[3.7] Spectral Shield Throw Gloomfang Cold Crit Deadeye

Been running Thief's Torment, how do I deal with mana if I swap to an elder ring for life on hit?
"
Been running Thief's Torment, how do I deal with mana if I swap to an elder ring for life on hit?

A jewel with +2 mana gain on hit is really good. Also don't level up Precision higher than you have spare mana for (mine is just level 1).

Also if you're using a prismatic eclipse, try swapping to something with less attack speed like a scaeva or ewar's mirage. A lot of the mana problems with this build come prismatic eclipse boosting your attack speed past where you can sustain. Both of those weapons are pretty close to prismatic eclipse, but don't give a huge boost to movement skills.

Also if you're doing the ele overload version maybe a poacher's mark curse on hit could work.
Last edited by GOB3 on Jul 1, 2019, 7:38:56 AM
What about rupture instead of fast and deadly to combat gloomfang? Bleeding, crit multi, and freeing up a ring mod may be a nice trade.

Do you really need the aspeed, 30% proj damage and accuracy?
"
Martzilla wrote:
What about rupture instead of fast and deadly to combat gloomfang? Bleeding, crit multi, and freeing up a ring mod may be a nice trade.

Do you really need the aspeed, 30% proj damage and accuracy?

If you're converting 100% to cold (or whatever) there's no phys damage left to cause bleeding. If you're not using a conversion watcher's eye, this might work, but I haven't tested it. Also that node only works against targets that are already bleeding, so it might not be reliable when you're attacking huge packs.
I had been thinking about Rupture as well, so you're saying that even when something gives you "Attacks have X% chance to cause Bleed" you still have to inflict physical damage for it to work, or else the Bleed is started from a base of 0 damage and thus just doesn't activate?

With Winter Spirit and Hrimburn that's 70% converted, so as long as you get a Watcher's Eye with 25% to 29% converted, you could still have a small amount of physical in order to trigger the bleed? My thought was getting Rupture for single targets and bosses, to boost the crit factor up with the combo of Bleed + Blind.

That also has me wondering, how does the cold conversion work with Hatred? As you get more cold conversion, does the percentage of physical as cold from Hatred keep getting smaller but the amount of cold damage to get boosted by the other aspect increases, or does it get it's percentage of physical damage number from before the conversion to cold?
I made my own version of a cold conv crit without gloomfang and still favouring Armour and vaal MS / cwdt MS for survivability. Warning 100ex+ build 5M+dps (single target)/3M3+ shaper dps

+double hatred watchers eye cold conv + %crit attacks

POB https://pastebin.com/ZVufgpEv, shaper dps
Last edited by Fullrom on Jul 4, 2019, 6:23:13 AM
I'm playing crit cold Deadeye SST, going gud

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 19, 2019, 1:02:26 AM
"
GOB3 wrote:
hybrid shields don't really have enough armor or evasion to be worth using in most cases. If you can find one, great, but even a perfectly rolled hybrid shield won't be better than a shield with a big armor roll. Effective crit chance with power charges & diamond flask vs a blinded enemy is around 70% with a magna eclipsis. going to a pure armor shield, this drops by about 5%. At that point, it might be justifiable to switch to an elemental overload build, but this requires a LOT of points spent travelling on the skill tree. Check out Pimmalage's thread for this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2548646

I'm at just shy of 35% crit chance, before power charges. 42.45% with 3 power charges, so 85% with diamond flask. Pretty standard really, what's the issue? What does choice of shield have to do with crit chance?
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 20, 2019, 3:18:29 PM
ES on your shield boosts the base crit of SST by .1% per 10 ES.
double post..weird.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Jul 19, 2019, 9:26:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info