Next Level Marauder - Ele Wander Top Tier DPS

Updated - 30/03/13 : New Gear and more DPS in Numbers section. Also a hardcore build!

Hi guys this is Titanlord (IGN : BlulkMagic),
I have been theorycrafting this build from the day patch notes for Open Beta came to surface.
Its been nearly a month now. After 30 orbs of regret and a lot of work i can finally say i created a very powerful build.

The sole purpose of this build is to beat the overused wand templar. This build is designed to be played in a party but it can still outdps the 'wander' solo. If you are the type of guy that enjoys the shaky screen effect, well, you are in for a treat!

Core Items:
and the Bloodmagic Keystone

The idea is to have high crit chance so you can stack crits and then you become a powerhouse.
You can do this easy with:
Frenzy+ Faster Attacks + Critical Chance + Weapon Elemental Damage (GGBR)

Its very easy to find a 4linked item and i am sure you can find all the gems needed in affordable prices.

You AoE skill is:
Elemental Hit + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Weapon Elemental Damage + Chain (GGGR)

Again, an armor/evasion piece of gear is very common with this 4linked colours.
I know those gems are expensive to come by but i wont take any complaints from a class that takes Sixreduced mana gems from quests. You can sell your spell totems and life leech handsomely as well!

What makes this build so powerful is because Elemental Hit Procs Seperately meaning it is not affected by projectile damage. It deals the estimated amount of damage on hit. Weapon Elemental Damage support can boost this damage up to 80%. Templar Catalyse cluster boosts this another 50% and so on.

The build:

Bandit Rewards:
Normal- Help Oak (40 hp)
Cruel - Help Kraytin (6% attack speed) Or skill point. Attack speed is prefered.
Merciless- Help Alira (+1 power charge)

My New Gear
Spoiler

All the Upgrades came to a total of 5.5 exalted. That's still very cheap for an endgame build.

My Old Gear(i had this one when i made this guide)- Prepare to laugh:
Spoiler

I wanted to make this guide with average gear to prove this is not a gear dependant build.
I will provide video of me clearing 69+ maps with this gear withing the week.
All you need is some crit to get the engine started and this can be found in rings,amulet and weapon. The rest is life, max resists and accuracy. Use some flat elemental nodes if possible.

Defensive SKills (pick what you prefer) :
Spoiler

-Raise Zombie. You have high Int to max raise zombie and they provide a good meatshield without any support gems needed. Zombies can reach 7000 life.
-Bear Trap. This is good for group bossfights. Bear trap is the highest damaging skill in the game and it provides a good dps boost for the "immune to curses" bosses
- Summon Skeleton Spell Totem Combo. Put Summon Skeleton Gem on a Spell Totem and let it provide multiple targets for mobs to attack, this skill can save you from the flicker mobs.
- Decoy Totem. When mobs stop attacking you because a piece of wood is taunting them, well, thats gold. Especially when that piece of wood has 10000 life. Faster Cast support here.
- Enduring Cry. If you decide to play Enduring Cry i suggest pick up the +1 Endurance Charge near the duelist for this build. Take a 3linked item (RRB) and put 2 Enduring Cry in it with a Faster Casting support. The skills dont share a cooldown and you can instantly get 4 Endurance Charges this way.

Early Game (please read this):
Spoiler

You can be effective with almost anything until level 25 (i suggest use poison arrow with a +1 to bow gems bow). Later work your way towards templar and go Lighning Strike. You can stay with poison arrow/ fire trap / bear trap until merciless (you will need a dexterity quiver).

This is the build to use until mid 60:

Important: Later unspeck Unwavering Stance and respeck accordingly to connect to the center of the tree from the Inner Force node (downwards)

Late Late Game (Epic Gear Time):
Spoiler

Path of exile is a game of infinity and at the current state of my gear i know i can triple my dps with the right gear.
Spoiler

Rings:
30% Elemental Damage
Flat elemental Damage
Life
Accuracy
Attack Speed
(any combination of the above nodes,get greedy is your resists are capped!)

Amulet:
30% Elemental Damage
Flat elemental Damage
Life
Accuracy
Crit
Crit Multiplier

Gloves:
Flat elemental Damage
Attack speed
Life
Accuracy

Helm:
Accuracy
Life

The ultimate challenge for this build is Voll's itself!

As you can see you need a very specific gem color on your Voll's for late late game.
My plan is to make this a 5linked to add critical multiplier to the rest of the links.
Do not think this is easy. It takes nearly 200 chromatics to get the socket color you need.
Update: i just bought a 5l voll's for 2.8ex and it took me 57 chromatics this time. I guess its not so hard after all.

Solo Play and Secondary Gems (the magic X button):
Spoiler

You will need a 3socket item for your secondary (GGR)
You need to level Faster Attacks, another Elemental Hit and Life On Hit gems
There is a situation you need need those the most.
Elemental Hit. For solo play elemental hit is superior to frenzy. If you get it with quality it goes up to +80% critical chance at 20 quality. Update: With 12k dps on frenzy everything melts so why bother swapping.

Faster Attacks. Many maps have narrow corridors where 3 or 4 attacks of the Greater Multiple Projectiles Just hit the wall. Swap your GMP with a faster attacks.

Life on Hit. Maps with elemental reflect and 50% regen give a good quanity bonus to the map and its a shame to reroll those. Swap your Weapon Elemental Damage (the one on AoE) with Life on Hit. You can sustain reflect and 50% regen just fine with your single attack.

Additionally, I suggest having an Elemental Weakness and a Lightning Warp attached to a Faster Cast support.

UPDATED Numbers (Choo Choo The Faceroll Train):
Spoiler

I start with a 29.9% chance to crit (32,5% on my 13q elemental hit) and goes up to 61.1% for frenzy and 55.8% for AoE elemental hit.
I can supply an entire party with max frenzy and power charges under 1 second. Usually it takes 2-3 seconds due to low accuracy.
Dps on frenzy currently is at 11625. You cant see the dps on elemental hit because it procs separately. (The damage on frenzy was 5600 at time i made this build with the old gear)

Hardcore build:
Spoiler

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEswVbDH0QfxRNGS4aOBpsJ-0pTyynRtdPfVBQVElVxlhjWfNaK13GXz9gbWZPZp5nvXB9gFaBSYKbgziLjIzPj0aQVZuhnYCdrqIAo_KnCKeEqZWsqrI4tQS4k7ndwBrGnsbYz2XQ0NSP2t3d8-Fz5CLnUuw47SDub-8O8i_z3fZI

I've seen many of you guys wanted to try this on hardcore and because i'd hate to kill anyone trying this build i went on the week race and made a new marauder myself and leveled him up to 55 just to make sure this build is safe enough. It doesn't get any safer trust me :P

This is your typical spork build and it can carry you anywhere solo! I killed cruel piety at level 51 solo and everything before that. It provides 55% all resist and uses 18 respeck points total (that's how much you get from quests) for when you want to make the transition to this build. Use only clarity as aura and keep leveling it. You can continue into late game with this build and farm normally until you are ready for the transition (with gear,gems and points)

I hope this helps you guys, cheers!

Thank you very much for reading this please ask away any questions. I'm sorry if you find any typos in the text, English is not my first language. Also if you see something that needs further explanation please let me know, this is my first guide.

P.S. Sorry for the delay on that video i promised guys. The card has arrived in the courier office but banks have been closed for two weeks and i couldn't pay for it. (Yeah my country, Cyprus, is having financial troubles lately). I got my card today so i'll make that video within the next few days. Cheers,
IGN: Blulkmagic
New Race Idea : First one to kill piety wins.
Last edited by Titanlord on Mar 29, 2013, 9:46:37 PM
Interesting build that should have ridiculous damage potential if you're correct about Elemental Hit's mechanics, but I was not aware it functioned that way (i.e. not affected by projectile damage). Do you have a source? Also, I believe Chain reads "less damage" and not "less projectile damage," so it seems like that would scale Ele Hit regardless.

As you can see in the sockets chain has 50% less damage but also leveling provides up to 38% damage as well.
I'm talking about Greater Multiple Projectiles though.
The damage is in fact, insane. I could count nearly 20k damage (40k dps) per attack on aoe.
On a full party i crit for 10k for 3 attacks per second. Thats with my poor gear.

I will provide videos within this week i ordered a new graphics card. Expect this to be updated in the next 7 days.

Thank you for the response jkr i was starting to feel this build is not getting the attention it deserves.
Interesting, I was going to try out a wand templar but this seems to be less gear dependent. I will try it out hopefully it turns out well :p
Im going to try this in HC. When do you usaully make the transition to wands?
Just so you know I do have that armor.

and 50% mana reduction is huge :P

BTW if you get blood magic, your life will be reduced by 50% :P GG

More or less this armor is useless, unless you can come up with a build that works around it

Also you lose alot of status
Life 100+/Armor 1500-2000/ES

End game armors Have

Plus 30 Resistance to all elements, Armors can have, even chaos.

Just to gain power charges, dose not seem productive :P
Last edited by Killia on Mar 22, 2013, 6:24:24 PM
"
BTW if you get blood magic, your life will be reduced by 50% :P GG

No it dosent :)
"
lisztorrian wrote:
Im going to try this in HC. When do you usaully make the transition to wands?

This is the early stages of the build where you are a very powerful LA marauder (skip resolute technique if you want to play Rain of arrows) The only downside of leveling this way is that you have to use a +dex quiver(light quiver base name).

Alternatively you can go Lightning Strike / Leap Slam just as effectively but ranged is safer and faster (albeit more gear dependent).

Just before you speck into wands your build looks like this

So more or less you are 65 level when the transition to wands occurs. Unspeck resolute techinique and iron grip to get 4 points and link the tree from inner force towards the center. It takes 4 points for that. Then unspek 4 strength points to get the extra power charge near the witch. Make sure you make the transition after you have just leveled to pick the power charge near templar. So, the tree of 82 points looks very different from the tree of 83 points.

Looks interesting! Will be waiting for the vid.

Would a quality additional accuracy be a good choice since it adds both chance to crit and accuracy?
lolwhat?!
40k dps aoe ?
instant death on reflect packs?
great...
-_-
Interfice Errorem Diligere Errantem

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info