[3.7] Diabloyd's Avatar of Voidforge Jugg Cyclone / 7K+ HP / 3~4M+ Shaper DPS

"
diabloyd wrote:
"
Enterich wrote:
Hi,
got a Problem with my dps.
Got the hatred crit jewel , using abyssus and a 6L voidforge but im still at around 950k normal damage ( shaper dps is only at around 500k ) All potions clicked , assassins mark is active , enemy covered in ashe , wave of conviction set to fire , etc. Next step is to add 2 Jewels with attack speed, life and crit multiplier but this shouldnt be the issue.

Only difference i think is you have a voidsword in your profile named (true) which adds 100% phys to lightning fire and cold. Im not sure if thats the problem. *edit* copied your true voidforge , but it converts any element 100% to fire , im now at 2million shaper dps. but your profile is at 3,7 million. Cant believe its the karui jewel,the 3 more level & some minor tweaks.

This is my pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/tuwHX0vy

This is my gear , profil is set to public:

Hi!
Voidforge is not properly calculated by PoB (it won't recognize "random element"). So you'll have to edit it yourself.
I imported your PoB and only added these into your Voidforge, others are unchanged:
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
Gain 100% of Weapon Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage

Your dps is now 3.4M :)

Here's your PoB with my added mods
https://pastebin.com/JSzcUnV3

Thanks again for your help!

I changed it but i still only have 3,4 million dps vs normal monster while you have nearly 6 million.

Cant see where the big difference come from, Still lacking some small upgrades and 3 lvl, but that doesnt make sense i deal only 50% of your damage.
"
Enterich wrote:

I changed it but i still only have 3,4 million dps vs normal monster while you have nearly 6 million.

Cant see where the big difference come from, Still lacking some small upgrades and 3 lvl, but that doesnt make sense i deal only 50% of your damage.

I took another look at your PoB, and found out that you didn't check "Is the enemy ignited", and "Is Infusion Active" is also not checked.
With these two options on, you now have 4.5M dps to normal mobs.

Also in my PoB, I checked the "Power charges", which does not really make sense, try unchecking Power Charges in my PoB.
"
diabloyd wrote:
"
Enterich wrote:

I took another look at your PoB, and found out that you didn't check "Is the enemy ignited", and "Is Infusion Active" is also not checked.

Also in my PoB, I checked the "Power charges", which does not really make sense, try unchecking Power Charges in my PoB.

Diabloyd, where does the difference of 6 mil vs 4.5 mil come from?

Thanks!
"
BlackHao wrote:
"
diabloyd wrote:
"
Enterich wrote:

Diabloyd, where does the difference of 6 mil vs 4.5 mil come from?

Thanks!

It is not exactly 6 mil, it was 5.7 with Power charges.
By unchecking the Power charges, it leaves me with 5.2M , which is not that different from 4.5M now :)
Hi very new to voidforge here.

Can you explain the reason why to go for avatar of fire and doing only fire damage?

Does voidforge function the same as elemental hit or something ? (Quoted from
ele hit wiki : "All three elements are present on the gem when it comes to damage conversion, the selection of an element happens afterwards and does not retroactively change the results of conversion")

If thats not the case then isn't it a loss of damage to go avatar of fire?

Example 100 physical damage per hit :

With avatar of fire + pyre ring :

Random elements picks fire : 300 + (100 + 0.5) = 350 fire damage damage
Random elements picks cold : (300 * 0.9) + (100 + 0.5) = 320 fire damage
Random elements picks lightning : (300 * 0.5) + (100 + 0.5) = 200 fire damage

Avg damage per hits : (350 + 320 + 200) / 3 = 290

Easier to get penetration because its 100% fire damage

Without avatar of fire and pyre ring :

Random elements picks fire : 300 fire damage
Random elements picks cold : 300 cold damage
Random elements picks lightning : 300 lightning damage

Avg damage = 300

Harder to get penetration cause its 3 elements but you save a ring slot for some nice flat phys steel ring.

Are my maths correct? Are both setups almost the same in the end dps wise?
Last edited by Krayken on Jun 24, 2019, 1:47:39 PM
"
Krayken wrote:

Can you explain the reason why to go for avatar of fire and doing only fire damage?

ele hit wiki : "All three elements are present on the gem when it comes to damage conversion, the selection of an element happens afterwards and does not retroactively change the results of conversion")

Avg damage = 300

Harder to get penetration cause its 3 elements but you save a ring slot for some nice flat phys steel ring.

Yes, you are correct. If you just simply convert the damage like this, your damage won't be better than before.

But the reason I'm doing this is because of the "fire res reduction".

we have:
Fire exposure (wave of conviction) -25% fire res
Combustion -19% fire res
Wise Oak -15% fire res
Xoph's blood -10% fire res
And potentially an enchant for the boots, 10% ele res penetration

Let's exclude the boots enchant for now, and just look at our total fire res reduction, which is -69% fire res.

Shaper/guardians have 40% ele res by default, let's assume you have 100 damage, and you can deal 60 damage to them.

If you reduce 69% fire res, you'll deal 129 damage to them, which is 115% more damage compared to the damage before fire res reduction.

Comparing this to a normal Voidforge build without damage conversion, let's say, you have 35% ele penetration (boots enchant, amulet affix, Wise Oak with 3 ele res balanced).
-35% fire res will deal 95 damage them. With the pure fire version with boots' enchant (-79% fire res), you still deal 46% more damage than a normal Voidforge build.

And that's how this build's damage work. Hope this can answer your question :)
"
diabloyd wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:

Avg damage = 300

Yes, you are correct. If you just simply convert the damage like this, your damage won't be better than before.

But the reason I'm doing this is because of the "fire res reduction".

we have:
Fire exposure (wave of conviction) -25% fire res
Combustion -19% fire res
Wise Oak -15% fire res
Xoph's blood -10% fire res
And potentially an enchant for the boots, 10% ele res penetration

Let's exclude the boots enchant for now, and just look at our total fire res reduction, which is -69% fire res.

Shaper/guardians have 40% ele res by default, let's assume you have 100 damage, and you can deal 60 damage to them.

If you reduce 69% fire res, you'll deal 129 damage to them, which is 115% more damage compared to the damage before fire res reduction.

Comparing this to a normal Voidforge build without damage conversion, let's say, you have 35% ele penetration (boots enchant, amulet affix, Wise Oak with 3 ele res balanced).
-35% fire res will deal 95 damage them. With the pure fire version with boots' enchant (-79% fire res), you still deal 46% more damage than a normal Voidforge build.

And that's how this build's damage work. Hope this can answer your question :)

Allright makes sense man, thanks for the quick reply!

this is the gear i am using, path of building says i only do about 400k at most optimally but i feel real weak. Any ideas on upgrades and improvement?

POB -- https://pastebin.com/LPYGDKwD
"
awsoem26 wrote:

this is the gear i am using, path of building says i only do about 400k at most optimally but i feel real weak. Any ideas on upgrades and improvement?

POB -- https://pastebin.com/LPYGDKwD

Check: "infusion active" and "exposure type: fire"

Get Disemboweling & Blade of cunning clusters first, these can provide lots of damage.

Plus you have too many passives wasted, try to reallocate them and follow the right way.

The rest of the problems are the rares, when you have enough currency try to get something like mine (or better). You should uncheck Berserk in the PoB tho.

Things will get better when you advance :)
wow man respeced from berserker
and i can only say i missed jugg so much ( good old MS days )
the difference in defense is day and night (t16 legion seems like t1 mobs )
while i still do 4mil+- dps.
beside the watcher eyes i need to upgrade,
what else do you recommend to seek after for the next upgrade?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info