info