[3.9] Can't Touch This! Glacial Hammer JUGG league starter

Have been playing a glacial hammer juggernaut as a league starter and thought it would be nice to share my build with everyone.

Pros (+)
-Starter gear is cheap and can easily take you to level 80+
-Decent clear speed
-Survivable

Cons (-)
- Requires gem swap on more difficult bosses
- Non META clear speed

HC viable?
With some gear swaps this build can become HC viable. However, with my current gear I would not suggest it.

Bandits
-Help Alira

PoB link
https://pastebin.com/1gWKiFsD

Gem Links
Spoiler

6-Link
Listed in order of importance
Glacial Hammer=>Ele damage w/ attacks=>Melee Phys damage=>Hypothermia=>Ancestral call=>Multistrike

*For bossing swap out ancestral call for ruthless.

4-Link
Vaal Molten Shell-CWDT-Increased duration-Lightning/Ice Golem
Ice golem gives gives more dps but lightning golem helps us move faster.
Molten shell is used as our guard skill as we have around 10k armour. Another advantage to using molten shell is that the vaal skill can be used during the downtime of the normal molten shell.

4-Link
Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-Blood Magic-Fortify

4-Link
Ancestral Protector-Melee Physical-Ele Damage-Blood Rage

*Blood Rage can be moved to a 3-link so that culling strike can be added to this 4-link.

3-Link
Frost Bomb-Herald of Ice-Hatred

3-Link
Open to anything you desire, I personally would put blood rage and a banner in this link.

Budget Gear
Spoiler

I bought two Frostbreaths for 1c each on day one of the league, they cost <1 alch now. Oskarm cost 1-2c and are really good until you can get a mark of the elder with a shaped assasin mark on hit ring.

Endgame Gear
Spoiler

Doryani's Catalyst is hard to beat as it provides us with crit chance, a large amount of increased elemental damage and a decent pdps. Winter Burial is a must for clear speed.

Stat Priority
Spoiler
All unique items are set in stone in terms of stats, however here is a list of some stats to prioritize for any rare items being used.

Helmet - If you choose to use a rare helm over abyssus try to get a glacial hammer phys as extra cold helm enchant and craft it with pristine and frigged fossils to get life and -cold res

Rings - I mainly focus on resist on the rings however if your resists are capped try to get added phys and increased ele damage with attacks

Gloves - If you are not using Oskarm try to get life attack speed added cold or phys (added cold is usually much cheaper to go for) and resists if needed

Amulet - Intelligence is a must here, if want to use doryani's catalyst as we do not get much intelligence on the skill tree. Then try to aim for a high life roll with added phys/cold and if you are big ballin some crit chance or crit multi.

Boots - Resists and life

Jewels - %life => crit multi/crit chance => melee phys

Body Armour - Life and depending on whether you have serrated fossils try to get socketed gems supported by maim.

In general I would only grab crit chance if you have a low effective crit chance. If you are above 50% you may lean towards more crit multi.

Leveling
Spoiler
I am not going to go into too much detail in this section, just mention some tips for new players wanting to level this build.
When leveling grab the life nodes and physical damage nodes first. We will grab the crit nodes later on at around lvl 60+. Level as sunder unless you can afford a Winter Burial, in which case you can start using glacial hammer. Lastly if this is your first character in the league make sure you pick up rustic sashes, blacksmith whetstones and vendor them to merchants with a mace to get maces with increased phys damage rolls (sash must be magic or rare).

Gear Improvements
-Lion's Roar
-Wise oak
-i84 elder chest to craft base crit and maim support
-Helm Enchant

Gear Alternatives
-Kaom's Roots
-Better amulet
-Better Belt
- (-)cold resist helmet (Better for mapping as legion encounters can be nasty with Abyssus)

Ascendancy
Unstoppable ==> Undeniable ==> Unbreakable ==> Unflinching
*If you decide to use Kaom's Roots, take Unrelenting instead of Unstoppable

Pantheon
Currently using Arakaali and Shakari, might switch them down the road.

Videos
Spoiler
Phoenix Kill
https://youtu.be/S5xC9vLL2D8

Minotaur Kill (with ice wall shotgun)
https://youtu.be/kkbUECONzZg

Shaper Kill (with ice wall shotgun)
https://youtu.be/W5_XFDPAuKo

Berserker vs. JUGG
Spoiler
I have now had the chance to play both berserker and jugg for a fair amount of time with glacial hammer, and both have their own pros and cons. Berserker had a way faster clear time and was able to kill guardians much faster when on full rage stacks. JUGG felt much more tanky mapping and safer during legion encounters making it easier to level. Guardians and shaper were doable on JUGG however, the dps was lacking just a little.

Changes
Spoiler
Used ice wall for bosses to add shotgunning ability (credit to abcgum09 for enlightening me with this info)

Switched out multi-strike for fortify. The main reason for this is that with some melee skills and bow skills even with 100% accuracy you can still miss (bug?). This effect seemed to be amplified with multi-strike, missing multiple times in a row.

Ice wall no longer allows us to shotgun

This is my first build guide so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by tylafferty on Dec 12, 2019, 11:52:07 AM
Last bumped on Jan 5, 2020, 9:49:33 AM
Go trickster
your guide is jugg but your char is berserker what exactely happened ?
Currently trying to get 36 challenges, berserkers clearspeed is much faster than jugg but more squishy. I would still recommend jugg for most people unless you are focusing on quick maps
Last edited by tylafferty on Jun 17, 2019, 3:01:29 PM
is it shaper /uber atziri etc viable with jugg?
They are doable but I would not use it as a boss farmer. Once I have a Shaper set I will try to post a video of it
Last edited by tylafferty on Jun 17, 2019, 4:21:07 PM
Can you write stats priority?
Sure thing!

What do you thing i can do to make my dps a bit better (using a bit diff tree + zerker)

the most "common" things i though of doing :

- a bloodrage/glacial hammer dmg helm

- a maim/crit armour with good life

- An impressence with - cold res curse

- The Pandemonius (and respec to get some inteligence on the tree)

- Abyssus but without jug i dont feel comfortable enough already geting some legion troubles

- 2 socket tombfists that i already have (but need like 6 points to get the cold converstion on the tree)

- Maybe ur ring setup but that way i will lose a tone of life gain as my tree is not based on leeching + endurance charges)

still thinking to get back some points that i invested on some resistance/armor/iron reflexes combo so i can have kaoms roots maybe i can get a bit better resists on my belt i guess and put these points on life maybe

What would be better to get? Whats your thoughts?

btw i am not very expirienced but made many reworks in my tree/gear as i was geting lvls and curency xD

This is my tree + gear/gems
https://pastebin.com/p4KBEzg0
Last edited by Dragothjim on Jun 26, 2019, 12:13:11 AM
"
Dragothjim wrote:

What do you thing i can do to make my dps a bit better (using a bit diff tree + zerker)

the most "common" things i though of doing :

- a bloodrage/glacial hammer dmg helm

- a maim/crit armour with good life

- An impressence with - cold res curse

- The Pandemonius (and respec to get some inteligence on the tree)

- Abyssus but without jug i dont feel comfortable enough already geting some legion troubles

- 2 socket tombfists that i already have (but need like 6 points to get the cold converstion on the tree)

- Maybe ur ring setup but that way i will lose a tone of life gain as my tree is not based on leeching + endurance charges)

still thinking to get back some points that i invested on some resistance/armor/iron reflexes combo so i can have kaoms roots maybe i can get a bit better resists on my belt i guess and put these points on life maybe

What would be better to get? Whats your thoughts?

btw i am not very expirienced but made many reworks in my tree/gear as i was geting lvls and curency xD

This is my tree + gear/gems
https://pastebin.com/p4KBEzg0

That is good list of things you could change

I would try to get armour based gear so that you can spec out of iron reflexes. Depending on how much physical damage reduction you can get, you might be able to unspec out of all brinkmanship, bloodless and soul of steel. You can use these points to finish the big scion life wheel and invest in more crit nodes like the blacksmith's clout wheel for maces.

Depending on the amount of armour you can get you might want to run CWDT molten shell it is extremely powerful for damage mitigation

You can buy a helm armour base with glacial hammer phys as extra cold for 10-20c and craft it using frigid and pristine fossils for a large amount of life and nearby enemies have -cold res like this one

I might post my berserker tree tomorrow although it is very similar to my jugg's tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info