[3.7] Crit. Staff Cyclone, up to 5 million+ Shaper dps, 100% Elemental Damage (Shaper Video!)

Hi All,

You can also find an 3.13 update here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009170

this is the 3.7 Version of this Post with updated Equipment and Skill Tree. The Cyclone was changed a lot in 3.7 and also the Staff nodes are rearranged.

Old post was 3.6 Version (Ascendency, Skill Gems, Equipment options etc. are still valid)

Now we have more options, more damage and nice movement (also stationary) with the new cyclone. Some skill tree nodes have moved/changed for staff/crit setup.

100 % Elemental Damage
100 % Chance to Hit
100 % Critical Strike Chance

With the Templar 'Inevitable Judgement' we ignore all Elemental Resistances on Critical Strikes so 100% Damage vs Shaper and Bosses also!

With Buffs and charges It's possible to get over 5 Million Shaper DPS. But ok I do not use Frency Charges while fighting shaper, so it might be only 4.5 Million (PoB).

But also without Buffs - only standing around on the automatic Consecrated Ground - nearly 1 Million DPS are shown in-game.

Path of Building:
Full equipped: https://pastebin.com/NCkjKfDw - Equipment & Skill Gems - Setup 1
Magic Find: https://pastebin.com/H8hpCskJ

Fully equipped, small changes to the tree and using Infuse Channeling Skill Gem for even more damage: https://pastebin.com/TEKc9iLz (6.5 Million PoB)

Full equipped, small changes to the skill tree, Infused Channeling Skill and Blood and Sand Stance added, also Onslaught support added. Also position Helmet and Staff changed see: https://pastebin.com/BPhZDbT1 - see also video Forge of the Phönix (8 Million+ PoB) - Equipment & Skill Gems - Setup 2

And here, because I collected a lot of corrupted maps with Elemental Reflection: a Physical Damage only setup https://pastebin.com/eDTuvH6d, using Hegemony's Era. You can also play T15 + T16 (Guardians) maps.

Damage Screenshot

Nice shot in a fight that shows 3 Million DPS - I can see Vessel of Vinktar is not active. Here I tried Infusion Channeling Support instead of Increased Crit Strike Support and a Diamond Flask for Lucky Crit, because without Increased Crit Strike Support there is not 100% Crit anymore. - But PoB and in-game are more Dps Shown with this combination. (see T15 Desert Springs Video for this)

Just standing around:

Equipment & Skill Gems - Setup 1

--> If you do not have enought DEX, you have to tag the +30 node on the left side
--> in the 2nd 6-link in the staff you can use whatever you want, for Shaper i.e I use Enfeeble instead of Cold Snap

Flasks:

Jewels:

--> use Gems with Attack Multiplier, Attack Speed and Increased max Life, or Resistances if you have less than 70% (Keep in mind that you nearly always have Endurance Charges from Tree Node 'Smashing Strike'

Skill Gem options:
1) you can have 37 range for leveling while using:
- Increased Area of Effect
- Pulverise

2) For more damage, you can use Infused Channeling Support and change the Sulphur Flask with a Diamond Flask (see Infused Channeling PoB Link above)

Equipment & Skill Gems - Setup 2

Instead of the Cold Snap in the boots, you can also use i.e. Purifying Flame or Enfeeble. In the helmet, you can use Faster Attack Support or Ice Bite Support also.
To use the setup in the Staff, you must have a Level 4 Enlighten Support! And you must have reduced mana in the tree (or on a jewel), that Cyclone costs are 8 or less! - Go to 'Versatility'

Flasks:

For mapping you can use also:

Jewels:

Magic find Equipment

With this Equipment you do less damage
PoB (magic find): https://pastebin.com/H8hpCskJ

--> If you have enought DEX, you can also use:

Jewels:

Abyss Jewel in the Belt:

Support Gems:
Swap Cold Snap in the Staff and Concentrated Effect in the Body Armor with Increased Rarity of Items Support.

Videos (using Magic Find Equipment)

Sustain Mana - How it works

You do not have much mana, because of the reservation from 2 Heralds and Hatred, and if you follow the setup 2 also with Blood and Sand (with Level 4 Enlighten Support).You will have 28 to 70 mana left. (See different setups in POB links)

Especially if you have very less mana, it is necessary that your cyclone do not consumes more than '7' mana each use (while channeling). But with the 5 Support Gems you will have '9'. (A) For this I choose going to 'Tireless' and 'Versatility' node! - Also you can use a Jewel that also have 4% reduced mana use for skills.
(B) Another option very strong option is to use the syndicate crafting '-6/-7/-8/-9 to mana use of skills' - with this you don't care about you mana consumption! - But here you need a Ring, that have +maximum life and a Prefix Slot available and must have also some other good stats - maybe also very expensive. - Or this option may reduce your max life by 100-200 points.

A few words to the Ascendency Points

(take from the discussion below)

I advise to go for Pious Path, because you have a lot of offensive stuff - not 7K life, not that much armor, ~20% evasion and ~40% Staff block chance.

Pious path gives you also offensive but also good immunity vs ailments on consecrated ground and Sanctuary on the way to Pious Path gives you Consecrated Ground (while stationary). Pious Path also says Effects of Consecrated Ground you Create linger for 4 seconds. So you have it nearly always. Also +15 Mana regeneration and 200 energy shield regeneration in addition.
The immunities give you the opportunity to use damage flasks also - no need for shocked or freeze immunities!

For pure damage, you should take Augury of Penitence for 2 Points and 2 for Instruments of Virtue. - I tried this also some times ago but like the setup with the Pious Path much more!

thoughts to Offense vs. Defense

- I do not use Blood Rage, because I rely on regeneration for survivability
- Low armor(10%)+12% Endurance Charges, low/mid evasion (20%), Staff block is ok (~40%)
- I do use Stone Golem also for more Regeneration. You can also use another Golem for more Damage (If you choose Infusion Skill Gem I advice Ice Golem)

Last edited by Turba on Jan 19, 2021, 3:00:40 AM
Last bumped on Dec 21, 2019, 10:52:52 AM
Just a heads up, change the 3.6 link from edit-thread to view-thread otherwise it leads to a permission denied link
Thx, link updated
- Some videos added
- Magic Find and Physical Setup added
- Some text snippets added/updated
Besides inevitable judgement, which other ascendancies do you recommend?
I advice to go for Pious Path, because you have a lot of offensive stuff - not 7K life, not that much armor, ~20% evasion and ~40% Staff block chance.

Pious path gives you also offensive but also good immunity vs ailments on consecrated ground and Sanctuary on the way to Pious Path gives you Consecrated Ground (while stationary). Pious Path also says Effects of Consecrated Ground you Create linger for 4 seconds. So you have it nearly always. Also +15 Mana regeneration and 200 energy shield regeneration in addition.
The immunities give you the opportunity to use damage flasks also - no need for shocked or freeze immunities!

For pure damage, you should take Augury of Penitence for 2 Points and 2 for Instruments of Virtue. - I tried this also some times ago but like the setup with the Pious Path much more!

Alright, thanks
Updated

- PoB Link with Infuse Channeling support and Diamond Flask instead of Critical Strike Support and Sulphur Flask (6.5 Million PoB DPS)
- some more Video
- some info to the Ascendency Classes (thx @DunkenDeezNutz)
- some thoughts to Offense / Defense
- Damage screenshots
So, not sure what PoB to use. Is it best to have Cold Snap on CWDT or Cast on CS
Also, why 2 Increased Durations with Cold Snap & CWDT?? They don't stack.
If I take Cold Snap on CWDT how will I generate Concecrated Ground like I do with Purifying Flame? More Leap Slams for the split second stationary generation??

Just an FYI, my set-up right now is Cyclone w/ Infuse CHanneling, CWDT+Stone+Holy Relic+Steelskin, CWDT+Immortal Call+Purifying FLame, AncestWarcheif+Fortify+LeapSlam+CastOCS+PowerChargeOCS+Cold Snap

Last questions on 8+mill PoB... is Onslaught really worth it?? Seems like an extremely situational support (and very chance based) versus Faster Attacks which is helpful all the time. If i do take Blood and Sand, when do I use either or??

Thanks
The 2nd increased durations was a mistake use (CWDT, Immortal Call, Increased Duration and Purifying Flame or Cold Snap (or some other gem if you like something else) - when you look in the PoB links it's correct I think.

Consecrated Ground you proc for 4 seconds when you become stationary by Ascendency Pious Path - It's only necessary to stop for a very short moment, usually while jumping with leap slam between jumping and using cyclone / running. You can use a Suphur Flask that has 'Remove Bleeding' and '20% chance to gain a Flask on Critical Strike' - for less damage. But you needn't. See Videos, Consecrated Path is nearly always on.

Do not use the Magic Find setup as Standard :) - But all the others are good and very similar - it's also easy to swap between Infused Channeling setup and the first PoB link with Increased Critical Strike. Only the Flask (Sulphur -> Diamond) and the Skill Gem has changed.

For the 8 Million Setup, 3? tree nodes have changed because i.e you need reduced mana for skill usage (max 8 mana for cyclone). And you must have an Enlighten Support Level 4 - Then with Blood and Sand, you have 28 mana left.

I Use Sand Stance while mapping for 2 more Area Effect and Blood Stance for bosses for more damage. (See Forge of the Phönix Video).

Onslaught skill gem: Yes you can also use Faster Attack support - I also do this some times, but in the end, I think it doesn't matter. You get more run speed while onslaught and do more damage. so you jump to the monster group, get onslaught use cyclone run / jump to the next group.
Last edited by Turba on Jun 25, 2019, 1:57:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info