[3.7] Caustic Arrow Trickster, All-Purpose Workhorse [Life+QotF][Delve 1000][Full POB]

I really enjoy playing this build, kills all content and challangges easily I did slightly change a few of the talents to pick up more Jewel sockets. I highly recommend getting a watchers eye with multiplier on Malev as well. 36/40 Challenges done with this build.
"
Shaddowwolf wrote:
I really enjoy playing this build, kills all content and challangges easily I did slightly change a few of the talents to pick up more Jewel sockets. I highly recommend getting a watchers eye with multiplier on Malev as well. 36/40 Challenges done with this build.

Awesome to hear :D I recently picked up a 'Doryani' Vaal Timeless Gem, which corrupts a notable passive to give '20% max life as extra max ES'. With Acrobatics, this is is a 14% MORE multiplier on your life pool. I am currently writing the new thread and will definitely include this, along with any other timeless experimenting I do.

It takes 5 points to corrupt 'Pain Attunement' towards the top of the tree, and well worth the passives you may have to sacrifice to get it. I lost a couple hundred life, and gained almost 1k ES. You can look up my current passive tree to see what I compromised on.

The 'Chaos Multi' Watcher's Eye was a little expensive for me, but I am using Imprescence + Grace, so I picked up a '+8% Evade' Grace/'Unaffected by bleeding' Malevolence for 2.5ex. 85% evasion feels amazing, and I swapped Freeze over to my life flask so I could use Dying Sun. I discounted DS for a long time, but it does feel damn good for clear and helps considerably with opening Legion. Full clearing the army on some map layouts still feels atrocious for this build, and thus I've uncompleted my atlas down to only T15 Plateau + my Elder map.

Also currently running ~40% MF gear with 6.5k eHP, and CA has never felt better. If you're kind of 'done' with the build: mid 90s, ~20+ ex of gear, dank life/dmg/res jewels, i HIGHLY suggest transitioning into semi-full MF, even for your regular mapping. It is expensive and tricky to get right, but if you are interested you can check the last couple days of VODs from my stream to see how well it performs with HORRENDOUS FPS/dynamic res/lag in sextant/beyond T15-16 maps.

I mostly ran T15 Plateau and T16 Haunted Mansion/Glacier, profiting 2-3ex an hour according to Exilence. That's mostly from Elder Alleyways, which were only estimated at ~15c (worth much more selling 100+ at a time).
Last edited by glappoid on Jul 1, 2019, 3:43:39 PM
"
glappoid wrote:
"
Shaddowwolf wrote:

Awesome to hear :D I recently picked up a 'Doryani' Vaal Timeless Gem, which corrupts a notable passive to give '20% max life as extra max ES'. With Acrobatics, this is is a 14% MORE multiplier on your life pool. I am currently writing the new thread and will definitely include this, along with any other timeless experimenting I do.

It takes 5 points to corrupt 'Pain Attunement' towards the top of the tree, and well worth the passives you may have to sacrifice to get it. I lost a couple hundred life, and gained almost 1k ES. You can look up my current passive tree to see what I compromised on.

The 'Chaos Multi' Watcher's Eye was a little expensive for me, but I am using Imprescence + Grace, so I picked up a '+8% Evade' Grace/'Unaffected by bleeding' Malevolence for 2.5ex. 85% evasion feels amazing, and I swapped Freeze over to my life flask so I could use Dying Sun. I discounted DS for a long time, but it does feel damn good for clear and helps considerably with opening Legion. Full clearing the army on some map layouts still feels atrocious for this build, and thus I've uncompleted my atlas down to only T15 Plateau + my Elder map.

Also currently running ~40% MF gear with 6.5k eHP, and CA has never felt better. If you're kind of 'done' with the build: mid 90s, ~20+ ex of gear, dank life/dmg/res jewels, i HIGHLY suggest transitioning into semi-full MF, even for your regular mapping. It is expensive and tricky to get right, but if you are interested you can check the last couple days of VODs from my stream to see how well it performs with HORRENDOUS FPS/dynamic res/lag in sextant/beyond T15-16 maps.

I mostly ran T15 Plateau and T16 Haunted Mansion/Glacier, profiting 2-3ex an hour according to Exilence. That's mostly from Elder Alleyways, which were only estimated at ~15c (worth much more selling 100+ at a time).

Hi, with all the glacier craze going on I was wondering how the build would be for farming while I progress and do everything else? Im still inbetween picking a build and ur build has me very interested like since it can delve 1000+ and I can kill bosses too (hopefully). So it has left me wondering if I wanted to do some farming for currency can this build work too?

Also, I had a few questions. For the items, do I just go to gear section and try to aim for like similar stats of items you posted? and for CA you shoot out 3 arrows in ur twitch videos but on gem section you do not have any GMP or LMP equipped was just wondering where u got the additional projectiles from?

Thanks!

Last edited by Chaavy on Jul 9, 2019, 7:30:16 PM
"
Chaavy wrote:
Hi, with all the glacier craze going on I was wondering how the build would be for farming while I progress and do everything else? Im still inbetween picking a build and ur build has me very interested like since it can delve 1000+ and I can kill bosses too (hopefully). So it has left me wondering if I wanted to do some farming for currency can this build work too?

Also, I had a few questions. For the itsems, do I just go to gear section and try to aim for like similar stats of items you posted? and for CA you shoot out 3 arrows in ur twitch videos but on gem section you do not have any GMP or LMP equipped was just wondering where u got the additional projectiles from?

Thanks!

My new guide will cover a lot of this, but:

-Additional arrows come from a Shaper Quiver and/or Dying Sun. Just one extra from the quiver is nice for clear. Dying Sun is very cheap this league, but comes with the downside of losing an entire flask slot purely for AoE/clear, and probably an end-gaming maxing choice.

-Properly AOE-scaled Toxic Rain and Essence Drain are probably better for pure low-tier Legion farming, esp. on a Pathfinder with full IIQ. Haven't tested, but I'm sure an Elder Bow with mad additional arrows (DS+GMP+quiver) could 100% open in Glacier.

===========

Getting item links, and guide preview i suppose :D

Leveling
Twink Gear
These are all tried and true items, and will definitely make leveling a breeze. I've left individual prices off, but the total for this exact set is roughly 50-70c (07/12), along with some socketing currency. Make sure you don't buy helms/gloves/boots with enchantments (off on my searches), which add a high level requirement. If you are on a serious budget, you can always re-sell everything afterwards, especially the 4L'd uniques for a few chaos.

Unavailable
6L Silverbranch | The Silverwood Prophecy
My favorite Legion drop by far, and only cost a few chaos more than rare 6Ls. If you can only buy one item, make it this Use the prophecy at !!LEVEL 36!! for the Silverbough upgrade, which adds "+1 to Level of Socketed Gems", BUT adds a level 36 requirement.

Tabula Rasa | +2 AoE/Curse/Duration Corruption
Cheaper than a bow if it's all you have for CA. Otherwise Bane goes here. For a bit more chaos, you can get one of the gem level corruptions to beef the DPS and curses even more.

Goldrim | +38 Resists
Leveling without this will feel bad on any build. It's too cheap not to use, and high rolls are 0~1c more.

Meginord's Girdle (+Resist Corruption) | Karui Ward (+Resist Corruption)
These are pretty good on their own, but the corruptions are cheap and get you res capped at level 8, making them indespensable when combined.

Wanderlust
Can't beat 20ms and freeze immunity out the gate.

Hyrri's Bite
Makes stat requirements super easy and gives a bit of QoL.

Lochtonial Caress
More of a QoL item, but the buffs are nice and there's not much else to use.

Perandus Signet | Doedre's Damning | Lv<15 +45 Resist Rares
Perandus Signet is a huge mana QoL. Doedre's comes into play if you want to add another curse to Bane, e.g. Poacher's Mark/Temp Chains/Enfeeble. Otherwise it doesn't matter much. Uniques with resist corruptions are expensive, and you can always buy any 1c rings to fill the slots (use level requirement 'max' on trade searches).

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

-------------------------------

------------------------------

-------------------------------

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

---------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

-------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

Last edited by glappoid on Mar 28, 2020, 9:35:10 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Maybe silly question, but how do you deal with downtime? I mean after you apply the caustic ground what do you do since the puddles don't stack?
Your build looks great, even with mf stuff.
I got 2 questions:
- How do you feel against end game bosses ?
- What about your mana without any mobs to kill ? (Maybe your mana regen is enough)
Thanks for your good work and your time.
Last edited by Parasite54 on Jul 15, 2019, 8:41:12 PM
Just wanted to say what a great build. I'm not particularly great when it comes to boss mechanics, but I managed to kill Uber Atziri deathless for the first time and that's with full MF gear. 102% quant + Item Quantity gem.

Build works great on 3.8 with tons of damage! real smooth feeling. Guide is very detailed and helpful. +1 Thanks man.
-lvl 100 Ball Lightning- (BallLightning)
-lvl 96 Elemental PS Wander- (iLLeStMuZiK)
-lvl 96 Righteous Fire Flicker- (BurnMyLife)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info