Questions about classes...

Hey there, Ive been in closed beta for a while but I recently started playing heavily again. I have some class questions that Ive not been able to find the answers to yet:

1) Do classes passively get more out of one stat than another? For example, does a Marauder get more damage, health, ect. out of STR compared to a witch? (I realize they have different places in the passive tree but I'm not talking about that)

2) Do you get stats for leveling? Do you get more of one than another because of your class?

3) Is a ranger using a 2-hand sword or dual-wield swords viable? (I do not like how the duelist looks)

4) Do any classes dual-wield daggers effectively? (once again, other than the duelist)

I am asking these questions in hopes of finding current information; the patch notes are vast at this point and I am not sure what all has changed regarding stats and class differences over the past several months.

Any and all feedback is appreciated.
Last edited by Broseph357 on Apr 3, 2012, 1:25:41 AM
1) Each class benefits from them in the same way. It's just that marauders will probably tend to find the bonus melee damage from strength more useful than a witch would.

2) You get a small amount of health, mana, and I believe evasion from leveling (5/4/3 maybe?). No strength, dexterity or intelligence.

3) Probably? :) Duelists can dual-wield, and rangers aren't far from them on the tree. Not sure on the twohanders, but you could either cut through the middle to the marauder area or pick up some sword/axe/mace specific boosts on your way around there. I hear about people making dagger rangers and wand templars and bow marauders; lots of things are viable - maybe not optimal, but that doesn't have to matter.

4) Again, aside from retooling any class to do something odd, he sixth class probably will; plenty of dagger boosts up in that area.
Thank you much...It seems that the witch is somewhat close to the dagger passives...would that by any chance be an option for dual dagger? (maybe a spellcasting dagger user)
How can I kill lots of mobs(I mean when 10-15 mobs attacks you at the same time) with ranger, by keeping me alive, what tactic and skills should I use ?
Last edited by delx774 on Apr 4, 2012, 10:59:27 AM
My ranger is lvl 37 I stick to:

FRENZY/POISON ARROW/LIGHTNING ARROW

So far cruel difficulty has been much easier than normal for me. Run around a large area gathering 20-30 mobs, then blast em. They dont last more than a few second. EasyMode:ON

Also have the perk Iron Reflexes: Converts all evade to Armour - sitting at 65% phys Redux

This was my build at like level 29 or something - go easy on me, this is my first character:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQIACNty1w0xJ5wOlXR-FFL5CBWF8GUWFBxOFs0jlB0KXUse7wu1M4FEtkm2H21LEvqpVVo7bFdv3D5j8vejadvCNWoi67xsNBZSb42NM3YoE8-Yqtp_mZHxYKOBgxOkmE3ipPABdan-59C3CAsJuKQlXbirvezCQPWi0Syxp9kSYg3eoK9N3-cAR-Wy35rsKqqv7x4SX-9TTEH4-yDI_vx_Dg==
Pick me for beta!
Was looking forward to D3-
UNTIL PoE dawned it's pretty head!
Last edited by Syrrus101 on Apr 3, 2012, 1:21:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info