Steelskin and the Guard Skills

Given how hard melee attacks and those porcupine cast-on-death quills can hit, I'll probably be greatly hindered by the Immortal Call change.
If you kill a group of porcupines in one skill, it's super difficult to avoid ALL of the spikes, even when at a distance.

While I don't particularly like the idea of having to invest in some armor on all characters, it doesn't sound too bad as a concept. But I certainly hope the armor system is revamped so that it isn't useless unless you stack tons of it.

Absolutely love how it's not detrimental for most build to level up Immortal Call with these changes though! That confused one of my friends, and seemed iffy to me.
Last edited by IllustrativeCapital on May 28, 2019, 11:04:31 PM
"Molten Shell now grants armour while active and a damage barrier that absorbs 75% of damage taken. The maximum damage that it can absorb is based on 20% of your total armour, making it a powerful choice for high Armour characters."

Would this be before or after mitigation? Seems very good if its after mitigation.
Finally there's a counter-play against some of the Delve bosses' instant kill whenever they decide to attack.

Edit: Hmmm, Immortal Call nerf is unwarranted.
Did you guys ever delve beyond 700? Why does immortal call need a nerf when the normal dm on most mobs' physical attack is around 7000+?

Unless the new Immortal call lasts a very long time, it really doesn't warrant the nerf. It just makes those 20k es build triple curse build that much better since they don't need Immortal call to survive excessive big quantity of physical damage. (Do you know how much damage those ice thing from azurite node dies when they get +3 more projectiles? They also instant teleport to you. Immortal Call is the only counterplay against that, especially in depth above 700 which can deal 30k+ physical damage in less than 0.1 second when they die near you after they teleported if you don't have immortal call active.)
Last edited by mic01851165 on May 28, 2019, 11:16:23 PM
n1
thank u but I'll still die in HC to packet loss or crash.

can u fix it?
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
is this a nerf to melee?

melee+porcupine-immoCall=???
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
Ok depending on the cooldown/uptime of new molten shell I'm s oo going to do a super blaster molten shell chieftain. Gon be lit
Okay so they've just destroyed what's probably the most frequently used CWDT setup in the game (CWDT + Immortal Call) and everyone's like "oh cool" or "neat!"

I'm not sure if people have quite realized what this means for squishy characters who really lean on that CWDT.

Also, I don't primarily play melee, but so far I'm seeing only nerfs to melee defences? No changes to armour, all meaningful defensive measures can now only be manually cast.

Not sure this big melee "rework" is going to work out the way people want it to.
RIP most non-melee builds that relied on Immortal Call for not dying instantly to a stupidly-strong mob.
May Innocence guide you, citizen of Oriath...
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

...Overall, these changes give you the opportunity to survive dangerous attacks while still standing your ground. They also reward responsive, skillful play.

Good luck with "skillful" play on Strongboxes which spawn Porcupines or extra phys damage Devourers and the nerfed IC.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:

...We are eager to see what kind of character builds you'll be creating in Path of Exile: Legion!...

By looking at the reworks it will be a High Armour Molten-Shell Juggernaut as this variant is the most mindless and gives a nice 75%/75% less damage for both phys and deadly elemental damage.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on May 28, 2019, 11:51:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info