3.7| Stress Free PoE - COLD HEARTED CURSER |Clear the Atlas w/ YOUR Items @ YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

Hey Wrecker,

I have a question, why elemental overload on the tree? Mine never seems to proc. I have been prioritizing the suggested gear stats and not spell crit. Because we focus on DoT, is it even worth it? I'm not sure how that mechanic works with DoT skill.

Also, it's a great build btw. I'm really enjoying it. Just trying to understand the mechanics as I've never played an ES character before. Always enjoyed Molten Strike but they nerfed it to pieces this league.
Last edited by aces2323 on Jun 15, 2019, 5:06:41 PM
"
aces2323 wrote:
Hey Wrecker,

I have a question, why elemental overload on the tree? Mine never seems to proc. I have been prioritizing the suggested gear stats and not spell crit. Because we focus on DoT, is it even worth it? I'm not sure how that mechanic works with DoT skill.

Also, it's a great build btw. I'm really enjoying it. Just trying to understand the mechanics as I've never played an ES character before. Always enjoyed Molten Strike but they nerfed it to pieces this league.
Hey aces2323,

Great question. According to PoB, with no items equipped at all and when all gems are maxed and functioning in tandem, Vortex does 170'000 DPS. Elemental Overload is almost 49'000 of that. It's HUGE when activated. EO improves ALL elemental damage, not just hits. One day it'll be nerfed..but until then...:)

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be active very often for you. I checked out your build and everything seems normal. EO is on almost all the time for me with the exact same setup. (I think I'll try your Frost Blink out.) Even though all 4 CwDT spells only have a 6% Crit chance, they are casting quite often and only one of them needs to Crit once every 8 seconds...including Vortex. I'll pay closer attention to it in the next few nights and see if I have the same luck.

I'm glad you're liking the build...and enjoying it! ES is really different that life. No flasks! Kinda.

Thanks for the post. I hope my response helped. If it didn't or if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
aces2323 wrote:
Hey Wrecker,

Hey aces2323,

Great question. According to PoB, with no items equipped at all and when all gems are maxed and functioning in tandem, Vortex does 170'000 DPS. Elemental Overload is almost 49'000 of that. It's HUGE when activated. EO improves ALL elemental damage, not just hits. One day it'll be nerfed..but until then...:)

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be active very often for you. I checked out your build and everything seems normal. EO is on almost all the time for me with the exact same setup. (I think I'll try your Frost Blink out.) Even though all 4 CwDT spells only have a 6% Crit chance, they are casting quite often and only one of them needs to Crit once every 8 seconds...including Vortex. I'll pay closer attention to it in the next few nights and see if I have the same luck.

I'm glad you're liking the build...and enjoying it! ES is really different that life. No flasks! Kinda.

Thanks for the post. I hope my response helped. If it didn't or if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help.

Thank you. That does help. I wasn't even thinking about those other skills. I was so focused on the curse and not really considering what else they trigger for me. I often try to get hit as little as possible, blink in and flask out fast so that's probably why it's not popping as much for me. I'm constantly on my flasks avoiding damage, so that makes sense. Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. And I really like the frost blink btw, it stacks with all our cold damage stuff too.
"
aces2323 wrote:
Hey Wrecker,

If you have Controlled Destrution in all your attacks they have -100% crit chance and probably dont give you Elemental Overload.

Just in case thats the problem.

"
aces2323 wrote:
Spoiler
"
"
aces2323 wrote:
Hey Wrecker,

Hey aces2323,

Thank you. That does help. I wasn't even thinking about those other skills. I was so focused on the curse and not really considering what else they trigger for me. I often try to get hit as little as possible, blink in and flask out fast so that's probably why it's not popping as much for me. I'm constantly on my flasks avoiding damage, so that makes sense. Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. And I really like the frost blink btw, it stacks with all our cold damage stuff too.
Awesome. Glad it makes sense. You're observant to notice how your playstyle impacts it as well.

I played around with Frost Blink a bit last night. It's cool. It moves the screen fast so I'm going to see what I'm like after playing it for a while. Thanks for following up! Let me know if there's anything else.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
First off, thanks for all the work you obviously have put into this build. If possible, could you break down the choices on the tree by levels? What I mean by this is lvl 30 looks like this, lvl 50 looks like this and so on. I am really enjoying the build so far and this would help me alot. And yes, I know its spoon feeding, but it would help me and hopefully others out alot. Thanks again for all the work you've done.
I've been enjoying this build a lot. One thing I struggle with a bit is activating the big general dudes who like to live towards the edge of the armies when you activate monoliths (the league mechanic). Generally by the time I get to the outer edges and even find them, I have only a few seconds left, and it's difficult to damage them quickly enough. The fact that they're frozen (not triggering any curses) is probably not helping me. How do other people deal with this issue? Am I missing something obvious?
"
Merilia wrote:
I've been enjoying this build a lot. One thing I struggle with a bit is activating the big general dudes who like to live towards the edge of the armies when you activate monoliths (the league mechanic). Generally by the time I get to the outer edges and even find them, I have only a few seconds left, and it's difficult to damage them quickly enough. The fact that they're frozen (not triggering any curses) is probably not helping me. How do other people deal with this issue? Am I missing something obvious?

The build its just not good for the league mechanics(monoliths and timeless conflicts), it's a slow and countinuos damage dealer.
Honestly it's a good league starter and great for some Endgame grinds, but not fast enough for this league.
"
Chokiito wrote:
"
Merilia wrote:

The build its just not good for the league mechanics(monoliths and timeless conflicts), it's a slow and countinuos damage dealer.
Honestly it's a good league starter and great for some Endgame grinds, but not fast enough for this league.

if you stack enough damage on vortex itself it's definitely not an issue. I just turn on vaal cold snap and run around and everything melts. (although at this stage of the league for the rare mobs in the monolith I have to put a vortex down. if I used my synth character there's definitely enough dps).
I will give vaal cold snap a try, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info