Preview of Early-Game Monster Rebalance

The game having more of Dark Souls mechanic where you dodge around, look for openings and actually play the game and less of a Lineage 2 mechanic where you're just spamming your skill(s) is a very good way of changing.
The only 3 major problems PoE has are:
1. Oneshot mechanics. If some boss is going to kill a character in 1 hit, it should be player's mistake that causes character death, not any other scenario. The hit should be clearly telegraphed, and ways of escape should be more or less clear, as well as giving enough time to stop attacking and escape if you've noticed the sign.
2. On-death and off-screen burstdowns. Porcupines is just an example of bad gamedesign: if the game rewards fast playstyle, it should not be at the same time discouraged by obstacles like this. Also, it leads to severe unevenness of experience, when you can easily kill the map boss, but are sometimes kust bursted down by a mob pack that you have already killed and can't do anything to escape (unlike the bearers, which is a fun mechanic). Delve screamers are another example of such problem: players should see they're going to get in harm's way, and screamers can scream from offscreen.
3. Visibility. Everything is so flashy that actually seing stuff that can be important is often impossible.
EK visual buff into Jade Knife!
"
Innomen wrote:
Just give us approved characters. It's clear you hate build diversity and engagement control.

"build diversity" does not mean "facetank everything".

things will get interesting.
more combat improvements coming in 3.8 and 3.9.

guess we'll have to relearn a few things before 4.0 hits.
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
you could and should work more in map bosses to be more challenging and specially: more REWARDING.
I don't think ppl are excited to fight brutus or kuduku in ledge. Really.
I appreciate the job, but cmon GGG....
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! hype! hype! hype!
finaly!
MOM IAM HAPED MOOOM!!!!

A W E S O M E

Spoiler
srsly?
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by TauOrigin on May 30, 2019, 9:35:22 PM
Just curious, what movement skill is the assassin using (the green icon)?
Newbie here.
Nice!
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
is that movement skill "charge" from d2? :D
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
hadoyama wrote:
Just curious, what movement skill is the assassin using (the green icon)?
Newbie here.
Dash, a new movement skill available at level 4.
"
Blakwhysper wrote:
…. correct me if im wrong here, but aren't monster melee hits calculated as a hit or miss once their animation starts? so you can't be close enough when they start their swing, and avoid the targeted attack by stepping away?

In the hillock portion, is it a series of dodges or has this changed?!

It's been mentioned before in Announcements that hits are going to be determined by the point in the animation where a hit would logically occur. Allowing players to more sensibly evade attacks by simply... moving out of the way before a hit lands.

Effectively meaning all/most attacks from an enemy has a wind up to some degree.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on May 30, 2019, 10:20:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info