3.9 Caustic Arrow Trickster

Hey all this is a Caustic Arrow trickster build guide i ran this during the synthesis FB finished top 600 and rank 1 for CA in softcore with less then 30 deaths.

If you have any Questions on the guide feel free to msg me in game or can catch me sometimes live at https://www.twitch.tv/thedynamicduffy/

so far going into 3.9 our bow takes a nerf as we lose the + support gems and vicious proj support crafts so a loss in damage sadly

PoB
Spoiler
More evasion build https://pastebin.com/UGTP2umN

More life and damage build https://pastebin.com/g3pc1CQG

For better look at gear/gems please use the PoB link till i can get this all fixed

Pros/Cons
Spoiler
Pros
1.Cheap and easy to get going
2.lots of evasion
3.good for mapping as we can run both ele and phys reflect maps
4.Safe build

Cons
1.Slow to start but builds up fast
2.DoT Build
3.can feel slow for mapping
4.can get expensive
5.needs a certain few crafts to make the Bow

Acendancey Start with Patient reaper then Prolonged Pain then Ghost dance and finally Escape artist

Gear For leveling

Focus on resists and life i managed this to act 9-10 on a tabular rasa and a quill rain easy

Sorry cant link my items as for some reason it wont let me. Help if you can.

Gear for end game again make sure to be resist capped aim for 30% movespeed boots.

Helm I ran with the Gull then a high ES rolled hubris to make good use of the ascendancy choices granting more evasion. Alternatively you can run a kaom's heart chest for big life and swapping helm for something with high life/resists

Chest i went Queen of the forest but any good armour works just focus on life resist and evasion. kaom's heart can be used for big life i managed 7k life

Rings i went for stats stick coral rings for life and strength/int when needed

same for necklace

Gloves life resist

Boots move speed life resist

belt Life resists

Quiver I went for a ilvl 85 shaper Penetrating arrow quiver and aimed for Bow attacks fire an additional Arrow.

Bow now has been nerfed Thanks GGG we can no longer roll + support mods or vicious proj roll

Fastest way to a 6L bow without constant fuseing spam or buying a 6l is to farm the divination card : Imperial Legacy you do need 22 i know thats alot however are farmed easy in Desert, Desert Spring, Dunes, Pillars of Arun, The Foothills, The Oasis and The Vastiri Desert. At league start they normallly price out at 1-3 chaos each. The only down side to this as it will be an Ilvl 100 bow is you CANNOT use Prismatic fossils instead of Jagged.

Bow Crafting
Spoiler
Bow crafting NOTE: Fossil crafting method is currently the cheapest way to craft +3 bow. It's not a guarantee, but is the best & Cheapest

Requirement: 6-linked bow ilvl 64+
Method: Corroded + Metallic + Jagged

Spam 3-fossil combo until you hit +2 Socketed Bow Gems AND +1 Socketed Gems

once you hit the gem levels then look to craft on the bow with
36-40% Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier

NOTE: You can also use Prismatic Fossil instead of Jagged, but the bow HAS TO be within 64-82 ilvl.

Need more Giraffes!
Last edited by thedynamicduffy on Jan 1, 2020, 1:57:59 PM
Last bumped on Feb 2, 2020, 2:23:44 PM
Hey there... Really looking at this because of Legion mechanic. Anything in 3.7 that hurts this build? Also how is your boss damage? Shaper/Elder viable?
Curious if you tried this in 3.8? How'd it do? Any changes for 3.9?
so far going into 3.9 nothing has changed in terms of nerfs the buffs to Caustic arrow however gives us more damage.
Need more Giraffes!
"
so far going into 3.9 nothing has changed in terms of nerfs the buffs to Caustic arrow however gives us more damage.

RIP vicious proj bows
Never forget - "With dexterous feet and steady eye, stones and arrows pass you by"
"
fataleast wrote:
"

RIP vicious proj bows

Not sure what you mean by RIP they still can be obtained just harder now sadly
Need more Giraffes!
"
"
fataleast wrote:
"

RIP vicious proj bows

Not sure what you mean by RIP they still can be obtained just harder now sadly

you cant roll it, Elder mod %phys dmg+support gem got removed
Never forget - "With dexterous feet and steady eye, stones and arrows pass you by"

RIP vicious proj bows[/quote]

Not sure what you mean by RIP they still can be obtained just harder now sadly [/quote]

you cant roll it, Elder mod %phys dmg+support gem got removed[/quote]

i cant seem to see that change anywere on the patch notes
Need more Giraffes!
"

you cant roll it, Elder mod %phys dmg+support gem got removed

i cant seem to see that change anywere on the patch notes [/quote]

nevermind i see now
Need more Giraffes!
Yo
i was wondering can i add you ingame , i'm fairly new to poe and wanna try out your build. thank for ur time!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info