An Update Regarding Delve and Betrayal Content

This is why PoE Dev is so amazing - "believe it is overall the right choice for the quality of the game and the health of our team.". We dont see this in any other game dev. So please do what you guys think best and we'll keep playing :D
For those who want a "short" version.

Spoiler
My English is by far not perfect, but i'm trying to do as few mistakes as possible.

TL/DR: Just give us a possibility to block betrayal or at least implement any warning (before the Intervention-Event is about to begin)... For example: Put Jun at the starting point of a map, if this map have betrayal on it.
In this way i could go out and start a new map (would be sad for the map and could fck up my mappool but at least i could save 10% xpand i would stay sane)

First of all my laptop doesn't have the best specs... BY VERY FAR.
I look forward to the changes in the past league mechanics, but please give "us" (and i mean "ME" in particular) an option to disable Betrayal.
I don't have mayor issues with any other part of the game. Sometimes i have small FPS-drops here and there (at beyond with a massive pack) but there is nothing, which makes the game UNPLAYABLE, except for Betrayal.
In the Synthesis-League i burned out very fast because the screen-freezes when the Intervention-Encounter begun.
I was afraid of doing maps... every time i entered a new map i had one thought: "PLEASE! I hope the Syndicate isn't on this map".

If they are on the map:
- Intervention-Event starts
- i see the portal
- game freezes for around 3 seconds
- i have the dialogue-screen: "You're dead" (or whatever stands there), while i still have Life/Energy Shield
- the freeze is gone after 2-3 more seconds and i can finally respawn
- Intervention-Event is gone, i lost 10% xp and was pissed.

BTW: I was planning to play Hardcore in Synthesis but with this Betrayal-Shit (sorry for that!) i cant...
So please i beg you, i don't care if you guys can't fix the problem with betrayal (i don't think, that i'm the only one who have this problem) in 3.7, as long as you give us a possibility to block/ignore it.

If i think bout the other past league mechanics...
Delve: "You don't want to go into the mine? Then dont click the sulphite"
Incursion: "You don't want to? Ignore Alva!"
Bestiary: "You can't kill the beasts? Run over them or cancel the map"
And so on...
You can ignore EVERYTHING, except for Betrayal... they will jump on you and they don't care if you wanna fight them or not. No Warning, no hint, NOTHING...
Don't get me wrong, i liked the Betrayal League but with the problems we (obviously i mean "I") have... it's not really healthy for the game.

My English is by far not perfect, but i'm trying to do as few mistakes as possible.

TL/DR: Just give us a possibility to block betrayal or at least implement any warning (before the Intervention-Event is about to begin)... For example: Put Jun at the starting point of a map, if this map have betrayal on it.
In this way i could go out and start a new map (would be sad for the map and could fck up my mappool but at least i could save 10% xp and i would stay sane)
Last edited by EisadlerHP on May 30, 2019, 5:45:01 PM
A proper solution is better than a rushed one indeed and atleast the betrayal lag kinda got fixed (i hear not for everyone), but i hope the loading improvements that were talked about in the "betrayal lag" post that you (GGG) made, are coming soon. I mean the maps that have betrayal in them still stutter somewhat after the loading screen.

Not really a fan of this spreadsheet requiring mechanic tbh though. Getting the crafts is also WAY harder than it needs to be. I also am not a fan of interventions popping out of nowhere.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on May 30, 2019, 5:45:47 PM
just remove intervention for a league, betrayal would be fixed and perfectly fine in that state. im sure all the rewards you remove this way could just be slotted in somewhere else.
Wrong Bex, this is exactly the kind of response we apprechiate.

I am not able to take on that task in that timeframe without the more pressing work suffering as a consequence" is too rare of a concession from devs.

Delve and Betrayal arent perfect, but refined enough to bring a lot of good things to the game in their present forms. Perfecting them doesnt have to take priority over giving us new experiences and adventures in Wraeclast.
"
Waitubold wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:
"
Waitubold wrote:
Apparently, though, that has to wait until 3.8... which is a real shame, because instantly-fatal Betrayal lag may just keep me from playing 3.7 at all.

or you could play SC.

just sayin'.

if it's a fight between me getting to play my favorite game and and me showing off my epeen, I know what wins for me.

I do play SC. Losing 10% of my level progress to a 100% unavoidable technical issue still sucks badly enough to discourage participation. "Epeen" has nothing do with anything here.

Agreed 100% Im a SC player too and I dont mind losing 10% when I screw up but I feel cheated out of my 10% when the game just takes it from me via broken mechanics.

Ever notice that most times ppl who use the phrase "just sayin' " seldom have anything to say "worth hearin'? "
I skipped Betrayal league, and I continue to skip the content (except for the guys who CONSTANTLY TELEPORT TO YOU AND YOU CAN'T AVOID). It's trash and overly complicated, remove it.
"
it is overall the right choice for the quality of the game

Leaving in content that literally crashes or makes the game unplayable for a certain amount of the population (whether they have SSD's or not) is not good for the over all quality of the game.

Betrayal has been a massive issue since it was added to the game. I honestly believe it should not have gone core but the entire crafting system was reworked around it. That doesn't seem like a trial / experimental League. That's a solid FU to the people who don't dig it and are now forced to engage with it every single league thereafter in order to get necessary crafts for their gear.

Get a better team that does not create these problems at the first place.
Get a bigger team that can work on these problems.
But i guess it's easier to play the "we care for our people too much to solve these problems" card.
Works great with kids that see you as the superhero company that delivers free games.
I really think it's a miracle you lasted this long.
If fixing Betrayal is not in time in 3.7, it should be disabled temporarily. For another three months, experiencing unreasonable death every time Syndicate appears will make many players uncomfortable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info