[3.6-3.7 (Planned Update for 3.16) HC] Trickster DOT totems. Solid Clear, Fast leveling. Videos

What is best, gain % of "physical, lighting, cold or fire" damage as extra chaos damage?...
Re: Gain % as chaos

This stat on the pictured staff is actually a throwaway. None of those stats has any impact on this build, since we actually start as pure chaos damage. The important stats for a staff are

1. Despair on hit
2. +chaos gem levels
3. Non ailment chaos damage multi
4. Spell/chaos/DOT damage

Practically speaking, 1, 2, and 3 are enough and dramatically easier to get than all 4.

-O
Hey, thanks for the tips, I finally got a decent staff, thanks for this nice build, it seems safe, very safe to do maps and really fast mapping, really thanks...
Last edited by Vyr75 on May 26, 2019, 4:38:30 AM
Most welcome, very glad you are enjoying the build!
-O
Just stopping in to say thanks for contributing to the community with these great HC-oriented guides! Keep it up!
Positive feedback always appreciated. Keeps me trying new things to bring back to y'all!

:>

-O
I love this build! Thanks a lot!

The only question I have is if you activate Grace or Vaal Grace manually? It is not triggered by phase run.
Glad you are enjoying it!

Grace as an aura is completely unused. Vaal Grace operates as an extended duration manually activated panic button, greatly upping our defense for 12 seconds or so at full build.
Hi! thx for the build, exactly what I needed after 1 year not playing!

I just got Spreading Rot Cobalt jewel, don't you think it would we usefull to use it with Blight to get wither too? Is it worth to loose the totem jewels stats for it?
Most welcome and glad you are enjoying it. You are, of course, correct about spreading rot. I did mention this in the leveling advice section but I have now gone back to clarify this in the gear section of the guide as well. My oversight to not have done that sooner, thanks for pointing it out.

As to whether to lose a totem jewel, this depends on whether you are using allelopathy. I have added a brief discussion of this choice under gloves in the gearing section.

If you are not using those gloves, I would say that you can go with two totem res jewels until you get to a point where you feel the totems are dying too quickly. Then you will want to spend three points on the tree to get one more jewel slot for the third totem ele res jewel to max out their resistances. In the late endgame, spreading rot would come at the expense of three nodes that would otherwise have been spent toward additional ehp (life/mana)--that's one possible trade off.

If you are using allelopathy, you are likely choosing to forego temp chains. This is not recommended until after your uber ascendancy, as now explained in the gearing section. In that case, you would simply respec the three nodes you were using to get the extra curse into an extra jewel socket for spreading rot instead.

Good luck,

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jun 2, 2019, 12:01:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info