Get Your Exclusive Korean God Helmet and Welcome the Korean Community to Wraeclast!

This is actually very good.
Rewarding players with light cosmetics for in-game achievements is good incentive for new players to look into fashion pat of the game.
Welcome to POE.
Saved
"
Firefly00 wrote:
"
mizumiyu wrote:
It is a traditional hat worn by men along with a hanbok during the Joseon period. It is called "gat" in Korean.

Indeed it is, per this reference. With that in mind, while I appreciate the welcoming gesture to the Korean community, I would suggest that GGG give the hat its proper name.

Yes, this. Under no circumstance would 갓 be Romanized as "god." Like... none of the letters are even pronounced like that by Koreans. The standard Romanization would be "gat" and it would probably sound closer to English "cat" or "cot" (depending on English dialect).

I know Kiwi accents have different vowel phonology from American accents, but the consonants should remain close.
Nice hat! Welcome Korea!
Cool. In case some people are interested, that sort of hat is called a "qat," or "khat." Old-time Korean scholars and nobles used to wear them, as does the Jeonseung Saja, the Korean spirit that brings spirits of the dead to the afterlife.
At least, form my understanding. Some of that information might be a bit off.
Korea, you guys have made the trade economy better already. Keep buying my stuff :D
GitGud, GitNerfed, Repeat.
Hey always glad to see a community join together. Welcome our Korean brother in arms.
Ayyy Welcome Korea
"
Korea, you guys have made the trade economy better already. Keep buying my stuff :D

Yep... they're everywhere and they're buying like crazy! Welcome Korea! :)
YUM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info