Item Filter Sound Volume Too Low

Even with Item Filter Alert Volume at max I can barely hear the filter sounds when there is nothing going on in game. I am using the same sounds as last league. I messaged Neversink and he says he hasn't changed anything on the sounds side. I loaded my previous filter from last league and it still replicated the problem.

Not sure if there was a GGG adjustment to the sound options or on the filter options but I can't hear items drop anymore.

Screenshot of sound Settings: https://i.imgur.com/l6M59sq.jpg

Bug report 1,231,191,570.
Last bumped on Sep 6, 2020, 8:45:47 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Hello there.

Do you happen to have updated some system drivers recently and before the launch ?
Anyway, it wouldn't hurt to check if your sound system appears to be working properly in the configuration panel, and check your volume levels there aswell.
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
No updates on the system side since last I played. System sounds appear fine, volume mixer looks good. Everything else sounds fine.

Here is a Reddit thread I made with other users reporting the same issue happening to them: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/by0izp/neversink_item_filter_volume_too_low/
Having the same issue, was playing last week and everything was normal. Since 3.8 I've got "Item Filter Alert Sound" set to 100% and everything around 10%, can barely here any loot filter alerts. Previously, anything above 50% was too loud. Something has definitely changed in the client. Have two PCs here, both having same issue.

Edit: Also worth noting, it's happening for both in-built and custom alerts.

Cheers.
Last edited by Plonker on Jun 8, 2019, 12:15:30 AM
Its not only filter sounds volume broken, but "sound effects" too. Put sound effects at 5%, you will still hear leap slam, attacks sounds, but not inventory management and UI clicks, they will super silent.
Last edited by krab90 on Jun 8, 2019, 12:26:05 AM
Same for me, the filter sound alerts are super quiet even at 100%.
Same for me. I hear no currency sounds when they drop from mobs. Curiously, when I drop currency from my inventory, I can hear the sound just fine.
"
twisteddiana wrote:
Same for me. I hear no currency sounds when they drop from mobs. Curiously, when I drop currency from my inventory, I can hear the sound just fine.

I think this is just because it is in a quieter setting without much going on around you. I tried that as well and the sound was more audible but only really because there weren't any other sounds around to compete with.

I also don't think this falls under the known issue of "Item filter sounds sometimes cutting out" because the sound is there it just seems like the volume has been turned down to like 5%.
Last edited by AngelOfPassion on Jun 8, 2019, 3:07:18 AM
Same for me. Sound of item filters is way to low. Also the sound volume of other sound effects are mixed up
Also have problems like these. Without changing any volume sliders, the sound effects are now way louder for:

-portals opening
-loot dropping after incursions
-item filter (?)

Changing the volume slider for sound effects doesn't seem to change these mentioned.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info