3.7| Stress Free PoE - SLOW-MO ZOMBIES |Clear the Atlas with YOUR Items at YOUR Pace (SSF & Co-op)

Love Wreckers builds ! new player here (actually my account was made in beta July 2012 and I played there but got dragged away by guild into other games) so not played since 2012 😵

Played his Holy Totem guide for a week to get used to not using WASD again lol, just spent 2 days playing the 3.6 SLOMO zombies in standard and getting ready for my first league 🤯

So looking forward to running this or Vortex for my first league char

BIG thanks to WreckerofDays for their hard work in putting it all together into somehting a complete noob to this game can understand 🌞🌞
~ If it moves, kill it ~
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:

I've decided to use your build as a starter on SSF in Legion and see how far it'll get me.
Thanks mate!

My experience so far is that the Build works quite well in SSF - but I cannot say anything about what Legion might be changing. I think that the Build can likely carry you into yellow maps with minimal skill levels, into lower reds with some familiarity with the Build, and further if you have skills (like avoiding Boss one shot mechanics).

SynFB_SloMo_onthePath was my starter Character in Xbox Synthesis Flashback as an example. The Mon'Tregul's Grasp and the Chalice of Horrors were premeditated choices on my part, but the Amulet was just an opportunistic acquisition. I rolled the 6-link after about 90 tries (woohoo - but I did boost the item quality to 34% first).

One levelling tip courtesy of me reading Enki's Arc Witch Guide: replace Fireball with Freezing Pulse as soon as you can - I found it so much better than thrashing about with Fireball.

Edit: the sooner you get Vaal Skeletons going the better - really, really helps with tough opponents (conditions permitting of course).

Thanks for tips, appreciate the help, was also eyeballing Mon'Tregul's Grasp since 2 of them dropped for me last league (might not be so lucky this time though).
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
Sorry, more questions;

- I see in the wiki daggers also can't be used with consecrated path, correct?
- Any benefit going for shield versus dual wielding or vice versa?

Just under 25 hours to go :D

Once you get your minions going, almost all of the damage that you deal comes from your Zombies and Skeletons. So helpful criteria for weapon choice are, what makes my Minions better, what keeps the Witch alive, and I usually add what lets the Witch apply the buffs and debuffs better. So if you are thinking of dual wielding beyond levelling, I suspect it comes down to what the chosen weapons do for you (bearing in mind that the damage that the Witch does directly really does not matter past having some elemental damage other than Cold) versus what a weapon and shield does.

Yes, I will need to get used to not being the main damage dealer (in terms of weapons).
"
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
Sorry, more questions;

- I see in the wiki daggers also can't be used with consecrated path, correct?
- Any benefit going for shield versus dual wielding or vice versa?

Just under 25 hours to go :D

Once you get your minions going, almost all of the damage that you deal comes from your Zombies and Skeletons. So helpful criteria for weapon choice are, what makes my Minions better, what keeps the Witch alive, and I usually add what lets the Witch apply the buffs and debuffs better. So if you are thinking of dual wielding beyond levelling, I suspect it comes down to what the chosen weapons do for you (bearing in mind that the damage that the Witch does directly really does not matter past having some elemental damage other than Cold) versus what a weapon and shield does.
walkjohn55 always gives good answers so I'll make mine quick. Daggers cannot be used with Consecrated Path, correct. The Shield vs. Dual W. is like walkjohn55 said. It's the choice between offense and defense. You can roll minion damage and life on weapons (it's one mod). So you could always double up until survivability becomes an issue (if it ever does). I always use shields in my builds because...well it's for no good reason...it's just cause shields are my favourite. :)

And ask as much as you like. There are many helpful people that follow some of these threads. We all want everyone to understand and like PoE.

Don't worry, I'll be asking :)
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:

Thanks for tips, appreciate the help, was also eyeballing Mon'Tregul's Grasp since 2 of them dropped for me last league (might not be so lucky this time though).

If you decide to go with Mon'Treguls(trade or drop) make sure you don't have any 'Add Fire Damage to Attacks' or else it won't really do much Damage thanks to EE!

Learned that the hard way when I used this for Skeletons:

Hello Wrecker,

New player here too! My friend convinced me to give PoE a try at late Synthesis and I leveled as a bane occultist, while reading through other occultist builds, came across your guide and found out about the zombies! So I am following the 3.6 guide and loving it.

That said, I would like to ask what would you recommend from a more range perspective instead of melee and being in the fray. I have tried both charged dash and consecrated path, and I found the dashing and sudden movements make me severely nauseous (yes, bad case of vertigo and motion sickness) and I have resorted to wanding using power siphon to apply enfeeble and EE. If I am staying more at range, would shifting away from some of the life nodes and putting them into mana reservation for more auras be more beneficial? And since being range means getting hit less, would hard casting spirit offering and desecrate work (though it is quite clunky I noticed).

Thank you for your input in advance!
"
Masterspell wrote:
Hello again,

I played your build in Betrayal in HC (lvl 86 still alive), well I changed it a bit with mage skells,
but the double defense auras temp chain+ enfeeble were really strong.

This league i want to play your build again in HC, but i will try some "melee" changes like lacerate or sunder and go full for phys. dmg.
I think the new gems are quite handsome for this like "Flesh and Stone" aura and impale and pulverise support
Hey Masterspell,

I'm glad you enjoyed last league! It's fun to modify, especially if you like it! :)

Ya, the new skill and game mechanics can change lots with this build. Especially if you take the curse efficiency and love of chill out. You get LOTS of options.

Have fun with your build! It sounds like lots of fun!
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
0nyX wrote:
Love Wreckers builds ! new player here (actually my account was made in beta July 2012 and I played there but got dragged away by guild into other games) so not played since 2012 😵

Played his Holy Totem guide for a week to get used to not using WASD again lol, just spent 2 days playing the 3.6 SLOMO zombies in standard and getting ready for my first league 🤯

So looking forward to running this or Vortex for my first league char

BIG thanks to WreckerofDays for their hard work in putting it all together into somehting a complete noob to this game can understand 🌞🌞
Hey 0nyX,

Thanks a lot. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to be thankful. I'm happy that there are some new players that can grasp the game based on how I explain things. It's easy to not realize I'm assuming some time of knowledge when explaining anything. So let me know if the guide is missing anything that would have been helpful.

Thanks for your thanks and I hope you like this new league! Ask as much as you like :)

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Spoiler
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:
"
walkjohn55 wrote:
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:

I've decided to use your build as a starter on SSF in Legion and see how far it'll get me.
Thanks mate!

My experience so far is that the Build works quite well in SSF - but I cannot say anything about what Legion might be changing. I think that the Build can likely carry you into yellow maps with minimal skill levels, into lower reds with some familiarity with the Build, and further if you have skills (like avoiding Boss one shot mechanics).

SynFB_SloMo_onthePath was my starter Character in Xbox Synthesis Flashback as an example. The Mon'Tregul's Grasp and the Chalice of Horrors were premeditated choices on my part, but the Amulet was just an opportunistic acquisition. I rolled the 6-link after about 90 tries (woohoo - but I did boost the item quality to 34% first).

One levelling tip courtesy of me reading Enki's Arc Witch Guide: replace Fireball with Freezing Pulse as soon as you can - I found it so much better than thrashing about with Fireball.

Edit: the sooner you get Vaal Skeletons going the better - really, really helps with tough opponents (conditions permitting of course).
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:

Sooooo many fun items to play with. I love this game. I know you weren't saying you were going to use two, but just a heads up that Mon't's 50% zombie reduction is additive. So if you dual wielded them, your max zombie limit would be 0. I love that weapon though.

Annnnnd

"
Guru1619 wrote:
"
GreyBrainCell wrote:

If you decide to go with Mon'Treguls(trade or drop) make sure you don't have any 'Add Fire Damage to Attacks' or else it won't really do much Damage thanks to EE!

Learned that the hard way when I used this for Skeletons:

Good point! I forgot for a moment that I changed our damage element from Lightning (3.6) to Fire.

For those new to PoE, if something says "Added Fire Damage" with no other specifications, it means it's applying that mod to Attacks. It'll specify spells ("Added Fire Damage to Spells") if it's for spells. Those mods don't add to all skills. They only add to Attacks OR Spells.

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jun 7, 2019, 12:36:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info