[3.15] Broodmother: Summon Spiders Necro | THE NEW OP SUMMONER | 8m DPS | 11k EHP

"
blackjellyman wrote:
"
Keyen wrote:

They have the wrong figures, though, as the "min maxed one" is 9M dps, now, not 13,3M.

Anyway, I tinkered a bit with the clusters jewels, and I'm confident Arakaali can hit 15M dps with accessible gear. Cry wolf, rotten claws and renewal can do wonders for the DPS, and you don't have to switch gems between melee splash and a dps support as a triggered abyssal cry (doing 80% life damage of the mob) will do the work for clear.

https://pastebin.com/XzRB94ci

I'm not satisfied with the defensive options of the pob yet (but enduring cry is cool for this huge life regen), so I may drop perfidy and war banner for something more defensive. But the damage looks very good, much higher than 3.9 despite the huge nerf.

Ah, I see. So to clarify. The min-maxed one still deals the most damage if you get the right items. Very interesting regarding the changes you did to the build. Do you mind posting your POB whenever you have time, so I can compare and contrast and see how things change with while comparing two extremely similar builds. I feel like the nuance in comparing them will help me better understand PoE in general and how things work. Cause I find it quite interesting how very little tinkering can increase the damage of a build by so much. Blows my mind.

edit: Just saw the pastebin my bad. Staying at home and grinding this game due to the virus outbreak how ruined my brain. The lack of sleep and bordem is getting to me.

Well, I did say it was a little tinkering of the cluster jewels, but the build is radically different:
-Physical impale instead of chaos based
-Warcry based (and abyssal cry for clearing, so I don't need to switch to melee splash)
-heavy use of cluster jewels (I have zero minion node in the regular tree, except the anoitment of gravepact)
Edit: Goddamnit, this forum :/
Last edited by Keyen on Mar 29, 2020, 10:13:44 AM
"
Keyen wrote:

Well, I did say it was a little tinkering of the cluster jewels, but the build is radically different:
-Physical impale instead of chaos based
-Warcry based (and abyssal cry for clearing, so I don't need to switch to melee splash)
-heavy use of cluster jewels (I have zero minion node in the regular tree, except the anoitment of gravepact)

Okay so I compared your build and the OPs and from my shitty noob rudimentary understanding.

Your build has your minions using enduring cry for the bonus life steal + rallying cry for the 180% damage increase per monster near/taunted, all this coupled with impale nodes taken in the passive tree followed with OP cluster jewels to further add minion damage and impale damage to your minions. So while your minions are wailing for insane damage, when the monsters die to them they explode due to abyssal cry thus taking more chaos damage, and the chain repeats. You went this route to sub out melee splash damage because your way is like chain explosions while they are all taunted up?

You probably already thought of this, but did you take a gander at taking OPs build and adding broken/Overpowred cluster jewels to it. Possibly ones that increase chaos damage? 'Cause doesn't chaos damage bypass all resistances and straight up just target the health. Seems broken if you can get it high up there.

Again this is my first league I'm taking seriously, so sorry if what I said was 100% wrong.

Thank you for taking the time to explain some of the build to me. I genuinely appreciate it.
Last edited by blackjellyman on Mar 29, 2020, 12:14:02 PM
Enduring cry is for you only, it doesn't affect the minions. However, arakaali spiders are already invulnerable, so they don't take damage (and they benefit from renewal all the time).

Rallying cry combined to 6 cry wolf is increasing your damage by 618%, and intimidating cry (Farrul chase + aspect of the cat crafted somewhere) is increasing the attack speed by 92% (and this time, both affect minions).

Indeed, I combine this with impale notables, so I have 93% impale chance without the impale support (This way, I can use a better support).

Then, I can trigger abyssal cry automatically by using whirling blade or cyclone on them, while still keeping a spare charge for myself, being for rallying cry, enduring cry, or the trigger for intimidating cry (the why is fairly technical, you can forget about it for now)

I actually didn't went the abyssal route specifically to avoid melee splash, however, it sort of happened. The possibility was here, and the costs were quite low. Al dhin is still a good damage upgrade because of the 50% warcry effectiveness, it also gives you good sustain (warcry effectiveness, again, but also by reducing warcries CD to 2s). It's a balanced weapon, and you can DW with arakaali without problem.

Maybe you could pick the OP and then getting the related cluster notables to it, however, I won't do that for several reasons. First, chaos is not that good. Enemies do have chaos resistance, and it's complicated to get rid of. Then, the main way to scale chaos damage, wither, doesn't work well with the increased damage taken from rattling bellow (again, it's a bit technical of why, but it's basically because it's additive). Second, it's not my build, so...
Thank you so very much for the detailed explanation. It made things make a lot more sense, and not just build related to this thread, but things as whole for the game. I'll make both your and OPs characters builds and hopefully both bring me as much success. Thanks for all the help :)
@Keyen while I just noticed your build has all negative resistances. Is that on purpose? Won't that make your character explode by getting even hit once on harder maps.

I'm making both builds just cause.
Last edited by blackjellyman on Mar 30, 2020, 1:37:54 AM
It's not a complete pob. You obviously need to fill it with hp and res Items.
This build just feels meh anymore. I invested some currency into it and the damage just isnt there to me. This build was once alot of fun and able to clear all content in the game. Now it feels mediocre at best. Very unfortunate. Back to golems I suppose.
Last edited by NecropK on Mar 31, 2020, 1:30:26 PM
@Inkira

Unless my path of building is glitching out how did you get the ravenous horde passive without any of the tree leading to it? Thanks
"

Unless my path of building is glitching out how did you get the ravenous horde passive without any of the tree leading to it? Thanks

Anointed my brother

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info