[3.9] Manabot Guardian | Easy League Starter |15k ES | 6 Auras | Double allies' ES | Very cheap

Due to the Energy Shield nerf, I wanted to make a good aura-bot that regains the lost energy shield. In my opinion, this is the best way I could make it. I've added alternatives and recommended and budget options also.

[3.9] Mana doesn't go as high as before but STILL VIABLE!! Only one healthy mind can be used now

Why Guardian?

Guardian is a very good class for getting Energy shield due to the Radiant Faith ascendancy. This ascendancy allows us to gain free flat energy shield as well as give it to allies. With this ontop of discipline, it can give over 2k base Energy shield to other players.
Players with 10k life will get an extra 1/6th extra HP for free while players with energy shield can double their energy shield. Last league my friend had 6k and I boosted it to 13k which was more than even I had at the time.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
- Due to Time of Need, this character doesn't die easily.
- You can go afk and not die
- No sore fingers
- Helps friends AND you stay alive
- 6+ auras
- 1+ Curse
- Very cheap
- Unique heavy so no money spend min-maxing rares (only rings and jewels)
- You can deal damage from vaal molten shell and molten shell

Cons:
- Can't play alone. Sorry loners.
- Can get boring because you don't do much.
- Hard to resistance

Gear:

Required Gear:

Memory Vault. This is the BiS in my opinion. Memory Vault is insane for this build. Not only does it give up to 200 mana but it also gives 140 energy shield too AND fire resistance. We are struggling for resistances in this bulid so getting any added resistance is a must. The 200 mana also goes into friend's energy shield making them survive better also. Energy shield only helps us which mana helps everyone. This helmet is also great because it turns our reserved mana into armour. This is great and increases our survivability by reducing physical damage by over 10k.

Recommended Gear:
Ephermal Edge: This sword is used to give us lots of Energy shield. We don't do damage so we must keep with getting defense. A downside to the sword is that it decreases your life which means we get 10% less regen from Time of Need.

Prism Guardian: This shield is very good to use since it gives blood magic to us for free. This blood magic also comes with 25% reduced mana cost which is much better than the blood magic support gem. The 25% reduced mana also means that more auras can be used as the prism guardian can house 2 50% auras and a 35% aura.

Shavronne's Wrappings: This is probably pretty obvious. Shavs stop chaos bypassing the energy shield. Since we only have energy shield, this is certainly recommended. I didn't know if I should have put this into the required or not because there are other pieces too that are good too like Solaris Lorica which can be used for leveling and Esh's Visage which is a good energy shield.

Shaper's Touch: These gloves give lots of mana and % increased Energy shield with strength.

Dream Fragments: Very help ring for giving lots of cold res and immunities. Because we have fire res on our helmet and lightning res on our shav or Esh's, we don't have very much cold resistance. This ring gives lots of resistance AND LOTS of mana.

My Current Gear:

Alternative Gear:
Astramentis: The synergy between astramantis and Shaper's touch is amazing. Replacing Atziri's Foible with Astramentis means you get 58 less base mana BUT you get lots of % increased energy shield instead. I recommend using this if you die more than your friends. Astramentis also means you can level up haste and phase run fully.

Solaris Lorica: Used as a budget Shavronne's Wrappings, Solaris Lorica can also be used as an alternative because you can put more red gems in it and because Solaris gives lots of armour.

Esh's Visage: The shield is an alternative to using a shavronne's or Solaris. Esh's visage gives lots of lightning resistance, chaos resistance, energy shield and reflecting shocks. The "while not on low mana part" doesnt really matter since as soon as we get to low mana, the energy shield then starts being taken and due to Zealots Oath, the life won't regen making us stay in the state of chaos not bypassing mana. Maximum life is also good here. It allows us to regenerate more from Time of Need ascendancy.

Bated Breath: This belt is mainly used just to increase energy shield for yourself early on when levelling but can also be used as a way to get more energy shield to yourself in the late game. Unfortunately it doesn't give any mana so allies won't get any buffs from it. It is purely to give you ES.

Doedre's Damning: Used not only for it's extra curse, this ring gives a bit to everything we need: Resistance and mana. The extra curse could be used somewhere just as a buff to the allies' damage or to decrease the damage of the enemy to reduce death. I'd recommend enfeeble or elemental weakness as the curse.

Praxis: At the start of the league and the build, I am using this only to increase the mana of my build. I will switch it to a resistance ring later.

Aegis Aurora: Along with bastion of Hope, Aegis allows us to gain LOTS of ES back from all the blocking we do. Originally, I was planning on using Aegis just because of this but I realised that more auras may be better than more ES to us. Either way, good choice. I think this shield is the most likely thing you'll change in this list of alternatives.

Kirara's Determination: a flask that gives immunity to Freeze, Chill, Curses and Stuns during Flask Effect. This is a very good replacement to Dream Fragments if you have enough cold resistance with that ring.

Gems for recommended gear:

Weapon 1: Vigilant Strike - Fortify - Faster Attacks
Weapon 2: Determination - Purity of Lightning(lvl21) - Purity of Ice(lvl21)
Helmet: CWDT - Temp Chains - Blind - Temp Shield
Body Armour: Purity of Fire(lvl21) - Purity of Elements - Ice Nova - Vaal Clarity - Enlighten(lvl2)
Gloves: CWDT - Vaal Molten Shell - Increased Duration - Summon Chaos Golem
Boots: Inc Duration - Phase Run - Flame Dash - Vaal Discipline

Bandits, Ascendancy, Pantheon:

Bandits:
- Kill all
- You can pick Alira if you are really starved of resistances but it's unlikely.
- Oak's regen and phys dmg reduction can be very nice but there are better things on the tree like mana!
- Kraityn isn't too bad. The movement speed could be helpful for keeping up with allies or if you want to dodge attacks.

Ascendancy
The Labyrinth: Bastion of Hope OR Radiant faith. It depends if you want stun immunity early on or if you'd like to gain some extra ES
Cruel labyrinth: Pick the other one unless you want to be healed every 5 seconds with Time of Need
Merciless: Pick the last one
Eternal Labyrinth: Now for Unwavering Faith. i don't consider it to be as important as the rest but it gives regeneration to everyone which can be nice

Pantheon

Major God: Lunaris for phys dmg reduction and movement speed and avoiding projectiles. The other gods don't help too much
Minor God: Gruthkul for phys dmg reduction and enemies attack slower or Tukuhama for phys dmg reduction and regen life.

Yugul for Elder boss fight.

Levelling:

Act 1:

Get lots of life items. No need for damage if you have allies. You are a dead weight. Deal with it. If you want to do damage, go with elemental skills, get a wand with "+1 to level of <element> gems" and get some nodes around Holy Domination. I went with storm brand and cull just for a bit of help since it at least saves a bit of time. You can go molten shell too and let enemies explode themselves for a bit of fun.
You should start with Perandus signets just for the XP bonus. Since you don't get much XP, you need all the XP you can get. Sometimes your allies aren't close to you so you won't get any XP.
Rewards:

Purifying flame or molten shell. Doesn't really matter since you won't be attacking much.
Quicksilver and onslaught. Both for movement speed.
Frost blink for movement.
Flame dash or clarity. Depends if you want to upgrade your movement skill or give mana regen. You can buy the other one from the Nessa.
Storm brand or ice nova

Act 2

Keep doing the same thing. Equip Solaris Lorica too if you'd like. If you do go Solaris Lorica, You can now start going ES straight away so you can get the Healthy Mind Jewel and put it above Devotion and putting healthy minds in other places.
You can get Atziri's Foible too at this level or astramentis depending on what you'd like.
You can also get Bated Breath at the end of Act 2. It's a very nice addition.
Rewards:

Brand recall if you're using Storm brand. Else, nothing.
Faster casting and put on movement skill
Culling strike on your "attack" skill

Act 3

Get Ephermal edge and keep going round the Skill tree. Get the life nodes and put healthy minds on them if you have Solaris lorica.
Rewards:

Equip all the auras you or your players want. Discipline, Vitality to begin with at least.
Get Armageddon brand or keep with icenova/stormbrand

Act 4

Not much happens. Keep going round the tree and upgrading items. I'd recommend either chaos or stone golem. Stone golem for regeneration but chaos golem gives phys reduction.
Rewards:

Stone/chaos golem
Inc AoE

Act 5

Keep going around the tree and getting life or Energy Shield Items
Rewards:

Two-stone ring with the lowest res you have on them to boost them up.
Magic Quicksilver flask
Pick any jewel that your allies want. Or get one to corrupt if you think a corrupted version will sell for a lot.

Act 6

And again, keep going with tree and HP.
Rewards:
Any rare jewellery you need. Optional

Act 7

Buy Rainbowstride. And keep doing the other stuff
Rewards:

Basalt, Quartz or Granite Flask

Act 8

Keep going with the tree and picking up ES or life gear
Rewards:

Get conquerors Efficiency if you'd like more auras. Otherwise, just corrupt one you think will sell

Act 9

Rewards:
There aren't any rewards except skill points.

Act 10

Last Act and you can start equipping the level 62, 66 and 68 uniques
Rewards:
Vilenta gives a still point

Epilogue
Have all of the unqiues in place and max out resistance quickly.

PoB:

https://pastebin.com/1ejzUJq8

Second ring isn't equipped. And the flasks are only recommendations but have helpful suffixes. This is because they aren't mandatory which means you can pick whatever you'd like!

There are multiple skill trees at the bottom of the PoB. Go to "Tree", look at the bottom of your screen for "level 98", and click to see all of the other trees

To conclude:
I believe this is a very nice build. Especially since the ES and nerf. I am looking for feedback as this is my first guide!
Last edited by MattGSM on Jan 5, 2020, 7:05:19 PM
Last bumped on Jan 3, 2020, 3:21:00 PM
Last edited by MattGSM on Jun 11, 2019, 5:37:49 PM
Build very good, guide too. Even tho im not smartest, i can still play friends now!
Build looks nice, but too much spoilers, need some more text for better theme view :)
"
hensoi24 wrote:
Build looks nice, but too much spoilers, need some more text for better theme view :)

What do you mean by too much spoilers? As in Intro doesn't need to be in a spoiler?
Interesting build!
Last edited by JaikonX on Jun 13, 2019, 8:07:38 PM
One more way to socket gems in shield - discipline, determination and purity of elements. For less troubles to carry alignment resistens for 'The Wise Oak' flask.
"
JaikonX wrote:
Interesting build!

Thanks! I made this build in Synthesis to help my Energy Shield friends gain res, ES and armour because they died a lot. I didn't think of making a build guide until the ES nerf was announced

"
hensoi24 wrote:
One more way to socket gems in shield - discipline, determination and purity of elements. For less troubles to carry alignment resistens for 'The Wise Oak' flask.

That's a very nice idea! I didn't know what to put into my shield. I just wanted to use up the life and use more auras
How do you avoid stuns?
"
intre wrote:
How do you avoid stuns?

In the Guardian Ascendancy, there's Bastion of Hope which gives stun immunity to you and allies if you've blocked in the past 10 seconds. This is why some people like aegis instead of prism guardian but Bastion of Hope on its own is good enough for the block. 50% chance for 2 seconds every 5 seconds means you basically need to be attacked twice to be immune to stun. In the PoB, there's Rumi's Concoction which gives nice block chance too if you'd like to use that to increase the chance you block

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info