[3.8] The BUGG JUGG - Melee Summoner TANK - Versatile & Customizable!

"
"
Skua99 wrote:
Looks like a fun build and I plan to try it out using dual Poet Pens for leveling. Not sure about getting the 3 green links on a pen, but I guess there is always the method using jewelers.

I can see that you just cant start out using pens because of missing skill gems. So I guess that it is best to go the Molten Strike to Sunder route before switching over.

My question is, what is your recommendation on when to start using the pens? The earliest that I can see is level 16 when you can use HOA, or is it better to wait a bit for some more support gems? Also do we need to take into consideration our chance to poison for the switch over (is lesser poison enough with maybe a poison jewel or two)?

Also does this change how I go through the tree mapping. After 'Resolute Technique' should I still get 'Spiritual Aid' and 'Spiritual Command' next or do I head down and get the jewel socket for 'Volley Fire'?

Thanks again for the build

If you don't wanna gamble away all your Jewelers trying to GGG one of the Pens, You can use Flammability instead, That way you just have to force 2 sockets, then spend 25 Chromes to get 2 blues, then force a 3rd socket which it will likely give you a blue.

Yea, go Molten Strike, Sunder or even Perforate or Lacerate since they are new and may be better.

Volatile Dead is lvl 12 and Unearth is lvl 10. You can def use it starting lvl 12, you will have to get 33 INT from somewhere, but if you've got leveling gear that's easy.

It should be very easy to link Barrage with Poison + Faster Attacks. That will give you 80% poison chance with the Herald.

You won't be stacking up 40 Virulence, but you still stack enough to deal plenty of dmg with the Scorpion. Plus, Volatile Dead + whatever supports you have access too will also deal a ton of damage.

I'd still rush to Spiritual Aid and Command, since these nodes will scale the Crawler and our Volatile Dead damage.

I'm actually going to be rolling this build again, I have a couple ideas I want to try out and I'm also sick of dying to some of the crazy Legion generals. So stay tuned!

Ok the good news, when I put a jewel on my poets pen to get two sockets to force two greens, it gave me three green sockets. Some times life just goes right. But the bad news is that once I put my 'Unearth' in the pen, I am getting the message 'skill can't be used' (same message on 'Volatile Dead'). This is my first time using 'Unearth' and I am lost, any idea on what is happening?

--Edit, ok I am old and slow but I figured out how to use the dual pens. I did not understand how they are tied to 'attack'. So now I have attached 'Attack' to my right mouse button and each time I activate it, it cycles between 'Unearth' and 'Volatile Dead'. I am having a little trouble with keeping everything in synch, but it is a very fun and different game mechanic.

--Second Edit, ok now I think I understand. So now that I have added barrage to the mix, as it is an attack it trigger the spells in my poet's pen. It still seems sort of random when 'Unearth' or 'Volatile Dead' fire off. But there has to be a pattern to this madness and I am going to find it.
Last edited by Skua99 on Jun 17, 2019, 3:26:19 AM
do you think Jewels with Minions have 8% chance to Taunt on Hit with Attacks is good or they gona die very fast ?

also should i get on jewels Chance to poison on hit + life or Abyss Jewel Flat chaos damage , minions atk spd + life ..

i have now 75% chance to poison on hit

Last edited by davc1234567890 on Jun 17, 2019, 6:37:58 AM
"
do you think Jewels with Minions have 8% chance to Taunt on Hit with Attacks is good or they gona die very fast ?

also should i get on jewels Chance to poison on hit + life or Abyss Jewel Flat chaos damage , minions atk spd + life ..

Spiders can't taunt (read dagger description)

Depends, can you keep up virulence?
My gut says minion dmg after minion skill (ghastly jewel) but only POB will know for sure
"
xpldngmn wrote:
"

Spiders can't taunt (read dagger description)

Depends, can you keep up virulence?
My gut says minion dmg after minion skill (ghastly jewel) but only POB will know for sure

Correct, instead go for Minion chance to Blind on hit for an extra added layer of defense :)

Spiders are also INDESTRUCTIBLE mwahahaha. They cannot die!

With Poison Support linked to your Cyclone, the Dagger and Herald, you will have 95% chance to poison. So get 5% chance on a jewel and you're set!

Flat damage scales the best for our Spiders, since all we have is increased from tree and more from the 3 support gems, and they have a damage effectiveness of 100%.

"
Skua99 wrote:
ok now I think I understand. So now that I have added barrage to the mix, as it is an attack it trigger the spells in my poet's pen. It still seems sort of random when 'Unearth' or 'Volatile Dead' fire off. But there has to be a pattern to this madness and I am going to find it.

Yep, you attack with Barrage, this will trigger the stuff inside Poet's Pens. It actually alternates, the PP in your main hand will trigger, then the off hand. So you want Unearth in your main hand and VD in the off hand, but you attack so fast it barely matters. Meanwhile, your Barrage is poisoning enemies and keeping the Scorpion to maul everything.

Leveling like this is literally a 1 button affair. Just attack with Barrage and everything else happens on it's own! Volatile Dead and Scorpion destroy everything.
"
"
xpldngmn wrote:

"
Skua99 wrote:
ok now I think I understand. So now that I have added barrage to the mix, as it is an attack it trigger the spells in my poet's pen. It still seems sort of random when 'Unearth' or 'Volatile Dead' fire off. But there has to be a pattern to this madness and I am going to find it.

Yep, you attack with Barrage, this will trigger the stuff inside Poet's Pens. It actually alternates, the PP in your main hand will trigger, then the off hand. So you want Unearth in your main hand and VD in the off hand, but you attack so fast it barely matters. Meanwhile, your Barrage is poisoning enemies and keeping the Scorpion to maul everything.

Leveling like this is literally a 1 button affair. Just attack with Barrage and everything else happens on it's own! Volatile Dead and Scorpion destroy everything.

What you say in your guide is 100% true about leveling with the Poet's Pens. I took your guide to hart and mainlined it to 'Resolute Technique' followed by the two 'Spiritual' nodes, skipping any life nodes on the way. I was able to run through all content and easily kill Lazaro in the first lab and Malachai at the end of act 4 with less than 1.2k life. Now I am to the point where I can start stacking some life nodes. My only problem is that I do have to drink a lot of mana flasks. But they seem to almost refill instantly so it is not a big deal.

Also under you Pen leveling section where you talk about crafting sockets, you say 'Craft: 2 blue sockets'. I think you mean to craft 2 green sockets.

Thanks again for doing this build.
Last edited by Skua99 on Jun 18, 2019, 1:17:58 AM
"
Skua99 wrote:

What you say in your guide is 100% true about leveling with the Poet's Pens. I took your guide to hart and mainlined it to 'Resolute Technique' followed by the two 'Spiritual' nodes, skipping any life nodes on the way. I was able to run through all content and easily kill Lazaro in the first lab and Malachai at the end of act 4 with less than 1.2k life. Now I am to the point where I can start stacking some life nodes. My only problem is that I do have to drink a lot of mana flasks. But they seem to almost refill instantly so it is not a big deal.

Also under you Pen leveling section where you talk about crafting sockets, you say 'Craft: 2 blue sockets'. I think you mean to craft 2 green sockets.

oh crap, lemme go fix that! good catch!
"
"
Skua99 wrote:

Close but you still have the blue's in step 4 :)
"
Skua99 wrote:
"
"
Skua99 wrote:

Close but you still have the blue's in step 4 :)

bruh... i'm going to bed.
Does the Cyclone tool tip give a true representation of the 'Chance to Poison'. Mine is showing 60% which I presume is from my poison gem? But now I should also be seeing 15% from the Fang and an additional 10% from two gems I have put into the skill tree for a total 85%.
"
Skua99 wrote:
Does the Cyclone tool tip give a true representation of the 'Chance to Poison'. Mine is showing 60% which I presume is from my poison gem? But now I should also be seeing 15% from the Fang and an additional 10% from two gems I have put into the skill tree for a total 85%.

And you have an additional 20% from Herald of Agony itself, so you should def have 100%. Tooltips in PoE have always been jacked up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info