[3.7] - OLD - Storm Burst on a 4-link - starter friendly

Edit:
skill trees updates for 3.13.Whispers of doom now takes 3 more talents to get to.
Updates item links. The ol'gal is still doing fine in 3.13.

Storm Burst Scion! She is a raiding witch.

Because the Scion got early access to the Duration nodes, and later on can add Faster Cast nodes. What you get is a character with low tooltip damage what forces you to move (a L2P-build so to speak). This is my second character to complete the Endgame Labyrinth. And because all Scions are born equal you can move around their gear easily after the periodic talent resets.

The setup is cheap: a 4-link is enough. But Scions ascend with quircks, so some extra Orbs of Regret help to reroute the skill tree after doing the Endgame Labyrinth.

Storm Burst levels easy because it starts out with half its damage being physical. This is a great help against early bosses. Don't go full lightning conversion until you got curses and penetration. Later on you get 2 curses worth -100 resistance, and may spice it up with Elemental Equilibrium and lightning penetration, making foes head for -200 lightning resistance.

Dexterity may be an issue. But the skill tree gives access to 2 nodes with 30 dex. Also the Raider perk (cruel Lab) grants 40 dexterity.

Survivability comes with 2 totems, 2 golems and a bunch of unnamed minions procced by Herald of Purity. I use the link Herald of Thunder - Herald of Purity - Phantasm Support for my never ending swarm of distracting gnats.

Skill Links
Spoiler
This build ends full lightning:
- Storm Burst - Physical To Lightning - Infused Channeling - Extra Duration
- Spell Totem - Lightning Tendrils - Increased Area of Effect
- Herald of Thunder - Herald of Purity - Phantasm Support
Yes that's a 4-link and a 3-link to complete the game.

Ascendancies
Spoiler
Witch Elementalist - No elemental reflect, 2 Golems for survivability.
Raider - Runspeed, Phasing and Onslaught.

Skill Tree - Baby steps

Skill Tree - Finalising

Spoils.
Spoiler
Some suggestions if you want to spend more than 10 Orbs of Fusing on this build :D.

- Malachai's Artifice + Flame Golem - 50 extra penetration against bosses

- Shaper Hat rolled for Storm Burst

- Shaper Weapon and Shield rolled for Lightning Totems

But where does this end?
Spoiler
Level 90 about! Atziri is on farm. Uberlab is on farm. My first time deathless Poorjoy Asylum.
I'm happy and not caring about deaths. Doing the risky stuff now and I'm having fun.

25 orbs x 35k x 2.9 penetration = 2.5Mdps
not counting totems.

Ascend with precision!
Last edited by Blooglet on Jan 31, 2021, 7:35:23 PM
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2019, 9:44:06 AM
The passive tree in poeplanner seems to be missing nodes as it is set to 3.6.0
Thank you for noticing the old links. I've updates them.

Also added some spoils I'm currently using. This build went beyond my expectations and I'm having a lot of fun with it.
video of build in action would be nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info