Kripps New Build Cyclone/Marauder

"
YOHANNBEAR wrote:
Is it just me or this build lack DPS? I had a free respec on a lvl 72 Mara and ran the passive closely as possible.Since I was missing

My passives:

Spoiler
http://www.exilepro.com/build-summary?build=AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0UIBRNGS4aOBpVG_odFCXfJ-0pTzKJNug26TpSPAVG10d-UEdQUFPfVElVxlcNV-JYY1jbWfNfP2BLYSFko2VNZp5nvW5pcql07Xfleu982YKbgziE2YTvi4yMz49GkFWbg5uhns2f36C0ogCkGacwp4Ssqqyvud2-p8APwBrG2M9l0NDSIdJN1I_ZYd-_4XPjaudS7DjtIO5v7w7vfPAf8i_z3fZI-tL7qg%253d%253d

Gear:
Spoiler

Currently I have about 685DPS after wrath/anger buff. The problem is I must make multiple pass at white mobs on the docks to kill them which makes it incredibly slow to level when compare to my LA ranger. Another problem I face is the dogs on the docks owns cyclone. You will spin at them while they flame thrower you after you pass thru your still getting hit with the flame thrower. With the recent changes in LOH it feels like only way to get any survivability out of this build is to run vaal pact and stack LL.

Anyone else try this out and wanna throw in their two cents?

well, honestly you need to choose to go melee damage or elemental damage. That is probably the biggest problem you have is you seem to be built for both and that does not work. You need to choose a focus, elemental or physical. If you go elemental you really need a different neck as well. You also do not do enough damage or have enough attack speed with that build to really made use of the shocking blows as well. You need to level up your wrath gem badly and get some more lightning damage. The other thing is I think his build relies on elemental proliferation as well. The other thing is your weapon is terrible for a cyclone build, you have hardly any attack speed at all so your life gain on hit would not do much as well. You might want to try to get at least get 20% movement on your boots as that will help with getting killed from the lockdown.

I honestly think that krips build is not that good of a cyclone build and that a physical damage build would be more effective, that is the route I am working on right now. I am going for a dual wield high attack speed build.
Last edited by Maethorr on Mar 13, 2013, 8:44:35 PM
"
... Kripp's build is going to utilize Static Blows ...

All 3 of his major open beta builds so far have.

I'm actually almost disappointed in that shock stacking is so freaking good. It feels almost mandatory to take it if your build comes anywhere near that passive. =/
1. oh a new build idea
2. can it get static blows?
3. ???
4. profit
Could a 2H Sword Cyclone build work?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPd2WFXDdIhns2nMPe-FCBQRwHnNug6Ut-_hmBWBGFSn8tgiFWpl7Ssuii1704yCUCgBS1gS3rvdO0hYHTxnrnUUgbul3BjFxjbQ5wOrSmlW6_dDfzFZ6CHdkp9OrM1hp2quc2QCqyqcql82VnzwBqQVaeEGjjsODrYTdiePIFvjHYEsxRNogCpaAJxLdKRzsEH1340NfAf

It's based in physical damage, with a +400 damage 2H sword

Talking about merciless docks and low lvl maps
Last edited by Strychnine on Mar 13, 2013, 12:13:19 PM
Can someone give a detailed description of how shock builds work and why they are so powerful? I do not fully understand shock, but would like to.
Yeah, I have noticed most of his builds have Static Blows. Almost mandatory it seems. But Kripps builds generally rock so why complain about it.
From the wiki:

Shock causes affected targets to take increased damage. This can be stacked up to three times on one target. In this state, monsters or players take 40% more damage per instance of Shock from all sources. Under the effects of 3 stacks of Shock, an enemy would take an additional 120% of the damage that would normally take without any Shock effects, no matter the type or source of the damage.
Kripp's builds are good, but don't forget, he has access to the best gear available. Whether it's his wander, or his pulser or this, you can be damn sure you won't have anything even approaching the gear or currency he enjoys. That's the biggest problem with his builds, they just assume you have the best stuff. He never makes "budget" builds, because he's never been without top-notch gear.
"
Maethorr wrote:
"
YOHANNBEAR wrote:
Is it just me or this build lack DPS? I had a free respec on a lvl 72 Mara and ran the passive closely as possible.Since I was missing

My passives:

Spoiler
http://www.exilepro.com/build-summary?build=AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0UIBRNGS4aOBpVG_odFCXfJ-0pTzKJNug26TpSPAVG10d-UEdQUFPfVElVxlcNV-JYY1jbWfNfP2BLYSFko2VNZp5nvW5pcql07Xfleu982YKbgziE2YTvi4yMz49GkFWbg5uhns2f36C0ogCkGacwp4Ssqqyvud2-p8APwBrG2M9l0NDSIdJN1I_ZYd-_4XPjaudS7DjtIO5v7w7vfPAf8i_z3fZI-tL7qg%253d%253d

Gear:
Spoiler

Currently I have about 685DPS after wrath/anger buff. The problem is I must make multiple pass at white mobs on the docks to kill them which makes it incredibly slow to level when compare to my LA ranger. Another problem I face is the dogs on the docks owns cyclone. You will spin at them while they flame thrower you after you pass thru your still getting hit with the flame thrower. With the recent changes in LOH it feels like only way to get any survivability out of this build is to run vaal pact and stack LL.

Anyone else try this out and wanna throw in their two cents?

well, honestly you need to choose to go melee damage or elemental damage. That is probably the biggest problem you have is you seem to be built for both and that does not work. You need to choose a focus, elemental or physical. If you go elemental you really need a different neck as well. You also do not do enough damage or have enough attack speed with that build to really made use of the shocking blows as well. You need to level up your wrath gem badly and get some more lightning damage. The other thing is your weapon is terrible for a cyclone build, you have hardly any attack speed at all so your life gain on hit would not do much as well. You might want to try to get at least get 20% movement on your boots as that will help with getting killed from the lockdown.

I honestly think that krips build is not that good of a cyclone build and that a physical damage build would be more effective, that is the route I am working on right now. I am going for a dual wield high attack speed build.

Physical reflect will kill you in HC.

If I were to do a cyclone build it will use tempest shield and molten shell.
Physical reflect actually is actually not any more dangerous than elemental reflect they hurt each build about the same. The main thing is having enough life gain on hit/leech and armor to counter act it hence the high attack speed to take advantage of life gain on hit. I will still run the fire damage support and anger as well for extra damage, but the focus is on attack speed with my build. I still have not reached the end game with the character yet, but it looks like it would work from playing around with other physical characters.
Last edited by Maethorr on Mar 13, 2013, 8:37:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info