The Frontier Mystery Box

I can't even say how many times I've saddled my horse next to a saloon in Wraeclast and thought... why no cowboys and indians?

I mean... seriously?

And furthermore, if you designers are that uninspired might I suggest a baseball themed MTX or maybe football? It'd fit in to the game just as well as cowboys and indians I'm sure.
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Jun 8, 2019, 9:38:12 PM
So what if i want last boxe's items??? Why not but all of them?
"
Well, putting Native American cultural imagery in gambling loot boxes is a bold move in 2019. Good luck.

Yeah, I feel a uncomfortable about this box. There is a lot of beauty in First Nations cultures in North America... but a lot of troubling history, too, with colonization and genocide. The South American motifs and Conquistadorey Alva in the Incursion league made me feel less uncomfortable because the Vaal culture in the world of Wraeclast was fleshed-out and inspired by South American indiginous culture, so there was a reason for it being in-game and looking the way it does.

But I'm not really seeing another Wraeclastian civilization drawing heavily on North American indigenous motifs in a way that would justify feather headdresses and dreamcatchers in-game. Like I have no problem with fictional civilizations taking inspiration from real-world cultures -- be it Maori to Karui or Ancient Rome to Oriath -- but the North American First Nations inspired stuff feels a little tone-deaf to me... additionally, as stated above -- the context is also problematic.

I haven't spent much time in the new league yet, tho... Maybe the warring factions of ages past include a civilization influenced by North American indigenous cultures? Still... A bit too 1:1 translation between actual cultural dress and fictionalized costumery.
That Wild Wind is straight up Disney's Pocahontas...
So Aztec lootboxes are alright.
Polynesians lootboxes are alright.
Nazi lootboxes are alright.
Great plague lootboxes are alright.
But Native American lootboxes make you uncomfortable.

Literally wot?
Can't justify a bad idea with other bad ideas.
"
Ant1m1nd wrote:

This, very much this. My family's culture is not a costume.

everyones elses family's culture is a costume, what makes yours so special?

get over yourself.

not rly my bag this time round, the glimmer ones were fantastic tho so props for them.
"
Außenseiter wrote:
So Aztec lootboxes are alright.
Polynesians lootboxes are alright.
Nazi lootboxes are alright.
Great plague lootboxes are alright.
But Native American lootboxes make you uncomfortable.

Literally wot?

games based around classic civilisations like the greeks...

riot on behalf of kebab shop owners everywhere?

chilli sauce and salads with those sour grapes my friends?

outrage culture lol, come on man....
The best mtx so far.. Sadly the new portal kind of looks better than praying angel portal.
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
now, these mtx's looks like .... lmao
Last edited by thepipen on Jun 8, 2019, 11:29:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info