3.7| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
Nelumbi wrote:
Hello Wrecker,

New player here too! My friend convinced me to give PoE a try at late Synthesis and I leveled as a bane occultist, while reading through other occultist builds, came across your guide and found out about the zombies! So I am following the 3.6 guide and loving it.

That said, I would like to ask what would you recommend from a more range perspective instead of melee and being in the fray. I have tried both charged dash and consecrated path, and I found the dashing and sudden movements make me severely nauseous (yes, bad case of vertigo and motion sickness) and I have resorted to wanding using power siphon to apply enfeeble and EE. If I am staying more at range, would shifting away from some of the life nodes and putting them into mana reservation for more auras be more beneficial? And since being range means getting hit less, would hard casting spirit offering and desecrate work (though it is quite clunky I noticed).

Thank you for your input in advance!
Hey Nelumbi,

Thanks! I'm glad you're loving it! I hope you stick with PoE. GGG is a great company to commit to.

3.7 is changing melee skills right down to the very core. I couldn't use Consecrated Path in 3.6. I'm hoping to be able to use it with the smoother camera transitions I saw in some of GGG's promo material. So don't exclude all melee skills yet. 3.7 will be a whole new PoE experience for us sensitive folk.

You could try the new Cyclone (I'm hoping they got rid of the screen bouncing), Tectonic Slam is sexy, Ground Slam, Sunder, and their are some new melee skills being introduced in 3.7 that seem to have good range (some may need those fancy new auras to implement).

Try those out and let me know what worked for you! I write down what's worked for others that have certain limitations.

Thanks again for the thanks!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
Nelumbi wrote:
Hello Wrecker,

New player here too! My friend convinced me to give PoE a try at late Synthesis and I leveled as a bane occultist, while reading through other occultist builds, came across your guide and found out about the zombies! So I am following the 3.6 guide and loving it.

That said, I would like to ask what would you recommend from a more range perspective instead of melee and being in the fray. I have tried both charged dash and consecrated path, and I found the dashing and sudden movements make me severely nauseous (yes, bad case of vertigo and motion sickness) and I have resorted to wanding using power siphon to apply enfeeble and EE. If I am staying more at range, would shifting away from some of the life nodes and putting them into mana reservation for more auras be more beneficial? And since being range means getting hit less, would hard casting spirit offering and desecrate work (though it is quite clunky I noticed).

Thank you for your input in advance!

For ranged, you'd either go something like Spectral throw/Shield throw(which could be really interesting with the new unique jewel) or Lancing/Shattering steel or go for a Bow and Quiver and use something like Vaal/Rain of Arrows or something.

You'd lose Fortify though unless the skill gem has 'Melee' in it too.

Edit: Always forget about Kinetic Blast for Wands. SO there's that too heh.
Last edited by Guru1619 on Jun 7, 2019, 2:16:31 PM
Short question: does Pride give more dmg than Hatred?
Since zombies and skeletons deal physical dmg, 19% more dmg taken seems not bad. This does make it so the minions don't deal cold dmg, so EE won't trigger. Plus generosity won't be needed thus freeing a gem slot. Is there another way to get the minions deal cold dmg so EE is useful?
"
superdreddie wrote:
Since zombies and skeletons deal physical dmg, 19% more dmg taken seems not bad. This does make it so the minions don't deal cold dmg, so EE won't trigger. Plus generosity won't be needed thus freeing a gem slot. Is there another way to get the minions deal cold dmg so EE is useful?
Hey superdreddie,

Excellent question! I have no clue though. I'd have to play it myself. No tools that I use to determine DPS have added the new gems yet. So we all just have to guess. If we were to use Pride, we would likely just leave EE alone. And some of the new physical support gems might even be better than Minion Damage and Melee Physical Support.

Besides Hatred, I can't think of another DPS efficient way to give you minions elemental damage. I'm sure there are a few uniques that would do it but none come to mind. Added Cold Damage Support wouldn't give damage close to any of the currently linked or newly released support gems.

But, I'll bet with the new gems that are being released, you could probably get the same DPS that we currently have by going pure physical and ignoring EE and Hatred.

That's something I'm going to consider for 3.8 if the numbers are decent as EE is a pain to constantly consider and fear screwing up.

Great question.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
superdreddie wrote:

Minions don't trigger EE, they just benefit from the -resists when we apply it which is why we have Hatred + Generosity and we don't want to do any cold damage ourselves via added cold damage modifiers.

It could be a nice boost, though would need to either drop Blasphemy and use something like
and take the -mana reservation nodes on the tree so we could still have some mana to cast with.

Also something Like Essence Worm could work too.
"
Guru1619 wrote:
"
superdreddie wrote:

Minions don't trigger EE, they just benefit from the -resists when we apply it which is why we have Hatred + Generosity and we don't want to do any cold damage ourselves via added cold damage modifiers.

Aah, yes. We apply EE with the movement skill, and the minions just benefit from the -resist. So for me the question becomes: does 19% more (up to 39%) give more dmg than the -resist + hatred buff? I'll try it out soon :)
"
superdreddie wrote:
"
Guru1619 wrote:
"
superdreddie wrote:

Aah, yes. We apply EE with the movement skill, and the minions just benefit from the -resist. So for me the question becomes: does 19% more (up to 39%) give more dmg than the -resist + hatred buff? I'll try it out soon :)

Good luck and if possible share your findings here when you've managed to test it out :D
Double posted.
Last edited by Guru1619 on Jun 7, 2019, 3:51:20 PM
Hi!

First, thanks a lot for making those guide AND the loot filter.

Really makes it easy for me (and I guess a lot of other people) to play a fun build without getting lost in irrelevant loot.

Short question: why the move away from Charged Dash?

I loved that skill, and it made avoiding Lab traps easier.

Sure, I can still use it, but I'm curious.
I got a little excited about the melee revamp because I've never played a melee character...but I keep coming back to this build!

I'm curious at how the gameplay will be different with Consecrated Path vs Charged Dash - I'll admit I've become rather spoiled by the latter.

Consecrated Path looks like it has huge movement potential. Should there be any concern about your minions being able to keep up, or am I overthinking this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info