Constant Random Crashes since 3.7

At the time of posting my crash count is at 23.

As soon as 3.7 started, I started to experience client crashes. I have done all the minor updates after the patch with zero luck. I changed the client to run fullscreen instead of windowed fullscreen, changed the resolution, removed custom settings inside of Nvidia control panel, did maintenance on windows, done several reboots, tried both the x64 and x86 versions and still I crash randomly. I even turned off the loot filter and removed my 2nd video card as last resort with zero luck. Before 3.7 my client would be open for days at a time and would never crash. It would be 2-3 weeks at times before a reboot and the client was just about always open.

System specs:
AMD FX8350 (3.5ghz, not overclocked)
16GB DDR3 1800MHz ram
Nvidia PNY 650 TI 1GB(POE is set to run on this card)
Nvidia PNY 730 GT 2GB(dedicated PhysX)
Win 10 Pro 64 on SSD
POE client on D drive, also SSD

At normal settings I am getting around 75-80 FPS after I changed everything when it started crashing I'm getting 130 FPS avg with peaks in the 170's. It only happens when I am moving or attacking. If I am standing still, even with activity going on around me (i.e. in town) it won't crash. I have left it afk for hours in town, I can run for 2-3 minutes or for a couple of hours then it crashes. When it crashes I come back and the map I was on is covered up again, my TP's are also gone. I have to run from the last WP I find. If I go to an area that's still open but I wasn't on that map will still be revealed. It is only the map I am on when it crashes that it goes back to being covered. The only other option available is to do a reinstall of the game client which isn't even remotely possible this month, we have data and bandwidth caps (the price we pay for living in the country on 4 acres).
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2019, 11:28:01 PM
Im having this exact same issue right now and I've got to say it is enraging.
same here
Crashing to desktop no error message every hour or so just randomly doesn't seem to be anything causing it crashed 15+ times since starting the league even after the minipatch
Yea, I'm having same problems here. I use a melee char with Ground slam. The moment I start spamming ground slam on Legion enemies, I'll usually crash to my desktop. SUPER frustrating when it take 20 mins to load back in (first being told Invalid Instance, then unexpected errors, then being sent back to town). I've spent more time loading than playing in this league, I swear.
We also had this problem. We play as a group of three, two from Frankfurt Server, one from London Server. We all get random crashes where the game stops (like too much grapic things going on), stutters and finally crashes. The ones from Frankfurt servers almost crash simultaniously. It's very annoying.
I too am having the same issue, will just be attacking random packs of mobs and will crash. Happening about every 10 minutes. I cant proceed any further in Act 6 due to all these bullshit crashes.
Been having the same issue and now i cant even log into the act 2 town cause of disconnects. most of the time, the random in game crash comes from activating too many monolith mobs
Update:

I seem to have fixed my issue, here are the steps I took from the time of my last post.

Went in town and downloaded the torrent file onto a flash drive. I used iobit uninstaller to uninstall POE. I then deleted the files in the documents folder (user>documents>my games>path of exile). I then reinstalled the program and I still was having crashes.

The next time I used iobit to uninstall, then I used advanced system care to clean the registry (I am sure any registry cleaner would work, I just happen to use iobit). I then rebooted the computer (did not do this the first time, this is a must). Then I did a reinstall of poe and this time its been going 2 hours with zero crash and zero studders.

So those who are having problems uninstall POE. Use a program that removes the leftovers like iobit uninstaller or manually remove the left overs. Then remove the folder from your documents folder. Then run a registry cleaner any should do. Then reboot, do not skip this step, this is a requirement! Now finally you can install POE and it should work. Don't forget to change your video settings and add your loot filter back. This process will reset all of that information to default. FYI You will need to re-enter your account name and password, so make sure you have it.

I really hope this helps anyone else having problems. If this works for you let me know, I would be happy to hear the solution worked for you. Best of luck in getting POE to work for you.

Steps:
1) Uninstall
2) Remove any leftovers (game installation directory)
3) Remove folder from my documents (my games > path of exile)
4) Run registry cleaner
5) REBOOT!
6) Install POE
7) Change video settings & setup loot filter
8) Enjoy!
Last edited by dmathenyohio on Jun 10, 2019, 4:13:24 PM
mine are not random, i disconnect every time i try to change zones , even zoning in to hideout ...

RIP this game

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Des_GGG on Jun 18, 2019, 10:56:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info