3.7| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

"
Doktaduck wrote:
Just a suggestion for the 3.8 guide, Newbie section.

1. Gem levels ARE important make sure to turn off at the correct level
a)Turn off Cast When Damage Taken at level 2.
b)Turn off Spirit Offering at level 8 (needs to have lvl 40 or lower req to work)
c)Turn off Purifying Flame at level 12 (needs to have lvl 40 or lower req to work)

2. before first fight (and after death) turn on auras, summon golem and summon holy relic

These are the things that I missed this league from your guide. The info is there, but as a newb I missed it.
- My PF and SO still don't fire as they are lvl 19... i more until I can turn them back to lvl 1 20% :P )
- it took a few levels for me to work out that I had to turn on holy relic >.<
Awesome feedback! I really appreciate it.

Regarding point #1 - I don't want to have too many repetitive comments in my guide. As you mentioned, the information in your point is already in the guide in the gem section, so what would you suggest I do to make it stand out further? Adding it to the Newbie section may be needed but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Regarding point #2 - This is mentioned very briefly in the Detailed Version of How This Build Functions in Gameplay. But I agree, it's something should be emphasized a bit more for first time players.

Great post! I appreciate the honesty. Let me know if anything else comes to mind.

"
I say that looks mighty fine SIR! ;)
I concur. I love how much the skills evolve now! Skeletons natrually move faster! Awesome!

"
Doktaduck wrote:
Yeah, curious as to the ascendancy treatment now ...
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
At first I thought that we were getting more Zombies and Skeletons - then after reading the trailing text, I am not sure (if the Tree as well as Ascendancy nodes are rolled into the Gems).

And now I want to see the Gem Level progression. For example, how long (if at all) do we have to wait for that 3rd Skeleton (number of Skeletons cast at once)? I sure hope not Level 20.

So Aggressive Skeletons will Dash toward targets (I guess that Aggressive Zombies will still take the high road and get there after them).
I love these additions to the two minion gems. I'm actually surprised GGG thought that Skeletons and Zombies needed more damage as they levelled. I love that the skills improve in many as they level. The additions are just too good. They must have got a Minion lover to do what they wanted with these gems as these are changes that only minion lovers would see.

I REALLY hope the ascendancy is general. I hated that the last Necro tree had specific nodes for Zombies, Skeletons, and Spectres and left out every other minion. It should have been general. It drives me nuts that the Guardian has a skill-specific ascendancy node (Unwavering Crusade) and the same with the Pathfinder (Master Toxicist). And with the last Necro Ascendancy, if you weren't doing one of the three listed minions, you were forced to take the Convocation node (Invoker) which is a mediocre node (especially for a 4th ascendancy node) for SRS and other minions.

So that being said, the new gems give me hope that this ascendancy is much more thought-through than the previous one was. I can't wait!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi WoD,

I am still loving the zombie skeleton build, thanks again. You state in the guide, *Make sure NONE OF YOUR GEAR in any way adds Cold Damage or we'll get the negative effect of Elemental Equilibrium (node in the Passive Tree), not the positive part." Does this apply to "Add xx cold damage to spells" on a 1H Mace? I am asking because I'm not sure. Thank you.
Last edited by rateyesbig on Aug 28, 2019, 11:02:23 PM
"
Doktaduck wrote:
Just a suggestion for the 3.8 guide, Newbie section.

"
Awesome feedback! I really appreciate it.

Regarding point #1 - I don't want to have too many repetitive comments in my guide. As you mentioned, the information in your point is already in the guide in the gem section, so what would you suggest I do to make it stand out further? Adding it to the Newbie section may be needed but I'd like to avoid it if possible.

Regarding point #2 - This is mentioned very briefly in the Detailed Version of How This Build Functions in Gameplay. But I agree, it's something should be emphasized a bit more for first time players.

Great post! I appreciate the honesty. Let me know if anything else comes to mind.

I agree about duplicating, but your guide is so awesome and detailed, as a true new player these "misses" have a pretty big impact.

Potentially you could look at point forming the information like I have under the "The Guts (Gems/Gear/Tree/Attributes)" "Gem Links" "3 Link - Offering and Corpses" section just before the Gem summary/descriptions...

For point #1 Maybe redo the section like this;
IMPORTANT NOTES: Gem levels ARE important make sure to turn off at the correct level
Turn off Cast When Damage Taken at level 2.This is level 2 because Purifying Flame's Consecrated Ground lvl reqs change at level 12.
Turn off Spirit Offering at level 8 (needs to have lvl 40 or lower req for CWDT to work)
Turn off Purifying Flame at level 12 (needs to have lvl 40 or lower req for CWDT to work)

For this build, Gem order doesn't matter when linking spells to CwDT.

-Cast When Damage Taken (Level 2) - Automatically casts linked spells. Linked spells can't be self casted.
-Purifying Flame (Level 12) - A spell that does some Fire Damage (triggers EE) but also puts Consecrated Ground everywhere which gives life regen to our minions and us.
-Spirit Offering (Level 8)- Consumes up to 9 corpses each providing Energy Shield for our minions. It also provides them with bonus Chaos damage and Resists.

For point #2 yeah you covered it fine in the detailed section, I'm just a nuffy and missed it.. but that in itself was a good learning, so nothing to add here :)

again, thanks for the guide, but also the conversation.
"
rateyesbig wrote:
Hi WoD,

I am still loving the zombie skeleton build, thanks again. You state in the guide, *Make sure NONE OF YOUR GEAR in any way adds Cold Damage or we'll get the negative effect of Elemental Equilibrium (node in the Passive Tree), not the positive part." Does this apply to "Add xx cold damage to spells" on a 1H Mace? I am asking because I'm not sure. Thank you.

Yes, if you are using the Purifying Flame spell listed in the build.

"
They picture an epic slow-mo movie scene where the Necromancer is alone on the battlefield and totally outnumbered. Then the intro to Led Zeppelin's Immigrant song starts and she raises 10 zombies at once and they all start rushing forward kamikaze style.

"
walkjohn55 wrote:
Ok, first things first. When my Minion horde rolls over the ridge and begins wreaking havoc on whatever hapless monsters get in their way, the song that is playing will be the Rolling Stones' Gimme Shelter ...

Huh... When I play this game I always have Spotify running a playlist for the character I'm playing. When my GraveHorde sends forth her minions the following are playing: Bodies by Drowning Pool, Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones, Zombie Zoo by Tom Petty, Zombie Jamboree by Harry Belafonte, Zombie Delight by Buck 69, (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult, The Happy Song by Poets of the Fall, Kick Me by Sleeping with Sirens, Death March by Motionless In White, Time for Tea by Emilie Autumn, Be My Friend by One-Eyed Doll, Monster by Skillet, Zombie Stomp by Ozzy Osbourne and Zombie by The Cranberries.

...Yes, I'm aware that I have very eclectic taste in music.
Last edited by MasterZoen on Aug 29, 2019, 4:58:18 AM
WTF? I tried to edit my post, but instead it quoted my post. I guess I'll just leave this here...

https://youtu.be/ISeuNUASHXc
Last edited by MasterZoen on Aug 29, 2019, 5:02:32 AM
"
rateyesbig wrote:
Hi WoD,

Hey rateyesbig,

I'm glad you are! Thanks!

You are correct. Adding cold damage to any spell that Hits will apply cold damage to enemies via Purifying Flame. If you're using a melee skill, adding cold damage will do the same thing. (If a mod says "adds cold damage" and it doesn't specify Spells, it means Attacks.) It's kinda hard to determine at first cause some mods are local, others are global. It's not 100% true for offensive mods, but most are global. That means they apply to your whole build, not just the gems in that specific item.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense or answer your question.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Aug 29, 2019, 4:38:25 PM
"
Doktaduck wrote:
Spoiler
I agree about duplicating, but your guide is so awesome and detailed, as a true new player these "misses" have a pretty big impact.

Potentially you could look at point forming the information like I have under the "The Guts (Gems/Gear/Tree/Attributes)" "Gem Links" "3 Link - Offering and Corpses" section just before the Gem summary/descriptions...

For point #1 Maybe redo the section like this;
IMPORTANT NOTES: Gem levels ARE important make sure to turn off at the correct level
Turn off Cast When Damage Taken at level 2.This is level 2 because Purifying Flame's Consecrated Ground lvl reqs change at level 12.
Turn off Spirit Offering at level 8 (needs to have lvl 40 or lower req for CWDT to work)
Turn off Purifying Flame at level 12 (needs to have lvl 40 or lower req for CWDT to work)

For this build, Gem order doesn't matter when linking spells to CwDT.

-Cast When Damage Taken (Level 2) - Automatically casts linked spells. Linked spells can't be self casted.
-Purifying Flame (Level 12) - A spell that does some Fire Damage (triggers EE) but also puts Consecrated Ground everywhere which gives life regen to our minions and us.
-Spirit Offering (Level 8)- Consumes up to 9 corpses each providing Energy Shield for our minions. It also provides them with bonus Chaos damage and Resists.

For point #2 yeah you covered it fine in the detailed section, I'm just a nuffy and missed it.. but that in itself was a good learning, so nothing to add here :)

again, thanks for the guide, but also the conversation.
I do talk a lot...it's easy to miss. Good points and suggestions. I'll see what I can do.

Annnnnd

"
MasterZoen wrote:
Huh... When I play this game I always have Spotify running a playlist for the character I'm playing. When my GraveHorde sends forth her minions the following are playing: Bodies by Drowning Pool, Paint It Black by The Rolling Stones, Zombie Zoo by Tom Petty, Zombie Jamboree by Harry Belafonte, Zombie Delight by Buck 69, (Don't Fear) The Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult, The Happy Song by Poets of the Fall, Kick Me by Sleeping with Sirens, Death March by Motionless In White, Time for Tea by Emilie Autumn, Be My Friend by One-Eyed Doll, Monster by Skillet, Zombie Stomp by Ozzy Osbourne and Zombie by The Cranberries.

...Yes, I'm aware that I have very eclectic taste in music.
Maybe Zombies respond differently to different music. We'll have to find out when the new gems are released ;).

Annnnnd

IT HAS BEGUN! New Necro Asc.

I'm thinking 12 is a must, which means 8 is a must.

So what about the next two. I don't really want to "require" corpses to be around as I would have Descecrate linked to CwDT. So corpse perks wouldn't be planned around, just perks if they happen. Turning Skeletons into bombs makes the More Life in 10 pretty sexy. And it'd benefit the Zombies well too.

The extra AoE from 4 would be really cool for the Zombies Slam, Infernal Legion AoE, and the Skeletons exploding, but I don't like the circumstance requirement.

Commander of Darkness (16) hasn't changed and is a really nice compliment to 10.

Possible 3.8 Gem links
5/6 - Zombies - Minion Damage - Feeding Frenzy - Minion Life - Fortify - ?
4 - Skel - Infernal Legion - Minion Damage - Minion Life
4 - CwDT1 - Ball Lightning 4 - Curse on Hit - Enfeeble
4 - CwDT1 - Flesh Off 8 - Desecrate 7 - Phase Run 3
3 - Hatred - Generosity, Carrion Golem
3 - Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Enhance

Or

5/6 - Zombies - Minion Damage - Feeding Frenzy - Minion Life - Fortify - (?)
4 - Skeletons - Infernal Legion - Minion Damage - Minion Life
4 - melee skill (w/ lightning) - Fortify - Curse on Hit - Enfeeble
4 - Hatred - Generosity, Holy Relic, Carrion Golem
3 - CwDT1 - Desecrate 7 - Flesh Offering 8
3 - Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Enhance
So what do you think? I'm pretty confident that the gems that I listed will stay now that I've seen the new Necromancer. So what are your thoughts on 8, 10, 12, 16?

I gotta say though, it's an awesome ascendancy. I can't think of one minion that doesn't have good options with this tree. Good job GGG.

Oh! Right, the reason I'm not going to switch over to Energy Shield for the Necromancer is that stun is based on LIFE. So the higher the life, the less likely you'll be stunned. Back in the day when this build was all ES, getting stunned was how I died 90% of the time hands down. But since the only Stun options for ES are either Gear or the Occultist, I won't find much value in going getting excited over any ES perks in the ascendancy:(. Chaos damage is much more relevant now with the Syndicate and all the recent enemy changes...so even a hybrid character with good Chaos Resist needs to heal really fast if they want to live.

Anyway, good talk.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Aug 30, 2019, 7:18:53 PM
I think that I am going to have to think some more ....

But as a first cut

12 looks so sweet (+2 to Minion Skill Gems)
8 is required to get 12 (general Buff Package to Minions)
10 because I would like a sturdier Witch and the entry fee (8) is covered

Last one ... depends if I buy into the exploding Skeletons or not (I will be very interested in the feedback from PC during the Console "waiting period")

Sticking with no-bomb for now, I lean toward 2 (Mistress of Darkness) for the extended duration (not the Offering stuff). I want my Skeletons running rampant on auto pilot for longer (while the Witch looks after number one).

But yeah, active Corpse Management sounds like .... work.

I see that I can try fitting in some Meat Shield Spectres without any Ascendancy requirements. And I would guess that the revamped Spectre Gem means that the whole Spectre process will be easier.

I have never played Energy Shield and unless WOD spec's it out, I doubt that I will be taking that plunge.
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info