3.7| Stress Free PoE - HALLELUJAH FIRE |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
Barbox wrote:

Now that I have those last 2 ascendancy points, I'm wondering if you think Ramako, Sun's Light could compete with Arohongui, Moon's Presence? Enemies dealing 8% less damage isn't anything to scoff at, but that's about all the talent does right? 16% increased fire damage isn't much, and I don't think making totems immune to fire is a big deal either unless I'm missing something? Whereas Sun's Light gives a 15% More burning damage, AND damage penetrates 15% fire resist, which I think is akin to another More multiplier, right?

Fire penetration does not work with RF damage so the Ramako Sun's Light passive that works with RF only the 15% burning damage - so Moon's Presence would be more advantage for RF.

What I know affect RF damage are: Fire damage, Burning damage, DoT, Area damage.

"

When it comes to those shaper / elder helmets (?) - what mods are we specifically looking for? You mentioned there are different mods for the different skills but I'm kinda new and I'm not sure what mods I'm looking for haha. Thanks again!

I would say Burning Damage & Concentrated Effect (Elder helmet).
Any advice on managing to get Purity of Fire to run on my build. I have been running without it so far as i simple dont have the mana to run it and still have enough left to use my skills effectively.

I dont know if i did something wrong in the build or if i simply need to get more mana on my gear(already put it on chest&head piece) but the build guide doesn't seem to mention anything about needing extra mana(unless i missed it)so just wondering if you could take a look at my build.

Otherwise the build is running pretty smooth for me so far. Doing T6 maps at the moment without any issues rly.
Last edited by Ch3v4l13r on Jun 13, 2019, 2:52:52 AM
"
whyarewehere wrote:

What I know affect RF damage are: Fire damage, Burning damage, DoT, Area damage.

quote from wiki
Damage stats:
The following stats apply to the damage Righteous Fire deals to enemies: Fire damage, burning damage, damage over time, area damage and generic "increased damage" or "more damage". These stats do not apply to the self-inflicted damage from Righteous Fire.
Increased and decreased spell damage does not affect the degeneration damage because spell damage and damage over time are two distinct and mutually exclusive damage sources.
Aura modifiers don't affect Righteous Fire because it's not an aura.

P.S.: elemental dmg such as on sceptres also works
Last edited by MaxHax2 on Jun 13, 2019, 9:53:46 AM
Hi awsome easy build to follow for us newcomers. I was wondering what are the most important stats to increase the dps for righteous fury?
Elemental dmg
hp
physical dmg
spell dmg?

are there any other stats i have forgotten that would increase dmg ?
"
zwinto82 wrote:
Hi awsome easy build to follow for us newcomers. I was wondering what are the most important stats to increase the dps for righteous fury?
Elemental dmg
hp
physical dmg
spell dmg?

HP is you best option since it also improves your chances of not getting killed the instant you run into mobs. Elemental damage, fire damage, burning damage, damage over time and area damage.
Spell damage won't do anything for RF.
Why would you even consider phy dmg? Its a ring of fire that burns anything around you and yourself. Nothing physical there
"
Spoiler
"
"
MaxHax2 wrote:
Ok I'll be first to reply.
This version looks more focused on RF that HFT when compared to last one.
While as a pure RF player I agree with that choice I still think that HFT should be in 5/6 link gear instead of RF. You can easily get shaped helmet with one or 2 RF supports as mod making it pseudo 6 link around lv 60ish.
HFT is what makes this build different that other generic RF builds out there so I would rather you preserve it.
Hey MaxHax2!

Always nice to have you aboard :).

The 3.6 version of this build had RF as the primary skill as well (on the tree). Having a 5/6 link totem made the build NEED lots of mana mods. So, since RF is the main skill, and a 5 link is easier to get than a Shaper/Elder helmet with the right mods, I decided to make RF the 5/6 link and HFT the 4 link. HFT as
a 4 link costs a lot less mana to cast and the build itself didn't lose any DPS with the change. (3.7 does less damage than the 3.6 build cause I went with AoE this league.)

You have just as many options with Shaper/Elder mods to 5/6 link HFT in a helmet as well so there is still the same opportunities for improvement too.

The nice thing about the skills colour links (RF and HFT) is that if you found a helmet with mods that worked for one of the skills, they are easily interchangeable between the chest and the helmet.

Let me know where you go with the build if you try it out.

Thanks for the post!

Been playing this build and loving it so far - and thank you for answering all of our questions!

When it comes to those shaper / elder helmets (?) - what mods are we specifically looking for? You mentioned there are different mods for the different skills but I'm kinda new and I'm not sure what mods I'm looking for haha. Thanks again!
Hey ethaN646,

Great! I'm glad you're loving it, and good question (you're welcome)! So Shaper and Elder items can have mods that act exactly like a gem! So an example would be "(13–15)% increased Area of Effect
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Increased Area of Effect". That's a mod that can only roll on a Shaper Helmet with an item level 83 or higher. So if you were to have RF in that helmet, you could remove the actual Increased AoE gem and insert a different gem...essentially 5-linking the skill in the helmet.

Here's the link I use. It looks overwhelming. But I just "Ctl-F" certain key words to help me out. You can search of all mods of a specific item, like helmets, or simply click on the Shaper or Elder links to see all they offer. Notice how the items require a certain item level to have the chance at a higher version of the roll.

If that makes no sense at all, don't worry at all :).

Your HFT will benefit from mods that benefit physical damage, fire damage, spell damage and such. While RF will benefit from AoE, Burning, general fire damage (not Fire Damage to Spells).

I'd like an Elder Helmet that gives "Adds (25–34) to (51–59) Fire Damage to Spells" for the totem for example. And for RF I'd love an Elder chest that gives "+1 to Level of Socketed Support Gems", "Recover #% of Maximum Life on Kill", or many others.

I didn't mean for the reply to be complex so let me know if it helped or I just make life worse ;).
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Jayaa wrote:
I really enjoy the concept of this build, and I really love your positivity! It's made POE less taxing for me!

Much like another commentor mentioned, getting a Flask of Dousing to switch on and off Righteous Fire in the early levels will make those initial levels easier. I mucked around with Molten Strike until that point.

I'm now just hitting maps and certainly struggling with damage against elites and otherwise. I've followed the build to a "T" but I think I need to begin looking for upgrades to gear. I don't think I would be able to do T5 maps and above in a respectable amount of time. Do you have any thoughts and suggestions on what would have the greatest impact for damage when I'm looking for gear?

Thanks for your insight!
Thanks Jayaa,

I'm happy to have helped! I appreciate the thanks :).

Regarding RF: Life always doubles as great survivability along with small increases to damage. So that obvious point can't be stressed enough. But a sweet sceptre is going to be your biggest addition to damage. A sceptre can have an implicit to Elemental Damage and can then rolls mods to increased fire damage (both as a prefix and suffix!) and increased burning damage. Don't ADD fire damage (that goes to Attacks). And don't improve SPELL damage. Well, you can, but that won't help RF.

Other items will have global mods that increase damage for RF as well of course. But a nicely rolled Sceptre will be your biggest damage improvement for a single item.

Good question!

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"
Barbox wrote:
Thanks for the tips! I had already swapped Enfeeble for Flammability, but that was about it. I have also since learned that I was just straight up playing the build incorrectly - I hadn't swapped to my vaal RF yet, was still leveling it in my secondary slots - it helps a TON on bosses. I also wasn't spamming consecrated path on tougher enemies (thanks to another commenter, whyarewehere, for suggesting that!)

Other changes I've made:
- swapped Increased AoE with Consentrated Effect, like you suggested. I do love the larger AoE, but imo if I keep all the other AoE increases in the passive tree, it's still a reasonable size, but with another 50% more modifier.
- changed up the passive tree a bit. I skipped going for Purify of Flesh, as well as Deep Wisdom and Heart and Soul, and am now working towards Breath of Flames. Though I think I'm starting to see why you went for Heart and Soul - I don't always have the mana to cast HFT when I want to.

Between those changes, and some gear upgrades, I'm loving the build. I just breezed through uber lab, first time I've ever done that. I normally struggle a bit with uber lab, or buy a carry. I've never before solo'd it on my first try - this build is great.

Now that I have those last 2 ascendancy points, I'm wondering if you think Ramako, Sun's Light could compete with Arohongui, Moon's Presence? Enemies dealing 8% less damage isn't anything to scoff at, but that's about all the talent does right? 16% increased fire damage isn't much, and I don't think making totems immune to fire is a big deal either unless I'm missing something? Whereas Sun's Light gives a 15% More burning damage, AND damage penetrates 15% fire resist, which I think is akin to another More multiplier, right?
"
whyarewehere wrote:
Fire penetration does not work with RF damage so the Ramako Sun's Light passive that works with RF only the 15% burning damage - so Moon's Presence would be more advantage for RF.

Hey Barbox,

Cool changes! I'm glad you're liking the build! Good job on the 4th lab! Feels good hey? Ya, totems are mana heavy.

whyarewehere answered well. Penetration only applies to Hits in PoE. So Fire Pen. would only impact our totem. PoB (hopefully it's accurate) states that RF would have the same damage whether we chose Ramako or Arohongui. So we may as well select the one where we get defense too. Keep in mind, that 8% damage is for ALL types of damage. There are not that many ways in the game to get damage mitigation for ALL types of damage in the game...and all we need to get that 8% is be near one of our totems.

Smart question! Let me know if you have any more!

Annnnnd

"
Ch3v4l13r wrote:
Any advice on managing to get Purity of Fire to run on my build. I have been running without it so far as i simple dont have the mana to run it and still have enough left to use my skills effectively.

I dont know if i did something wrong in the build or if i simply need to get more mana on my gear(already put it on chest&head piece) but the build guide doesn't seem to mention anything about needing extra mana(unless i missed it)so just wondering if you could take a look at my build.

Otherwise the build is running pretty smooth for me so far. Doing T6 maps at the moment without any issues rly.
Hey Ch3v4l13r,

I'd personally prioritize Purity of Fire over Malevolence if you can only run one aura. The bonus to Max Fire Resist is very important for RF. You'd then have 65% mana to play with. IF you were doing that you'd have the mana space to run Clarity instead of Malevolence. That's short term anyway.

I have mana regen on 3 pieces of gear totalling around 90% increased mana regen. I'm around 50 mana regening a second. Though that's not the 89 mana that HFT costs to cast, I find that I am never short on mana with my play style.

So ya, a couple mana regen mods should do the trick.

Does that help? Let me know if it doesn't of course :).

Annnnnd

"
MaxHax2 wrote:
"
zwinto82 wrote:
Elemental dmg
hp
physical dmg
spell dmg?

HP is you best option since it also improves your chances of not getting killed the instant you run into mobs.

"quote from wiki
Damage stats:
The following stats apply to the damage Righteous Fire deals to enemies: Fire damage, burning damage, damage over time, area damage and generic "increased damage" or "more damage". These stats do not apply to the self-inflicted damage from Righteous Fire.
Increased and decreased spell damage does not affect the degeneration damage because spell damage and damage over time are two distinct and mutually exclusive damage sources.
Aura modifiers don't affect Righteous Fire because it's not an aura."
Hey zwinto82,

Thanks! I'm glad it's helpful for you! If you have any suggestions or if i'm missing anything from the guide, let me know. MaxHax2's answer is correct. Your physical damage mods will only impact Holy Flame Totem. If you care about HFT, make sure the physical damage mods are "increased Physical %" or "Adds Physical to Spells". Otherwise it'll only apply to Attacks. Note the above that Spell Damage doesn't improve RF. Look for a Sceptre with lots of Elemental, Fire, and Burning Damage. It'll be glorious.

I just posted to clarify that Physical Damage does apply to our build, just not RF. Ask as much as you like! Thanks for the question.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info