[3.8] The BUGG JUGG - Melee Summoner TANK - Versatile & Customizable!

Fang is going to be quite expensive at league start, but im planning on giving this build a shot once I get a fang. I did spiders as my synth league starter and it was pretty good on necro but a bit squishy.

I'm planning to squeeze as much tankiness as possible out of this, looking at purities and possibly a devouring diadem

Puritiesx3 and enlighten 4 in diadem,

8% in tree

Precision 1, war banner, flesh and stone enlighten 4. In boots

12% on tree would let me drop down to enlighten (3) for both links.

EB lets us still use skills nicely

Also makes gearing easy since we get a ton of resists from purities.

Diadem with a +2 air or aura corruption would be best in slot for another 1%max Res to each

This puts us as 81% all Max res (assuming we take the +1 tree node, up to 82% fire Res

I'll pop an update in here once I've tried it.

Hi, thanks for the great guide!
Will definitely use this as my league starter.

- So leveling with Hoag isnt good? Because HoAg is used just after lvl 53+.
Its realy that bad to level straight with HoaG , or its still a good leveling experience even when used at lvl 16+ ?

- what do you think: how itll perform for the blight tower mechanic?

- whats the approximately price for the fang in the first week?
Last edited by Enterich on Sep 6, 2019, 9:40:35 AM
Fang is....2,5-3 ex. Sigh.
"
imnotanewb wrote:

I'll pop an update in here once I've tried it.

Sounds awesome!

"
Enterich wrote:
Hi, thanks for the great guide!
Will definitely use this as my league starter.

- So leveling with Hoag isnt good? Because HoAg is used just after lvl 53+.
Its realy that bad to level straight with HoaG , or its still a good leveling experience even when used at lvl 16+ ?

- what do you think: how itll perform for the blight tower mechanic?

- whats the approximately price for the fang in the first week?

Fang was somewhat expensive the last couple leagues, usually around 1ex the first few days but got cheaper. Aparrently this league since minions will be flavor of the month, it's 3-4 ex going on the 4th day of the league.

You can definitely do run Hoag a lot earlier, but this is just what I found felt a little more efficient and smoother. Just use weapons you find along the way and have a 4 link Sunder carry you. This way you only need one 4 link and all leveling gems are available.

Leveling with Hoag, you'd mostly need to wait till act 6 to buy some of the needed gems, or get someone to grab them for you. You also want a 4 link for your cyclone setup to apply poison, and a 4 link for Hoag.

The spiders are crazy aggressive, I think they will do great against Blight. I'm currently running a Zombie/Carrion Golem Necro with Feeding Frenzy to make them aggro and they do really well against Blights.

"
Astarotte wrote:
Fang is....2,5-3 ex. Sigh.

I know =/ I need Soulwrest for the build I'm running and it was the most expensive weapon for a while, now it's 4th and going around 2.5 ex... Stupid meta.

Btw, anyone interested in seeing what minion shenanigans I'm doing this league, here is the guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627157
I just wonder if it goes lower soon. Ex to be chaos is 1:100 and going higher. Fang price also goes up. Saved 2 ex so far... But yeah. Currently running vaal ground slam 4 link and 4 link hoag. Clearing t1-t4 maps but very slow. But on other hand feeling immortal 😁
Last edited by Astarotte on Sep 9, 2019, 2:07:01 AM
"
Astarotte wrote:
I just wonder if it goes lower soon. Ex to be chaos is 1:100 and going higher. Fang price also goes up. Saved 2 ex so far... But yeah. Currently running vaal ground slam 4 link and 4 link hoag. Clearing t1-t4 maps but very slow. But on other hand feeling immortal 😁

In the Minotaur video, I mis-managed my Worm Flask and only had Spiders for barely half of the fight. I killed Mino with my health barely moving with just the scorpion... So if I was able to do that, you should easily be able to just roll with Cyclone to apply poisons and have Herald in your 6 link body armour. Solar Guard spectres in a 4 link could sub for spiders since they clear amazingly, since you can easily get 3 of them and only have to invest in the spectre wheel on the tree.

I'm actually going to add this to the guide as a suggestion for dealing with Fang's redonkulous price.
Anyone know if there are any major changes to the build in 3.9? I'm about to start a new char with this build in MSC.
"
Anyone know if there are any major changes to the build in 3.9? I'm about to start a new char with this build in MSC.
The main changes are that bosses are more tanky in high tier maps.
While the spiders are great for clearing any maps, for tanky bosses like Metamorphs, Minotaur and Shaper, they suck.
"
6_din_49 wrote:
"
The main changes are that bosses are more tanky in high tier maps.
While the spiders are great for clearing any maps, for tanky bosses like Metamorphs, Minotaur and Shaper, they suck.

I don't think I'd go as far to say they suck, especially since metamorphs spawn tons of adds that make it easy to desecrate a couple times and respawn Spiders.

Things are def tanky, so this build just got a lot slower against them so that def would suck. But, the tradeoff is it's still incredibly hard to die if you don't make careless mistakes and let the Spiders and/or Scorpion whittle away at them.

It's been pretty common knowledge that these metamorph's are super rippy, so...

While other people are dying and having to spend time re-casting auras, walking back to where they died becuase they didn't drop a portal before the metamorph, losing that sweet 10% exp, and whatever other time-wasting things that you deal with when you die... The BUGG JUGG will be slowly killing these tanky bosses and not dying. So, I'd prefer the latter.

some of those Legion bosses were crazy rippy, and my BUGG JUGG had 9 deaths at lvl 91. And 4 or 5 of them were during acts 1-10 because I was trying to level as fast as possible and never had decent gear/resist when I'd zerg rush bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info