[3.14 viable]fire crit AoF Elemental Hit Ranger (All class)

Was following your step on crafting a nice bow when i landed on

t1 attack speed
t1 crit
+2 bows

no chance id pass on that so i guess this will have to do instead of +2 support multimod :)

After fully gearing it out, i have to say the damage feels pretty low in t14+ boss/metamorphs and survivability is questionable. I plan to find a +6 frostferno eventually and throw my single target in there. As for survivability, any tips?
Movement speed + reduced cooldown to smooth movement skill aka not blink arrow (i use flamedash). Realise that you will be one shot with both around 6k life and 3.5k life and respec into damage. Chaos res on gear + pantheon + flask if you can stomach it ^^. Sacrifice a baby for stable and fast internet. Don't let your concentration lapse by going zombie mode irl and chain running a bajillion maps. Do not go into any boss fight blind, you have youtube. Or die and feel shame. Like me. :D
Also - arrow dancing node. Do not get vaal pact, get the golem blood node. Consider the replenish life potion pantheon for bossing. Dodge and spell dodge especially, get them reliably high potion or vaal grace are not enough. Break through the damage lust and consider raider or pathfinder or even non ranger class. Be aware of stunning and lowish life. Stick all your auras and heralds on a 6 link with enlightenment to make room for arctic armor. Be smart with decoy totem and pantheon to resist chains. Can't think of anything else.
"
BlRTH wrote:

t1 attack speed
t1 crit
+2 bows

no chance id pass on that so i guess this will have to do instead of +2 support multimod :)

After fully gearing it out, i have to say the damage feels pretty low in t14+ boss/metamorphs and survivability is questionable. I plan to find a +6 frostferno eventually and throw my single target in there. As for survivability, any tips?

Basically this league the build had nerfed to the ground. It still do damage with mastermind mod on shaper base (i.e. with double damage), or +8 helmet (i only have +6 BTW in perma standard) but nothing rest can do. May be collecting Awakened Gem would increase the dps but yet they are in crazy price.

For survivability, i guess spec out Point Blank, use the node Longshot. I saw people use chain, so may be using long distance to fight bosses would help. I usually use Koam Heart and stay with 6k life. Also i used sand stance from Flesh and Stone skill, but may be i would now rather try to switch to Pathfinder and use lower dps but non-close combat type of fight style.

In specific for league content. They are train wreak. For end-game boss, i have no idea to fight him.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
neohongkong wrote:
"
BlRTH wrote:

t1 attack speed
t1 crit
+2 bows

Basically this league the build had nerfed to the ground. It still do damage with mastermind mod on shaper base (i.e. with double damage), or +8 helmet (i only have +6 BTW in perma standard) but nothing rest can do. May be collecting Awakened Gem would increase the dps but yet they are in crazy price.

For survivability, i guess spec out Point Blank, use the node Longshot. I saw people use chain, so may be using long distance to fight bosses would help. I usually use Koam Heart and stay with 6k life. Also i used sand stance from Flesh and Stone skill, but may be i would now rather try to switch to Pathfinder and use lower dps but non-close combat type of fight style.

In specific for league content. They are train wreak. For end-game boss, i have no idea to fight him.

thanks for the tips, ill continue filling out atlas with it, still a very good build, and make money for the frostferno corruption/awakened gems and see how far i can push this build.
"
teodar1987 wrote:
Also - arrow dancing node. Do not get vaal pact, get the golem blood node. Consider the replenish life potion pantheon for bossing. Dodge and spell dodge especially, get them reliably high potion or vaal grace are not enough. Break through the damage lust and consider raider or pathfinder or even non ranger class. Be aware of stunning and lowish life. Stick all your auras and heralds on a 6 link with enlightenment to make room for arctic armor. Be smart with decoy totem and pantheon to resist chains. Can't think of anything else.

all very nice ideas too, thanks!
"
teodar1987 wrote:

golem's blood is pretty useless for just 1.6% life regen. Vaal Pact almost a must as Total Recovery from life leech is every build bottle neck.

Taking minor god may help but in this build with 6k life, you are more care of one shot than life. I use a life flask myself but everything can be leeched back. GGG just smashed every build they don't like and leaving some OP build that cost less, and create dps sponge for "balance". Or just admit it is forced meta shift and ele hit is not on their agenda on bow build rotation.

----
edit:

And for "arrow dancing". You never want it when you use Point Blank node. It is suicidal when you have more dps when stick with the boss to do damage but less evasive to melee attack. Yes, from this league you may need a tactic of kiting the unique monster and may be not taking Point Blank, but i don't see any need to take "arrow dancing" node. BTW many boss animation can be manually dodged by high movement speed, just 180 degree turn to the boss back and watch the attack animation play. It just seem new atlas forced you to play with Awakened level 1 , get a set of insane gear and then try to do higher level, making the atlas became a controllable power climb device
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

Last edited by neohongkong on Dec 23, 2019, 9:16:32 PM

(possible annul for life/ms multimod)

Do you think running a pair of boots like this would justify switching to pathfinder? How much do you value tailwind double effect and chain passives? I'm not sure if theres a noticable difference for map clear.

I would like to clear some bosses with this build so i'm looking for ways to push my single target dps up. I have bottled faith so path finder flask effect boost and longer flask sustain are seeming like good options.
Last edited by cookiely on Dec 28, 2019, 11:35:44 PM
Is there a highlighter for important items?
Ok nvm i'm using the NeverSink filter.
Last edited by BlizzartHD on Dec 29, 2019, 1:27:00 PM
"
cookiely wrote:

(possible annul for life/ms multimod)

Do you think running a pair of boots like this would justify switching to pathfinder? How much do you value tailwind double effect and chain passives? I'm not sure if theres a noticable difference for map clear.

I would like to clear some bosses with this build so i'm looking for ways to push my single target dps up. I have bottled faith so path finder flask effect boost and longer flask sustain are seeming like good options.

Deadeye still very strong on topping up the accuracy and hence the 100% hit chance .

as of 3.9, there is only a handful of boss that you would have flask problem, and Pathfinder dps still awful despite in prolonged fight it may have some benefit of keep kiting and waiting the flask charge.

I am still experimental on whatever Deadeye or Pathfinder, but with your shoes it may worth to have a try

----
edit: fixed a typo

Last edited by neohongkong on Dec 31, 2019, 12:04:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info