[3.8] Broodmother Cosplay | Summon Spiders Necro | Deathless Uber | 7m Shaper DPS!

MY OTHER BUILD GUIDE IS UP, CHECK IT OUT
[3.8] Indigon RF Pathfinder | Deathless Uber | ALL MAP MODS | 1M Shaper DPS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2653996

Introduction
------------------------

Do you like stupid amounts of DPS? Do you like watching your babies eat everything in sight while you just chill in the back? Do you secretly harbor a love for spiders? Then this is the build for you!

I’ve taken bits and pieces from other summon spider builds while also putting my own twist on things and I think that I have come to a great setup. I believe that my build is better than many of the older Summon Spider builds that I drew inspiration from.

If you have questions or need to contact me about the build, please post on this thread. Don't PM me in game or on forums. I will check this thread regularly.

Update as of 9/14/19
------------------------

Uber Elder down deathless. I don't have much more I can improve on with the build except min maxing jewels/gems, so unless something comes up I'm considering the build complete for 3.8.

Videos
------------------------

3.8 Deathless Uber Elder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuLSiCOrXfw&feature=youtu.be
As you can see in this video, the build absolute melts Uber Elder. They are almost instantly phased each time, and we are free to dodge all of the attacks while the spiders continue to DPS.

3.8 Deathless Shaper (2man HP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBCWi1pAmRo&feature=youtu.be

Pros/Cons and Highlights
------------------------

Pros
------------------------
- No 5 or 6 links required
- Minions are ridiculously aggressive, no need for Death Mark or Feeding
Frenzy
- Minions are invincible (literally) and cannot be targeted
- Insane clear speed
- Melts bosses
- Cheap for how much DPS you get
- Can do ALL map mods
- Semi-automated healing

Cons
------------------------

- Summoning mechanic takes some getting used to
- Spiders are on a timer and will despawn at the end of it
- Required uniques can be expensive at league start
- Not SSF friendly
- Summoning spiders in the middle of a fight can be spooky sometimes

Highlights
------------------------

- Approximately 7 million Shaper DPS (350k DPS x 20 spiders, DPS varies with
jewels, could be even higher!)
- 8.2k EHP at lvl 90, 8.8k at lvl 100 (9.6k with rare shield!)
- Enemies are always blinded thanks to minion jewel
- Consume corpses every 5 seconds with The Devouring Diadem for instant full
heal
- Automatically generates corpses for Devouring Diadem to eat with Cast when
Damage Taken + Desecrate
- Aspect of the Spider reduces enemy damage and slows them, as well as
increasing the damage they take
- Temporal Chains adds even more slows on top of Aspect of the Spider
- Free 2.2k DMG shield from Bone Armor

How to Summon Spiders
------------------------
Spoiler

To summon spiders, make sure your Devouring Diadem has just procced so it won't eat the corpses you spawn. Next, summon corpses with Desecrate and drop worms at the same time, then IMMEDIATELY cast Bane on top of the corpses. The circle should cover the worms and corpses and summon 20 spiders at once.

This method takes practice, but gets easier as you play the build.

POB Link
------------------------
Spoiler
Maxed Gear lvl 100
https://pastebin.com/H87vkxCG

Realistic Gear lvl 90
https://pastebin.com/YGSqgb9j

Note that both POB links are using The Scourge for mapping DPS. Swap out The Scourge for the included rare shield for bossing setup.

My Version of Summon Spiders VS. Other Peoples’
------------------------
Spoiler

I don't use Necromantic Aegis with Victario's Charity because we lose the ability to use a rare shield during Uber Elder, which makes the fight harder on us. During mapping and Shaper/Guardians Victario's Charity is completely overkill and isn't needed at all, but during Uber Elder we need EHP from a rare shield. Also this saves us points from pathing to Necromantic Aegis which we use to get more life from the tree.

I use Bane to apply curses instead of Ball Lightning, Orb of Storms, or Storm Brand. Quality on Bane increases curse effectiveness and since Bane is an instant cast AOE it doesn't have to travel like Ball Lightning, it can be used at a distant unlike Orb of Storms, and it has a larger area than Storm Brand.

Required Uniques
------------------------
Spoiler

Without these uniques we can’t summon spiders, so they're required.

Highly Recommended Uniques
------------------------
Spoiler

While not a hard requirement, The Scourge is a great DPS boost for mapping and helps us mow through maps and delves. We can even use this with the Shaper fight, though with Uber Elder I recommend a rare shield instead.

I've been asked why we use The Scourge instead of a rare scepter with minion damage and minion attack speed. First, we cannot use Whirling Blades with a scepter, so the loss in movement already makes this a bad choice. Second, to get a scepter that can compete with The Scourge we would have to spend about 1 ex, and we would only get about a 10K dps increase for a perfectly rolled minion scepter!

Without this we can’t use all of the auras we want, and we also won’t have the defense boost from the Mind over Matter and Eldritch Battery combo. You can get away with a rare helm but this helm is insanely good for us, no reason to not use it.

Like with The Scourge, Fenumus’s Shroud isn’t a hard requirement, but it’s too good to pass up. You can use a rare chest in the meantime if you can’t afford this chest, but you really want to get it. The mod “Enemies affected by your spider’s webs deal 10% reduced damage” is a great boost to our defenses, and the energy shield regen mod also makes sure we never run out of mana even when we are getting hit and losing ES due to the Eldritch Battery and Mind over Matter combo.

Blood of the Karui gives us a great heal. If we get chunked for a large portion of our life and use the flask, we start to heal up. If we somehow get hit for a large chunk again, then the flask will again heal us for full HP at the end of the duration. Very nice to have in a big fight with lots of stuff hitting us constantly.

My Current Gear
------------------------
Spoiler

Make sure you have Aspect of the Spider on one of your rings!

For Uber Elder I highly recommend swapping out The Scourge for a rare shield like the one shown for more tankiness. We still have plenty of damage without The Scourge, and we need the extra life for Uber Elder to make it much easier on ourselves.

Gem Quality
------------------------
Spoiler
Not all of our gems need to be quality, and in fact we can still do ridiculous DPS without any quality on gems, but obviously it helps to have some. In order of importance:

Minion Damage 20% Quality
Withering Touch 20% Quality
Despair 20% Quality
Bane 23% Quality
Temporal Chains 20% Quality
Melee Splash 20% Quality (extra AOE is nice for clearing)
Generosity 20% Quality (increased area since spiders like to run off screen, not required)
Faster Attacks 20% Quality (movement quality of life, not required)
Desecrate 20% Quality (Faster cast speed, use this for self cast Desecrate!)

Gem Links and Explanation
------------------------
Spoiler
Level all gems to 20 or 21 unless otherwise stated.

Arakaali’s Fang: Minion Damage - Melee Splash - Withering Touch

We use Withering Touch because the focus of this build is scaling the Poison DOT damage of Spiders, as well as the fact that no other gem gives as much DPS as Withering Touch. This is what makes the build do ridiculous amounts of damage and melt bosses. Melee Splash is for clearing and we do so much excessive damage that we don't even have to bother swapping Melee Splash for another damage gem.

Offhand: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Helm: Generosity - War Banner - Malevolence

ON A SEPERATE SINGLE SOCKET ON HELM: Vaal Haste

For coloring your helm I recommend using the Jeweler method. Get a single socket on the helm that is green for Vaal Haste, then craft two and one sockets over and over until you get a green and a red. Then craft three and two sockets over and over until you get 1 green and 2 reds. Lastly craft 4 sockets and you should get a single blue. Then link the 2 reds and the blue.

Chest: Raise Specter - Minion Life - Blood Magic

ON A SEPARATE THREE LINK ON CHEST: Spirit Offering - Desecrate (lvl 1) - Spell Cascade (lvl 1)

With specters we can go to Act 2 Riverways and grab a Carnage Chieftain (the ape that gives frenzy charges to allies) to give our Spiders frenzy charges.
Blood Magic allows them to spam their frenzy charge generating ability.

On the separate three link we have a our manually cast Spirit Offering and Desecrate to give our Spiders even more DPS and to give us and our Specters some energy shield for more EHP.

Gloves: Cast when Damage Taken (lvl 1) - Desecrate (lvl 1) - Spirit Offering (lvl 1) - Convocation

This setup allows us to spam corpses whenever we get hit, which will then be consumed by our helm to heal us. Spirit Offering will eat any corpses nearby or ones spawned by Desecrate which then gives us more ES for MoM + EB to take from if we get hit.

Boots: Bane - Temporal Chains - Despair - Enhance (lvl 3, 4 if you're rich)

We use Bane because with quality it increases the effectiveness of our curses giving us more damage and a stronger slow, and we can also cast it from any range instantly instead of waiting for something like Ball Lightning to move across the screen. For the 4th link we use Enhance to further increase the quality of our curses as well as the quality of Bane which gives us even more curse effectiveness.

Jewels
------------------------
Spoiler
Jewels are really important for us as we are somewhat starved for flat life on gear. Also we may need some resists here or there, and we can also get those from jewels. In order of importance, get these stats on jewels:

Flat Life
Resists (if you are under cap)
Minion flat physical damage
Minion blind chance (only 1 jewel with this mod, put in your belt for 50% effect)
Minion movement speed (only 1 jewel with this mod, put in your belt for 50% effect)
Minion attack speed

Bandits and Other Info
------------------------
Spoiler
Bandits: Kill All

Pantheon: Soul of the Brine King and Soul of Ryslatha

Soul of the Brine King is VERY needed to stop us from getting chain stunned. If we get hit for a large hit and get stunned, then we will just get hit again by the same enemy and stunned a second time and most likely die. We need to be able to escape and heal.

Soul of Ryslatha for life flask regen during boss fights. Really good to have in long fights like Uber Elder where we have damage but need to focus on sustain and staying alive while spiders do the damage.

Lab Enchants:

Gloves: War
Boots: Movement Speed, Regen, Spell Dodge
Helm: Spirit Offering grants +12% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage OR 15% increased Effect of Curses applied by Bane

Leveling
------------------------
Spoiler
I highly recommend leveling with Summon Raging Spirits. It uses all of the same nodes and ascendancy passives that Summon Spiders uses, so the transition between them is very smooth.

Grab SRS as soon as its available and while leveling follow this tree, rushing for the minion nodes and picking up life on the way as needed.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.7.1/AAAABAMAAAPuBAcEswj0EFEc3B0UHb4lISWyKPoy0TOHOlg6xkVHSp9Ms1XGYPhihmaeZ3FqQ2vbbRl9GILHg9uJvI9GmE2boZ69oOaiAKaspwiqqayYuJO86sBm34rpAuvu8B_31_rS

As you continue to level fill out the rest of the tree, ignoring all jewel sockets until you have all other nodes. By the time you reach level 60, you can start using Writhing Jar and Arakaali’s Fang.

For gems use SRS - Melee Splash - Melee Physical - Spell Echo - Minion Damage - Withering Touch.

It’s nice to level with these gems as you can swap over Melee Splash, Minion Damage, and Withering Touch directly over to Arakaali’s Fang once you start using it. Add these gems as soon as they are available from quests.

Ascendancy order is Mistress of Sacrifice, Commander of Darkness, Mindless Aggression, Bone Barrier.

Feedback
------------------------
Spoiler

"
Slezina wrote:
I never comment on builds, but this one deserves it. Completely trivializes the game on a modest budget. First time I've killed Shaper, and all of his guards, corrupted. All of the fights were a joke, I haven't lost a single hp in the Shaper fight.

Thank you for a great build, I will probably retire the character now, since it's just stupid strong, I don't even look at the mods for red maps, and just walk around, while the spiders destroy everything.

"
Pauly99 wrote:
Hi Inkira

I love this build so much it's powerful and spider so aggressive, Now my char is LV.89 still fine with T15 and I try to fight in T16 FIRST TIME!!

Thank you for great build, I'm noob and I can do it

"
Deaggarnaut wrote:
Just completed a deathless uber on my first try with this build. What a great and fun build!!

"
Chaplin1108 wrote:

That said I started the build on July 3 and finished the hard bosses by July 14. While it is difficult to initially get the big ticket items, namely the uniques, the rares and gems are easier to come by -- and it becomes a matter of min-max at that point. So definitely a great investment for those looking for an alternative build after they finish gearing or farming with their starter. More importantly, for console users the build is definitely usable, there is some lag here and there but for most part it runs smoothly and lag isn't as big of an issue since honestly the spiders end up killing the enemies on screen so you don't need to worry about death by lag as often. I want to emphasize for console users especially this is a great build for taking on UBER Atziri, as it gets past the latency and delay issues that would normally make that fight harder than it should be.

Old Updates
------------------------
Spoiler
Update as of 9/11/19
------------------------

Shaper down with 2 Man HP, was a complete breeze. I've decided to drop Immortal call because the new Bone Armor skill is just way better. By dropping IC we also have room for convocation which we want for indoor maps when Spiders get trapped around walls. I've updated the PoB to reflect this change as well as some other minor changes, including adding my current gear in Blight league.

Update as of 9/9/19
------------------------

Alright, with the new minion accuracy stats being added to PoB it turns out our Spiders don't need Precision at all. We still use War Banner though for the "Nearby Enemies take 12% Increased Physical Damage". By dropping Precision we can fit Spirit Offering back into our CWDT setup.

Update as of 9/7/19
------------------------

With Blight comes a decent sized rewrite to the build, and MASSIVE buffs! Some of the buffs include:
- 130k increased DPS per Spider
- free 30% ele res from Necromancer
- free 10% phys reduction from Necromancer
- approximately +200 flat life due to improved pathing
- 6% increased minion duration

An interesting change is that Desecrate has no charge system anymore and has infinite uses. This means that with Cast when Damage Taken, we can spam corpses every time we get hit, which means there will ALWAYS be corpses for Devouring Diadem to eat, increasingly the reliability of our auto-healing system.

Also, I was able to rearrange gems and drop some stuff to allow us to fit in Specters! With Carnage Chieftains we get frenzy charge generation for our Spiders which is an ridiculous DPS boost.

For details of the changes, check out the updated "POB Links", "Gem Links and Explanation", and "My Current Gear" sections of the guide.

Be aware that I might still change some things about the build for 3.8, so look out for potential changes in the coming week!
My guides:
[3.8] Broodmother Cosplay | Summon Spiders Necro | Deathless Uber All Content Completed w/ 4.5m DPS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2540439

[3.8] Indigon RF Pathfinder | Deathless Uber | ALL MAP MODS | 1M Shaper DPS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2653996
Last edited by Inkira on Nov 22, 2019, 8:50:16 PM
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2019, 7:46:16 PM
interesting! how does it work with the monolith? is it hard to wake them up? have u try endgame boss with this kinda gear yet?
"
greenlupo wrote:
interesting! how does it work with the monolith? is it hard to wake them up? have u try endgame boss with this kinda gear yet?

Sometimes the spiders can get so aggressive they don't hit every single monster you want during a legion encounter, but that's just the nature of their aggression.

I haven't personally done Shaper or anything like that yet this league but this build is entirely capable of melting him. Others have done so already. This build is just a different take on what already works.
My guides:
[3.8] Broodmother Cosplay | Summon Spiders Necro | Deathless Uber All Content Completed w/ 4.5m DPS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2540439

Last edited by Inkira on Jun 16, 2019, 10:27:39 PM
I've updated the thread a bit since posting and I'm going to work on gameplay videos very soon!
My guides:

Hey thanks for the well made guide,im gonna reroll and try this build, hopefully i can get far this league

Do you think you could add a more detailed leveling guide? like at what level to put some items and gems, or even the links you suggest for RS ? Thanks
Last edited by Damspy1 on Jun 17, 2019, 5:46:42 PM
hi!

How well does this build handle legion content? Done any 4/5-way battles? Gonna run either this or ice golems, and was hoping to do some battles on a farily decent budget :)
"
jhrlund wrote:
hi!

How well does this build handle legion content? Done any 4/5-way battles? Gonna run either this or ice golems, and was hoping to do some battles on a farily decent budget :)

I haven't done any legion fights yet aside from the monoliths while mapping so I can't comment on how it will work within the fight's particular mechanics but DPS is not an issue.

What I'm unsure of is how the minion AI will react, because spiders are VERY aggro, and sometimes they like to run off and hit some white mob on the edge of the screen and not the rare mob that you want them to hit. This may be a problem or it may not, I don't know yet.

"
Damspy1 wrote:
Hey thanks for the well made guide,im gonna reroll and try this build, hopefully i can get far this league

Do you think you could add a more detailed leveling guide? like at what level to put some items and gems, or even the links you suggest for RS ? Thanks

I can add more leveling info sure, tho the section won't be extensive as this isn't a guide for new players, nor do you level with this build anyways, you switch to it at lvl 60, but yes I can add some more info.
My guides:

I updated the leveling section some as well as added a video section with my first video.
My guides:

"
Inkira wrote:
I updated the leveling section some as well as added a video section with my first video.

Thank you so much for this :) im currently in the process of trying it, i have a fair bit of currency and wanted to give a summoner a try.
"
Damspy1 wrote:
"
Inkira wrote:

Thank you so much for this :) im currently in the process of trying it, i have a fair bit of currency and wanted to give a summoner a try.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask me. :)
My guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info