[3.14 viable]fire crit AoF Elemental Hit Ranger (All class)

Still need a donor ring for elemental weakness. Haven't test it on POB for how much dps buff for dual curse, but probably an expensive craft (and need to anoint +1 additional curse or using Windshriek)

And for bow, it seem 5 offcolor setup would be better: Combustion, Elemental Damage with Attack, Elemental Focus, Fire Pen and Empower. Just expensive to get 5 offcolor or just 3 white sockets (and I am broke, not yet craft another brand new bow in current, non-legacy mod value to test)

But yet the 3.9 nerf put a huge cliff on bosses. With gear and 21/20 gem (or awakened variant) all the Elderslayers, Mastermind in Awakening Level 7 (currently 31/32 Watchstones), they are easy (may need more chaos res or evasion flask for Hunter) but nerfed quite hard to handle Shaper and Sirus

This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Jan 20, 2020, 4:12:55 AM
It's fun to use Awakened Chain with Deadeye on a similar build like this, but it is truly horrible at bossing.

The only true end game viable way to play fire Elemental Hit is through using mines unfortunately.
...................................................₪₪╔═════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ IGN: DEMENTAL ▀▄▀
...................................................₪₪╚═════════════╝₪₪
"
Demental wrote:
It's fun to use Awakened Chain with Deadeye on a similar build like this, but it is truly horrible at bossing.

The only true end game viable way to play fire Elemental Hit is through using mines unfortunately.

I farmed 50 or more uber elder in 3.8, it is not deathless as i failed to learn the best way to handle the expanding death circle as well as lack of physical migration that sometimes one shot you before steelskin on

In 3.9 even with nerf, if you still get +3 bow on Shaper double damage mod, most boss still easy to beat. Most boss have connected boss room so you carry vaal charge to the arena. I would say all 4 Elderslayer are joke. Hunter is harder just because of the snakes not the boss himself.

However, the real cliff would be GGG triple (or quad?) the health of Shaper, no add in Sirus fight and the silly environmental hazard , which this build before nerf (-20% from raw damage from gem level, another -20% from point blank, yet another dps loss due to monster resistance buff) the only "hard" boss would be deep delve boss that take less damage from crit (and i did not have a spare character to re-spec to non-crit EO variant), which i doubt other bow builds can dps down the bosses or not (except dex stacking)

May be someday i would buy a Cat chest unique armor to test the build to dps down A8 Sirus but then the budget of the whole build may raise to 50ex or not (descent Shaper bow, +8 helmet, etc)
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

"
neohongkong wrote:

I farmed 50 or more uber elder in 3.8, it is not deathless as i failed to learn the best way to handle the expanding death circle as well as lack of physical migration that sometimes one shot you before steelskin on

In 3.9 even with nerf, if you still get +3 bow on Shaper double damage mod, most boss still easy to beat. Most boss have connected boss room so you carry vaal charge to the arena. I would say all 4 Elderslayer are joke. Hunter is harder just because of the snakes not the boss himself.

However, the real cliff would be GGG triple (or quad?) the health of Shaper, no add in Sirus fight and the silly environmental hazard , which this build before nerf (-20% from raw damage from gem level, another -20% from point blank, yet another dps loss due to monster resistance buff) the only "hard" boss would be deep delve boss that take less damage from crit (and i did not have a spare character to re-spec to non-crit EO variant), which i doubt other bow builds can dps down the bosses or not (except dex stacking)

May be someday i would buy a Cat chest unique armor to test the build to dps down A8 Sirus but then the budget of the whole build may raise to 50ex or not (descent Shaper bow, +8 helmet, etc)

I'm not saying it isn't doable, but it really is playing with a handicap. I've got this bow and did an Elemental Hit Deadeye with it. I could do all content in the game, but end game bosses still took ~5 minutes. I played a Saboteur Ele Hit Mines build recently and it was killing non-phased bosses in under a second. The reason for that is you can focus on a bow with level scaling/damage pen and not have to worry about double damage mods or attack speed, because High-impact Mines give you a ton of double damage and mines in general don't need attack speed.

I do have to say that map clearing is much more enjoyable on a Deadeye with +4 chains and Barrage Support. But bosses are such a pain in the ass...
Yeah it may be more safe to use mine (or trap?) and ranged totem variant of EH for boss (or yet other skill for this "bow league")

For the current status as Deadeye, probably chop more hp from tree (i made it to 6k or 180?% from tree) and get more room for movement speed. These changes may be better positioning of the build as all content build (KB still the faster clear to me , but single target still bad; never used TS for me). It can't do the real end-game T17 boss (at least under my current no shaper item gear), but more than enough for normal T16 (just reroll more on Shaper Guardian Map, they just dps sponge but not harder in 3.9) and the 4 lesser Elderslayers. Probably QOTF or using Yriel's Fostering (Rhoa).

For league-condition, Awakener's Orb still worth 2ex only , so probably non-crit EO version and using +2 amulet may also have higher dps, but i am broke and haven't craft one or bought one to test it yet

"
Yeah it may be more safe to use mine (or trap?) and ranged totem variant of EH for boss (or yet other skill for this "bow league")

I haven't used trap, but I do know that Saboteur and Elemental Hit sync really well. The Explosives Expert passive with Summon Skitterbots adds so much damage to Elemental Hit for bosses. It's pretty nuts. And the Born In The Shadows passive allows you to use The Effigon for 100% hit chance, so it's better to build as ES and travel to Avatar of Fire.

They really need to give self-attacking and self-casting builds a buff. It would be nice to have a skill that lets you 'vault' or 'dash' and attack while namelocking monsters with your primary skill. So you click on the monster with your DPS skill and hold it, then use a key to vault in whatever direction your cursor is at while still continuing your attack/cast. They could balance this by giving less attack/cast speed during the vault.

It'd add a huge advantage to self-attack builds for bossing.
Skitterbots itself is a design failure. Everyone is using it to chill and shock monster for more dps (it depends on setup BTW). But yes if using it with mine build that is really OP.

They nerfed point blank, yes kiting the boss is a viable option for ranged attack and spell, but player did not have name locking. At the same time monster can offscreen you, which the player don't have anything to counter it.

For the Elderslayer Drox he really a joke that only his "hand of justice" is deadly but it also have sound clue, so that you just kite him to the corner of the cross-shaped arena (so that you won't hit by horizontal flying hand) and dps down. I don't see any point of nerfing point blank when quite a lot of boss melee attack are joke but at the same time kiting the boss with a distance have way less dps due to difficult to aim the boss, which leaving mine's AOE damage a better way to ditch the aiming process

Spoiler

"
DAINCEPUTNOU wrote:
Spoiler

Have you tried Sirus in this patch? I recently tried with A0 (don't remember i used Deadeye or Pathfinder) and i still failed, 1 from meteor, 1 from naughty Storm, 1 from crash and 3 other deaths

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/etzmc4/crafting_classroom_101_forcing_delve_mods_on_low/

potentially cheap but complex way to craft +3(+5) bow

More likely to abuse Leo slam / add prefix remove suffix as well as ilvl

I test with caster and here is the RNG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info