[3.10] Ngamahu's Flame/300% Movement Speed/8-13 Frenzy Charges/7k HP/6.75 Mil Shaper DPS/40k Evasion

Holy crap, I just realized the gems in the axe are for the skill that is on the axe itself! I thought those were like secondary gems to use on certain bosses for cyclone!

Good thing I was reading the thread, I had no idea. I am still slamming mobs right now, I feel like my gear is coming together.

I am having a ton of fun with this build and love racing around.

With the evasion chest piece where are you getting enough evasion to overcome the -25% without using your flasks?
Hi, is it possible for you to add a tree progression guide?
"
Temjiu wrote:
First off, great guide! I love how detailed you are in the relevant sections and leveling advice.

I had a question about evasion: I'm currently sitting at lvl 59, and looking at gear and PoE Builder stats, and I can't figure out for the life of me where you get all that evasion.

I have aprox 9k evasion atm. My queen is 1k less evasion then yours, but my other gear has higher evasion then the gear I see in PoE Builder. I disabled potions and frenzy charges to compare hard numbers, but even with close percentages (I have 161% from the tree, you have 171% w/o flasks or frenzy charges), your build still has 3x the evasion mine does! 21k on your build in PoE Builder.

even if I add in the evasion from 30 extra levels (90 hard evasion total) it still doesn't add up. I'm looking at the tree, and I can't see where you'd get that much extra evasion. 10% wouldn't make the difference, yet I see 21k on your build on the calcs.

I am running Hatred + Vitality btw. current have way of the poacher and rapid assault, neither of the avatars. Does the extra evade chance from avatar of the chase add to your evasion rating?

Hello Mate! thank for your kind words - I am glad you like my guide.

-Queen of the Forest should account for around 4k less total evasion for you (I am using legacy QoTF)
-The pure Level difference should account for approx. 1k less total evasion for you
-Each point of dexterity that you are missing due to not completed passive tree will account for approx. 150 evasion difference
-Lastly and most importantly this flask gives me 25.6k evasion (if better rolled it would be 27.2k evasion)

You can buy it for 15-20 chaos from PoE Trade or craft it yourself as I did:

Buy 20% or 26% Jade flask as a crafting base
1. Use transmutation orb to make it Blue/Rare
2. Use as many alteration orbs as it is needed to hit 1 of the desired mods
a. 'Alchemist' (this mod gives u 25% increased Effect of your flask, but
33% less duration of it)
b. 'of Reflexes' (this mod gives u 60-100% increased evasion rating)
obviously, we look for the highest number here.
3. Now as you have 1 single mod in place use Orb of Augmentation to hit second mod we are looking for.

Link to poe.trade filter, if you don't want to craft it:
http://poe.trade/search/amohinayonayus

Remember what is most important in this flask is the addition of flat 3000 Evasion (it's more than QoTF!)

Alternatively, you can sacrifice %Evasion roll from this flask (of Reflexes) and look for 'Remove bleed on use', 'Cannot be frozen'

Additionally, I only have 260 flat Evasion on the helmet, and 0 evasions from the gloves, meaning that you can easily get 400-600 more flat Evasion (before % calculations) from Gloves, and additional 500-700 flat Evasion (before calc.) from Helmet slot.

vs

Example:

Ignore the Increased Quantity roll and Enchants - it's what i had in my stash and we don't need it for our build :)
Last edited by Talamoe on Jun 27, 2019, 5:46:07 AM
"
sgtsitcky wrote:
Holy crap, I just realized the gems in the axe are for the skill that is on the axe itself! I thought those were like secondary gems to use on certain bosses for cyclone!

Exactly! What is more fun, is the fact that you don't need to link them :) So the only thing we care about is 6 sockets and right colors :)

"
sgtsitcky wrote:

Good thing I was reading the thread, I had no idea. I am still slamming mobs right now, I feel like my gear is coming together.

I am having a ton of fun with this build and love racing around.

Awesome man! If you stack some Evasion buy Queen of the Forst and use proper flasks you could have 200-300% Movement Speed :)

"
sgtsitcky wrote:

With the evasion chest piece where are you getting enough evasion to overcome the -25% without using your flasks?

Aprrox. 50% of my Total Evasion comes from Queen of the Forest,

and the remaining 50% from below Flask

Note that my QoTF has legacy rolls, but you will still be able to get tons of Evasion from regular QoTF! You can get the same amount of Evasion simply by having 300-400 Evasion Gloves and 700 Evasion Helmet: For example Starkonya or any other Evasion Helmet
Last edited by Talamoe on Jun 27, 2019, 6:19:09 AM
"
zeronoultra wrote:
Hi, is it possible for you to add a tree progression guide?

Sure I will add it today, after work.
Hi, first off thanks so much for the build. This has been the most fun i've had with POE so far. Regarding the chest piece, your recommendation besides the Queen of forest is the chest with maim mod. How does maim help this build in which way?

Again thanks for the build!!
"
monkiekig wrote:
Hi, first off thanks so much for the build. This has been the most fun i've had with POE so far. Regarding the chest piece, your recommendation besides the Queen of forest is the chest with maim mod. How does maim help this build in which way?

Again thanks for the build!!

Level 1 Maim will grant your cyclone a 10% Damage increase, it acts like you would have 7th skill gem in your armor.

Attacks have +1.5% Critical Chance is a huge boost to both Cyclone and Molten Burst (10% increased total DPS of Cyclone + 10% increased total DPS of Molten Burst).

+1 Level of Socketed Support gems is like 3.6% increased Total Cyclone DPS

Your dream armor would look like (stats in order of importance):

Armor type: EVASION
T1 Life (Prefix)
% Life Elder / 8% Max life + 8% Max Mana bench craft (Prefix)
+1.5% Crit Chance (Suffix)
Socketed Gems are Supported by level 1 Maim (Suffix)
+15 to Total Mana Cost of Skills (Suffix)
+1 to Level of Socketed Gems (Prefix)

However please note that by dropping Queen of the Forest you lose approx. 40-50% Movement speed and a few thousand Evasion points, so it's a matter of your preference what you pick. My personal recommendation would be to keep Queen of the Forest and invest this money to better gems 21/20, 20/20 and good Watcher's Eye + 2 x Jewels with Life% and Crit Multi 2 mods.

Last edited by Talamoe on Jun 27, 2019, 3:39:30 PM
Cheers for the response. I will have to continue looking for that chest haha.

This is what i'm using at the moment. Haven't tried out the queen of forest yet as my focus is on a better watcher eye's for now.
I'm pretty new to this,so another question. How much will 21/20 level gems increase your dps compared to 20/20 gems?

Cheers
"
monkiekig wrote:

This is what i'm using at the moment. Haven't tried out the queen of forest yet as my focus is on a better watcher eye's for now.
I'm pretty new to this,so another question. How much will 21/20 level gems increase your dps compared to 20/20 gems?

Cheers

No problem please find very rough comparison between different gem setups 21/20 means 21 Level 20% quality gem, 20/0 Means Gem level 20 without quality.

Cyclone Damage with 20/20 gems instead of 21/20 gems = 8% less cyclone dps
Cyclone Damage with 20/0 gems instead of 21/20 gems = 13% less cyclone dps

Molten Burst Damage (balls that are generated with your weapon and supported by 6 sockets from your weapon) with 20/20 gems instead of 21/20 gems = 5% less molten burst dps
With 20/0 gems instead of 21/20 gems = 12% less molten burst dps

So to sum up you will get 5-8% increased total dps if you upgrade all gems to 21/20. My recommendation would be to go for 20/20 Gems as they are substantially cheaper to buy and offer only few % less dps. This way you can spend remaining currency on Watcher's Eye with nice Anger mods or better rings etc.

Btw. your armor looks good :)
Last edited by Talamoe on Jun 27, 2019, 5:11:43 PM
"
Talamoe wrote:
"
monkiekig wrote:

Cheers

No problem please find very rough comparison between different gem setups 21/20 means 21 Level 20% quality gem, 20/0 Means Gem level 20 without quality.

Cyclone Damage with 20/20 gems instead of 21/20 gems = 8% less cyclone dps
Cyclone Damage with 20/0 gems instead of 21/20 gems = 13% less cyclone dps

Molten Burst Damage (balls that are generated with your weapon and supported by 6 sockets from your weapon) with 20/20 gems instead of 21/20 gems = 5% less molten burst dps
With 20/0 gems instead of 21/20 gems = 12% less molten burst dps

So to sum up you will get 5-8% increased total dps if you upgrade all gems to 21/20. My recommendation would be to go for 20/20 Gems as they are substantially cheaper to buy and offer only few % less dps. This way you can spend remaining currency on Watcher's Eye with nice Anger mods or better rings etc.

Btw. your armor looks good :)

Exactly the answer i was looking for. Thanks!
I will try to upgrade all my attacking gems to 20/20 for now. Another question: one of the guys was able to run 5 auras with a similar chest to mine(mana reduced), which auras do you think work best for this build?

Thanks man. I'm dumping my Glad->slayer and going all out for this toon hahah.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info