[3.7] Legion Facebreaker Cyclone Berserker 7 Mil Shaper DPS!

Hello! Welcome to my Facebreaker build. It should be noted that this is a work in progress so please feel free to add to or make suggestions for the build. I was able to get the build to about 11 mil DPS/7 mil Shaper DPS in the recent POB update. With the help of the gracious comment section, the build now sits at roughly 6200 health. Pretty reasonable for the berserker ascendancy. Now that POB updated cyclone to a channeling skill, we can start to play around with our item/skill combinations.

This build uses a lot of unique items so I would not consider this an ideal league starter. However, Facebreaker is very cheap (around 3chaos for a 780%+). Lycosidae is at a remarkable 10c and Belly of the beast is already 25c! Everyone has been talking about how the economy is insane over the last couple of days, so I expect some of these prices to fluctuate.

----------GEAR-------------

Spoiler
Offhand: Lycosidae is a good choice here. Since we are a crit based build and want to avoid picking up Resolute Technique, we will have to find some way to increase our accuracy. Luckily, with the new 3.7 passive tree, we can achieve high accuracy much more easily. If you choose to find a substitute for Lycosidae, you may need to switch up your passive tree to account for this.

Helmet: (For damage) Abyssus - Lots of flat physical damage and good stats. Taking this over Devoto's will get you up to 1 mil dps easy, but you may find the movement and attack speed a little slower than desired. I think my personal preference is to try Abyssus first.

(For utility) Devoto's devotion - Increased attack spd and move speed always helps cyclone feel good. Plus, Devoto's is a staple component of cyclone builds at this point, so it's definitely worth trying out.

Body Armor: Loreweave - If you can get a Loreweave with a high roll to physical damage, you will increase your DPS significantly. The max being an additional 10-36 phys damage. I would suggest this only if your elemental resistances are high already.

Carcass Jack helps improve our low range with unarmed and should be enough to make cyclone feel a little meatier.

Belly of the Beast is your top pick (and my personal choice) if you favor all resistances and increased health.

You could use a Kaom's Heart, but the added fire damage wouldn't do anything for you unless you switched to Tectonic Slam or Infernal Blow. Plus the no socket restriction means that your cyclone is limited to a 4-link. This hurts your damage significantly and I do not recommend it.

Gloves: Facebreaker Obviously

Boots: I suggest a pair of rare boots here. With our current setup there aren't too many other choices that increase our DPS or survivability enough to sacrifice those elemental resistances.

Amulet: Rigwald'd Talisman - Since we are a crit-based build, we need to use Rigwald's to give us that juicy base crit on our unarmed attacks. As noted in the facebreaker mega guide I linked below

Rings: Steel Rings are the best fit here. A pair of well rolled steel rings will yield a large power boost. I've experimented with a Mark of the Elder/Rare Shaper ring combo but found that it was better to focus on resistances.

Belt: Meginord's Girdle is amazing here and is regarded as best in slot in pretty much every Facebreaker I've looked at. Flat Phys, +Str, 10% Life, etc...

----------SKILL GEMS-------------

Spoiler
Work in Progress

----------BANDITS-------------

Spoiler
Definitely go Alira if you are following my build to the tee. We receive the below benefits for this choice:

5 Mana Regenerated per second
+20% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+15% to all Elemental Resistances

The other choices are...

Oak - This is not a bad choice because it increases our damage as well as giving us a little Phys resist.

1% of Life Regenerated per second
2% additional Physical Damage Reduction
20% increased Physical Damage

Kraityn - No

6% increased Attack and Cast Speed (this is actually ~ok~)
33.3~% chance to build your character poorly
69% chance to become a meme build
100% chance to get bullied at school

As is outlined here https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Deal_with_the_Bandits

----------POB LINK-------------

Huge thanks to these pages for detailed information on how Facebreaker can be used to achieve a successful build:

Due to work and other responsibilites, I do not have time to test my builds anymore. Please keep in mind that these builds are typically meant to be a theorycraft for other players and I post them here to share with the community. Please feel free to be inspired by what I've written here and create your own build. I do ask that you please cite my material if you use it in your own build. Also, the comments section has a habit of knowing how to optimize my builds better than I ever could. Make sure to do some research and ask the community if you aren't sure about specific interactions.
Uh oh, Stinky
Last edited by BDZLE on Jul 31, 2019, 8:27:01 AM
Last bumped on Jul 31, 2019, 8:18:16 AM
Why would you go crit+fb+bers and DONT take flawless savagery? Aspect of carnage kinda gives you more dmg, but u kinda dead with melee+abyssus+carnage. Also Rite of Ruin is must have for cyclone imho - 20% ms is big, and since u aren't using devoto helmet (for quit obvious reason) 20% ms is even bigger. Cyclone just feels bad on low ms.

My plan on this build is to take savagery and ruin and then smg else - depending on what i will need.

Tree looks smg like this https://pastebin.com/9w04nabt

This tree gives you:
More or less same dmg
less life BUT less dmg taken, more life leech, more block chance
Endurance and frenzy charges are generated from the tree
More ms
More aoe
1 less jewel but 11 less point used as well

Aggressive bastion, Charging Offensive and Claws of pride are amazing 25% dmg and 15% attack speed on one node? Hell ye! (claws nodes are bugged in PoB btw - %dmg doesn't count)
Brinkmanship is must have for clear - big aoe nodes and u are right next to them.

About auras - Herald of Purity (25%), not ash. Hatred is bad - new pure phys aura (pride) is better (50% if you use it), if you use them you are pure phys so you can go ez brutality for more dmg (I'm not sure about brutality cause of flasks - havent thought about them yet). Also new aura - flesh and stone (25%). You better use is with blood and sand - defensive side of it looks really good too (10%). As for curses - yes assassin's mark - from the ring or as aura.

And yes - hatred is just bad. Herald of purity+ash will give you more dmg for the same mana and there're a lot of auras you can use now. MB you will be able to use banner + new acc aura to get another shield - i have no idea how new numbers work here.

Is you go with ring then you can run all of these auras with a bit mana reservation reduction (it is 110% total). If you go with curse aura... i would drop pride then and have 95% mana reserved with no reduction. Since cyclone is 2 mana now i guess 5% mana would be enough.

And ofc support gems should be changed. Infused channeling is awesome - one of the best dmg gems AND it has phys dmg taken reduction. Pulverise looks just wow. Rage support mb. Fortify is better now if u will need more deff (and u can ez take fortify nodes). There's a lot going on with support gems. We will need to see what is better here.

All things consider - there should me much more dps with this tree then PoB shows now.

P.S. Also consider carcass jack at least for clear - huge aoe.

UPD Rage support work only with weapons, so...

Last edited by agarwean on Jun 6, 2019, 12:34:57 PM
Worth a look. Thx
that build is bad for 1 reason and 1 reason only your aoe radius is 7 lmao i will never use cyclone with that small radius its just not worth it

and your move speed is way too slow
Last edited by higelac12345 on Jun 6, 2019, 11:05:17 PM
here this with starforge no flasks no auras no buffs nothing just to show you the radius with increased area and without the new op gems obviously the gems will change tomorrow but look at this 35 radius i cover 5 times more area then you lol

https://pastebin.com/4VfvikpW
Yes, all these guys are 100% right - 2 handers have more then x2 base radius. THat's why i went all-in on aoe. But 2handed will always be better for clear. And as far as i can see FB doesnt do much more dmg (if at all).

So strictly saying - fb cyclone is a "bad" build. But if you dont care about clear speed and playing only the best builds and so on. If you just want to play fb cyclone because it's cool - then you can go with it. You can close all content with it imho.

About ms - idk,you can hit 150+ms ez with it. Not the hugest number ever but it's playable.

Also impale worth looking.
Last edited by agarwean on Jun 7, 2019, 5:09:19 AM
I was looking into playing a facebreaker build with cyclone as well - especially since there is 56-85 added phys attack dmg on a 20/20 gem. Seems to me that the facebreaker multiplier interacts with this added dmg or am I missing something?

Also, impale seems to work without weapon (...), so wouldn't the reworked Champion Ascendancy "Master of Metal – 20% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks. Impales you inflict last 2 additional hits. If you’ve impaled an Enemy recently, you and nearby Allies have +1000 to Armour. You and nearby Allies Deal 6 – 12 added Physical Damage for each Impale on Enemy." do wonders as well?

Haven't played for a while so I might be missing some mechanic that negates that but seems a bit broken...
Last edited by PedroBotero on Jun 7, 2019, 7:09:27 AM
Thank you for all the input! I will definitely take all of this into consideration and edit things. I think I should have mentioned that my main goal with this build is to do something "different" for a change. Following the meta in POE has always felt very repetitive and boring for me. Cyclone looks like fun with FB, but I do see how that range will really detriment the build. There's is also an unfortunate lack of resistances on this particular setup. Back to the drawing board on this one for now.

"
PedroBotero wrote:
I was looking into playing a facebreaker build with cyclone as well - especially since there is 56-85 added phys attack dmg on a 20/20 gem. Seems to me that the facebreaker multiplier interacts with this added dmg or am I missing something?

Also, impale seems to work without weapon (...), so wouldn't the reworked Champion Ascendancy "Master of Metal – 20% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks. Impales you inflict last 2 additional hits. If you’ve impaled an Enemy recently, you and nearby Allies have +1000 to Armour. You and nearby Allies Deal 6 – 12 added Physical Damage for each Impale on Enemy." do wonders as well?

Haven't played for a while so I might be missing some mechanic that negates that but seems a bit broken...

I'm hoping cyclone's phys damage will boost the power of FB like you mentioned. I'm interested to see how impale will interact with unarmed. I will definitely add it to the list of gems and try it out when I get the chance.
Uh oh, Stinky
Last edited by BDZLE on Jun 7, 2019, 8:52:18 AM
"
agarwean wrote:
Why would you go crit+fb+bers and DONT take flawless savagery? Aspect of carnage kinda gives you more dmg, but u kinda dead with melee+abyssus+carnage. Also Rite of Ruin is must have for cyclone imho - 20% ms is big, and since u aren't using devoto helmet (for quit obvious reason) 20% ms is even bigger. Cyclone just feels bad on low ms.

My plan on this build is to take savagery and ruin and then smg else - depending on what i will need.

Tree looks smg like this https://pastebin.com/9w04nabt

This tree gives you:
More or less same dmg
less life BUT less dmg taken, more life leech, more block chance
Endurance and frenzy charges are generated from the tree
More ms
More aoe
1 less jewel but 11 less point used as well

Aggressive bastion, Charging Offensive and Claws of pride are amazing 25% dmg and 15% attack speed on one node? Hell ye! (claws nodes are bugged in PoB btw - %dmg doesn't count)
Brinkmanship is must have for clear - big aoe nodes and u are right next to them.

About auras - Herald of Purity (25%), not ash. Hatred is bad - new pure phys aura (pride) is better (50% if you use it), if you use them you are pure phys so you can go ez brutality for more dmg (I'm not sure about brutality cause of flasks - havent thought about them yet). Also new aura - flesh and stone (25%). You better use is with blood and sand - defensive side of it looks really good too (10%). As for curses - yes assassin's mark - from the ring or as aura.

And yes - hatred is just bad. Herald of purity+ash will give you more dmg for the same mana and there're a lot of auras you can use now. MB you will be able to use banner + new acc aura to get another shield - i have no idea how new numbers work here.

Is you go with ring then you can run all of these auras with a bit mana reservation reduction (it is 110% total). If you go with curse aura... i would drop pride then and have 95% mana reserved with no reduction. Since cyclone is 2 mana now i guess 5% mana would be enough.

And ofc support gems should be changed. Infused channeling is awesome - one of the best dmg gems AND it has phys dmg taken reduction. Pulverise looks just wow. Rage support mb. Fortify is better now if u will need more deff (and u can ez take fortify nodes). There's a lot going on with support gems. We will need to see what is better here.

All things consider - there should me much more dps with this tree then PoB shows now.

P.S. Also consider carcass jack at least for clear - huge aoe.

UPD Rage support work only with weapons, so...

Lots of helpful advice here. Thank you!

I'm taking the build back into POB today and will likely post an updated version before Legion drops today. This is my first league trying to make serious builds so I'm not too great at knowing what the key combinations of gear or abilities are yet. Herald of Purity is looking great over Hatred and Herald of Ash. I'm excited to give this a try!
Uh oh, Stinky
Its clear that allot of replies here dont understand some core mechanics in the game, especially regarding FB.

It is true however that the radius on FB is not going to be good.
So this wont be a good clearspeed build.

You will also need very good defenses and probably better movespeed to make it viable + feelGoodMan.

I always build FB builds - have since the gloves came out 8 years ago - and will definitely make one this league, just not sure if its going to be a viable starter. Clearspeed not going to be good.
For bosskiller will be good later though I am thinking.
[FORGE] Guild /view-thread/1664516
[SHOP] /view-thread/393743
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want to join a MULTI-GAMING community including one of POE's oldest guilds???
==> https://gamersforge.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info