[3.8] The BUGG JUGG - Melee Summoner TANK - Versatile & Customizable!

Come by and chat if you have anything to discuss about this build!

🐖TheNotoriousPIG's Twitch Live Stream Channel🐖

_________________________________________________________________________________

🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🦂🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️The BUGG JUGG🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️
_________________________________________________________________________________

There are 3 versions to this build. Directly below is the recommended setup since it is amazingly tanky. Great if you are a new player, new to this playstyle or just REALLY hate dying.

All the way at the bottom is an explanation of the less tanky but much more damage versions. I am still tanky and my only deaths were when I was playing careless and completely avoidable.

The difference in each is only in gear and gem setups. So you can play as the tankier version and incorporate elements of the more damage version as you see fit.

Mix and match and make your own BUGG JUGG!

Path of Building for Full Tank BUGG JUGG

Path of Building for Crit Spiders Victario's Charity version

Path of Building for 6 Curse Doedre's Skin version

3.8 Updates - Updated 9/2/2019
Spoiler

-Carrion Golem: Don't need, It would just be annoying trying to spawn and kill worms without him smacking them before we can.

Withering Step: A little dodge and Phasing to add to our defenses could be really good, hard to choose what to drop to use it so might be best used in an Unset Ring.

**Remember** This is only a guide, and these are my suggestions. I encourage people to always test different things and stick with the things you like best!

Don't be concerned if some skills/gems setup you see recommended in the guide will be different than what you see in the videos and linked gear.

Path of Building link, skill trees and skill gems setup will always be updated.

This build was first played in 3.6, which is when the gear and videos came from. With every new league there are changes, and recommendations may also change.

I like to try different builds every league, so I probably won't be playing this build but I will continue to update it with recommended changes for players that do. hope you all enjoy!

Videos!
Spoiler

T16 Maze of the Minotaur - Double Reflect! EASY
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/430451361

T15 Defiled Cathedral
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/430427485

T14 Plaza
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/430427484

Explanation, Pros & Cons!
Spoiler

•Spiders and the Scorpion deal all our damage and hardly need any investment
•40k DPS per spider x 20 Spiders = 900k DPS. Great for single target.
•400k DPS from Scorpion Tail Spike. 100k+ per Mortar, 6 Morters that can shotgun. Great for map clear.
•Everything that deals damage, except the Agony Crawler will have 90-100% chance to poison. If a poison tick deals the killing blow, we are credited with the kill. This procs the Arakaali's Fang and instantly gives us 20 spiders very reliably.
•Only take defensive Juggernaut ascendency nodes
•Only use defensive flask
•Only spend 15 skill points on offense, the rest is ALL DEFENSE
•Only need defensive stats on jewels, except one with 5% poison.
•78% chance to block attacks, 20% spell block, we gain almost 200 life and plenty mana on block to sustain everything we do.

Pros:
•Easy/fast leveling cause you NEVER DIE.
•Can do any map mod - saves currency!
•Can face tank almost anything, if you dodge the very obvious stuff you never die.

Cons:
•Must get INT and DEX on gear, or spend passive points on the +30 nodes.
•Not the fastest map clear, limited by minion move speed but well managed convocation can make it pretty fast.
•Decent league starter, the shield and dagger will be expensive, but you can use a Budget Shield.
•If used as a league starter, you may have to spend all currency early to buy the dagger. This may limit you being able to buy maps for completion and push your atlas quickly.
•No regen maps are hard, but doable with mana flask and good life flask management.

Playstyle
Spoiler

To start each map/zone you will have to use the Desecrate + Writhing Jar flask trick to generate your Spiders. Here's how it works:
1. Cast Desecrate 3 times, use Writhing Jar flask.
2. Two worms will pop out, kill them and Spiders will appear!

You will also have to do this when entering a boss area or if a boss has a long phase and your Spiders all expire. So conserve that flask! Only use it when you need it for Spiders!

1. Shield charge into mobs to proc Fortify
2. Chug your defensive flask
3. Hold Cyclone - it will apply poisons & Wither and also CwC BV will stack and also apply poisons.
4. Watch Bugs maul everything
5. Cast Immortal Call when things get a little too nasty

Class and Ascendencies
Spoiler
•Class: Maurauder
•Ascendency: Juggernaut
1st: Unflinching
2nd: Unbreakable
3rd: Unrelenting
4th: Unstoppable

Leveling & Skill Trees
Spoiler

Starting Tree - -kill all bandits

Getting enough INT and DEX is a challenge for this build. Always make sure you have enough so that you can level your gems as much as possible, so you probably will have to grab those +30 nodes. Unspec them later once you have enough on gear.

The tree is foolproof, just rush to Resolute Technique then take Spiritual Aid then Spiritual Command and finally Gravepact. After these main nodes, you can literally take anything in any order and you will be fine.

https://poeplanner.com/ABIAAP0AEhEAAHvG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEcaPunVeTl-4tIh8kGCB1cN85toZZZskc6ezacwAec26BpVFE38S7yfGJFhIYTvouoS4drBLlPTb3TtBS1672LsTUbBgrvt-OvPfuoYdqz3MnzZcqnE9n31xBXGrjwtg8y3PoNf_grYvTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRa-nPQ_7qgY58wZRYAthr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmYPglIaqppqysqlnzGjiQVZ8-LdJyD5RvZlRmnkqfibwQUZhNOsZxsmL0-tIWb-NqJKo26Rv6Jd-kGScvGmzT-1qRqH1qrMABBsZdpN3Vyx7SOPe5FrsAAAAAAA==

My Gear/Recommended Gear + Budget Options
Spoiler

•Arakaali's Fang is the only required item
•Rare Gloves with - Supported by Poison and Faster Attacks help a lot, but not required.
•The Surrender is nice for the life on block, but almost any shield will work.
•The Anvil Amulet is nice for the extra block/max block and life/mana on block but any good amulet will work.
•A 6 Link Coming Calamity to put our Herald in could be nice cause it would allow us to use Hatred+Generosity, but We'd have to drop some defensive gems to make it fit. I'd rather feel immortal than kill things a little faster.
•All other slots can be rares to stack life and resist!

If the dagger is simply too expensive
Especially if using this as a league starter, you can simply spec into the Death Attunement node for +1 Specter node and run 3 Solar Guard Specters.

Just take this node instead of the Sanctity-Retribution path near Templar start.

Their projectiles are great to clear maps and having them with the Herald will still make boss fights simple. Just use any weapon with minion damage in it's place.

gem setup: Raise Spectre - Minion Damage - Spell Echo - Greater multiple Projectiles.

You should also look for a helm that boost socket minion gems, has "socketed gems Supported by Minion Damage" and/or Socketed gems Supported Immolate" that would boost their damage by a lot. So that it would be like having them in a 6 link or better.

Other Possible Uniques to Use:
•Victarios Charity Shield - Give our bugs Frenzies, lots of damage! We won't be attack block capped, and lose 250 life gained on block + armour.

•Daresso's Courage shield: Gives us 20% spell block when we block an attack! Could easily keep us at 78%/40% block.

•Lioneye's Remorse shield: Offers a TON of life and 35% block chance.

•Kaom's Way - +1 Endurance Charge and tons of life regen, If your other gear easily caps your resist this can be great as a defensive option instead of a Circle of Nostalgia.

•Circle of Nostalgia - Nice buff for our HoA and QoL to save us some mana or get easy poisons. If your res are easily capped this is worth a ring slot.

•Eber's Unification - The free cast Void Gaze is a nice damage increase, but we get basically no defensive stats from this helm.

•Speaker's Wreath - We get no defensive stats but would give us 100% uptime on Spiders since we'd ALWAYS get the kills.. but I never have an issue so I think it's pointless. Desecrate + Worm Flask does the job and I'd rather use a flask + gem than lose a helm slot. I also find it slows your clear speed since you have to hunt down every mob, instead of just letting Spiders chase them down and Scorpion 1-shot them from off screen.

Skill Gems Setup
Spoiler

*You will want to get gloves that have: "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level __ Poison" and if you can afford it, "Socketed Gems Supported by level __ Faster Attacks"
*This will allow you to run Wither, which Cyclone will stack very quickly. Faster Attacks is also very nice to stack poisons faster, but not absolutely necessary.

•Body Armour: Herald of Agony - Minion Damage - Damage on Full Life - Pierce - Vicious Projectiles - Maim

•In 4 link: Summon Holy Relic - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Desecrate
-You can also use Molten Shell instead of Imm Call for better defenses against physical dmg, but you lose a little defenses against elemental dmg.

•In 4 link: CWDT(lvl 20) - Spirit Offering(lvl 20) - Enfeeble(lvl 20) - Tempest Shield (lvl 20)

•In Gloves: Cyclone - Cast While Channeling - Blade Vortex - Withering Touch -(If you have free Poison support)
•In Gloves: Cyclone - Poison - Cast While Channeling - Blade Vortex-(If you don't have free Poison support)

•In Shield: Shield Charge - Fortify - Faster Attacks

•In Arakaali's Fang: Damage on Full Life - Melee Physical - Minion Damage Support
--For best clear speed, use Melee Splash instead of Dmg on Full Life but make sure to swap back for bosses! The 2 seconds it takes to gem swap are well worth it!

•If you get an Unset Ring, you can put in Flesh and Stone.

Pantheons
Spoiler

Major: Lunaris
-Physical reduction is great, and we want to avoid chained projectiles since we always have a bunch of minions in front of us
•Capture Stone of the Currents in Wharf Map
•Capture Sebbert, Crescent's Point in Moon Temple Map
•Capture Ambrius, Legion Slayer in Colosseum Map

Minor: Ralakesh, Ryslatha or Shakari are all good options.

Leveling Guide + Suggested Uniques (more coming soon!)

Spoiler
This should really help new players, but there are some good tips even for experienced players if you scan through it.

If any new players would like a more some help, just PM me! I can import your current character into Path of Building and give you some more detailed advice.

1. Start game with Molten Strike. Have someone or an alt character buy you all the Minion gems for your final build so that you can have them leveling up until you are ready to use them! Minions scale massively with levels, you DO NOT want to wait until Act 6 to buy and possibly begin using under-leveled Herald of Agony and your Offering, Enfeeble, and your other support gems.

Always be on the lookout for any other gems that are required, choose them as quest reward or buy them from the vendors!

Remember, you can put 2 weapons/shield in your weapon swap and even though you are not using these weapons, the gems inside them will still level. So, go buy 2 cheap things with 3 sockets each.

3. Get Added Fire Support and Shield Charge after killing Brutus.

4. Get Sunder as your attack skill after Killing Merveil you can use it at lvl 12. You will use this for a looong time!

Link Sunder with Melee Phys- Added Fire - Ruthless

5. Act 2: Kill all Bandits. Kill the Weaver then go to Yeena, get Faster Attacks and Elemental Damage with Attacks from Yeena.

6. Any Unique/rare axe or mace until lvl 32, then look to get a Flesheaters or The Gryphon. Moonbender's Wing is also really good at lvl 39.

If you have Moonbender's Wing, your Sunder will be dealing a lot of elemental damage, so link it with Ele dmg with Attacks - Conc Effect - Ele Focus - Melee Phys - Ruthless.

If you are using a different weapon, link it with Melee Phys - Added Fire - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Conc Effect - Ruthless

7. You can get The Anvil amulet at lvl 45.

8. At lvl 53 you can go full summoner and get an Arakaali's Fang. Victario's Charity shield is also a really good shield to give your minions Frenzies. Get rid of Sunder and switch to Blade Flurry - Poison - CwC - Blade Vortex. At this low level I wouldn't try to get gloves with built in Poison/Faster Attacks until later when you can look for some with a little life/resist.

9. At lvl 64 you can use The Surrender shield. Lvl 68 get a Rumi's Concoction flask.

Leveling with 2x Poet's Pen and a Tabula

Spoiler
If this isn't your first character and you have currency, you can absolutely FLY through the story mode with 2x Poet's Pens and a Tabula.

•In Tabula: Herald of Agony - Maim - Damage on Full Life - Pierce - Minion Damage - Vicious Projectiles

•In a 4 link - Barrage - Faster Attacks - Poison - Greater Multiple Proj
-This will only give us 80% poison, so I recommend getting 4 very cheap jewels with 5% poison. Taking jewel slots early won't set us back at all, this build will still be stupid tanky and have tons of damage.

•Poet's Pen #1: Unearth - Greater Multiple Proj - Projectile Weakness (this requires 3 off colors, see below)

•Poet's Pen #2: Volatile Dead - Conc Effect - Controlled Destruction

Get a Volley Fire jewel and stick in the slot below Duelist start.

Poet's Pen #1 setup requires 3 off colors, which will be really hard to get if you just spam chromes.

If you don't wanna gamble away all your currency trying to GGG one of the Pens, You can use Flammability or Enfeeble instead of Projectile Weakness.

You can force 2 green sockets and add a 3rd that will most likely be blue.

You will have to Delve to find the recipes, go here and scroll to the bottom to see where they are located in the mines

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crafting_Bench)

Take your Poet's Pen to the crafting bench and do this:
1. Craft: 2 Sockets
2. Craft: At Least 2 Green Sockets
3. Craft: 3 Sockets

The way socket crafting works, the odds are you'll get a blue as the 3rd socket. If you get a red as the 3rd socket,

4. Craft: 2 sockets (you will still have your 2 greens)
5. Craft: 3 sockets

Keep doing this until you get GGB or if you want to gamble and try to get GGG, continue steps 4 and 5 until you get em!

DON'T FORGET TO 3 LINK EACH POET'S PEN :)))))

The More Damage/Less Tanky Version
Spoiler
I ran two other versions of this build, one with Vicatario's Influence body armour and one with Doedre's Skin body armour. Since the original version goes all out on defenses and this versions goes *almost* all out on getting as much damage as possible. You can actually take aspects of both versions and combine them to create your own BUGG JUGG that suits your playstyle!

Path of Building for Crit Spiders Victario's Charity version

Path of Building for 6 Curse Doedre's Skin version

Playstyle - Couple Important Things to Manage
Spoiler
1. Since we rely ONLY on Spiders, we must make sure we always have at least 1 use of Writhing Jar flask at all times, and full charges for bosses. This is very easy, just keybind it somewhere that you won't accidentally use it unless you're complete out of Spiders.

2. I do not use a Golem, instead use a Summon Holy Relic! There were a few times my Golem would completely screw me by instantly killing my worms before I could... thus forcing me to port out to refill the flask. I didn't feel any less tanky without it, so I ditched it.

3. Sometimes most of your Spider's duration will expire, but not all. There have been times where I've only had 3 or 4 Spiders... and I use my Writhing Jar and they kill the worms before I can...

If this happens in the map, just drop Desecrate before a big pack, and Shield Charge then Cyclone to the edge. Whatever Spiders are left will get monsters low and the Cull on your Cyclone will easily get you at least 1 kill to proc you back to 20 Spiders.

FOR BOSSES that don't have adds at the beginning of the fight- I recommend waiting till all Spiders expire, then Desecrate + worm flask for the full 20. Remember, only do this is you only have a few Spiders.

4. You definitely want to spam Convocation when you first Shield Charge into packs.

3.7 Gear
Spoiler
The "added poison" on gloves is not needed at all. The -7 to total cost of skills on the Sapphire Ring is very important, though you can probably get by with a lower mana reduction cost. Getting Block chance on jewels

Gem Setup
Spoiler
You can setup gems exactly as they are in the gear, just make sure to use a Holy Relic instead of Stone Golem. If anything changes, I will list it here.

*Remember to swap out Melee Splash for Dmg on Full Life before you fight a boss! It will make the fight go MUCH faster!

Skill Tree
Spoiler
Skill tree is exactly the same. If anything changes I will post it here

Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Nov 24, 2019, 10:35:50 AM
Last bumped on Jan 8, 2020, 4:36:44 PM
Very Interessting!
are you planning to do Guardians and shaper with this?
ALl the best
"
cxzaqwe wrote:
Very Interessting!
ALl the best

Definitely. Minotaur and Uber Elder should be a piece of cake as they are with most Jugg builds. Not to mention spiders are really good vs Uber Elder. I haven't had much time to play this league or flashback, but after tomorrow I will have a TON of time to play so I will be putting out videos for a couple of guides.
"
cxzaqwe wrote:
Very Interessting!
ALl the best

Minotaur video up! Easy.
awesome looking build! Quick question: what about frost blades + chain + poison etc for the main attack instead of BV/BF, would that be less poison stacks?

and questions about the tree for 3.7: would Testudo still be a good pick now that it moved a little bit? what about Retaliation next to it. i personally kind of like Soul of Steel for the increased max resists (like a mini-Loreweave)

also i've seen on another build that arakaali's fang supports should be Minion Damage - melee splash (dmg on full life for single target) - withering touch (using Malevolence aura to increase duration of spiders, but that might not matter much here, i dunno)
"
Xeonight wrote:
awesome looking build! Quick question: what about frost blades + chain + poison etc for the main attack instead of BV/BF, would that be less poison stacks?

and questions about the tree for 3.7: would Testudo still be a good pick now that it moved a little bit? what about Retaliation next to it. i personally kind of like Soul of Steel for the increased max resists (like a mini-Loreweave)

also i've seen on another build that arakaali's fang supports should be Minion Damage - melee splash (dmg on full life for single target) - withering touch (using Malevolence aura to increase duration of spiders, but that might not matter much here, i dunno)

I actually opted for Sanctuary instead of Testudo, just because we get 76/20 block vs 78/13. I figure the extra spell block is worth, especially since it's really easy to get the last 2% block on jewels. I def wouldn't get Retaliation, it does practically nothing for us.

I have Soul of in my skill tree. I'll double check and make sure my PoB and trees are all updated, I prob haven't done that since they released the new tree! I've been focused on 2 other builds :)

No idea if Frostblades & Chain would be as good, but BF + BV is amazing for getting 40 stacks of Virulence and 15 stacks of Wither damn near instantly. I def don't see Frost Blades as putting stacks of both on bosses nearly as fast as BF + BV. Especially Wither Stacks.

I also saw from a different Arakaali's build that Melee Splash on Spiders was supposedly better for clear, but I didn't notice much difference when I ran it so I stuck with Multistrike on them. Withering Touch as a support for Spiders shows a lot less DPS than a few other gems, and since BF + BV + Withering Touch does a great job keeping max Wither stacks I think we're better off with going for the biggest damage supports for Spiders and let our attack do the Wither stacks.

Since this is a budget version, I'm not using a 6 Link Calming Calamity, so we don't have enough mana to reserve for Malevolence :(

With Malevolence PoB is only showing about a 6k dps increased per spider, so about 120k DPS total increase. So a good non-budget option would be to grab a 6 Link Coming Calamity. Though, that still only leaves us with 5% unreserved, so we might need at least a lvl 2 enlighten.

Hello... Tks for this build. Start on Xbox today and try this because my last 3 chars using arakaali fang and I love this.

One question... If I change to Cyclone, use the same support gems?

Any changes on tree in 3.7 or the same?

Thanks! And sorry my english.
"
JamP wrote:
Hello... Tks for this build. Start on Xbox today and try this because my last 3 chars using arakaali fang and I love this.

One question... If I change to Cyclone, use the same support gems?

Any changes on tree in 3.7 or the same?

Thanks! And sorry my english.

Yea, the support gems would stay the same. If you can, please try both Blade Flurry and Cyclone and let us know which one you feel works better!

the tree for 3.7 is a little different than 3.6, it is updated so just follow the one in the guide.
what do you think about this one cheap less block but more hp almost 10k

https://pastebin.com/sewh2xgK

Last edited by davc1234567890 on Jun 11, 2019, 2:13:34 PM
"
what do you think about this one cheap less block but more hp almost 10k

https://pastebin.com/sewh2xgK

That looks really cool, I like the idea of Poacher's Mark too. Does it grant frenzies to Spiders/Scorpion when they get kills?

Your mana cost on Cyclone is 0, so you shouldn't need Blood Magic.

Also, since you're running Hatred, you could spend 3 points to grab Elemental Equilibrium and get any amount of fire/lightning damage to your attacks and get a nice DPS boost to your Spiders/Scorp. Grip of the Council Gloves would also work well with this. The only thing is you'd prob have to unspec out of some life, and you'd lose life on gloves so you'd be furter away from that juicy 10k life pool :(

Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Jun 11, 2019, 11:42:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info