I took a look at the random peoples getting choosen at the home page

And i noticed a lot of them just joined like 2 or 3 days ago and already got their key. Ive been here for like 1 years and still waiting to get one. Guess they are very lucky.
Dividing by 0.
Yep, its kindly unfaair :/
There also seems to be something odd about the selection. They stated that forum users have 10X the chance to get picked but uh... I have not seen anyone with forum posts get picked in quite some time.

Starting to wonder if maybe they messed up their code.
Either way, give me a beta invite and they can have all my money :)
"
Tenta wrote:
And i noticed a lot of them just joined like 2 or 3 days ago and already got their key. Ive been here for like 1 years and still waiting to get one. Guess they are very lucky.

And by 1 year you mean 7 months :)
From the news page, almost 47 thousand people tried the public beta this weekend. It would be interesting to know how many of them, like me, heard about PoE for the first time because of the public stress test.

I think it would be an indicator that the beta choices aren't truly random if a higher number of new folks weren't getting picked, just because they're are so many more of them than the folks that signed up a long time ago and are still waiting for a key.

Yes, it sucks that the age of your account doesn't also add a multiplier. Maybe the multiplier should be 10 + (date of your latest forum post - date of your first post measured in weeks). That would probably help make sure that the folks actively waiting for a beta key get a nudge and folks that signed up a long time ago and forgot about it don't. It would also give you a better multiplier the longer you've been waiting while still being active in the forums.
Last edited by Pandemoniac on Apr 2, 2012, 7:40:56 PM
I took a look at random peoples
Look at random peoples
random peoples
random
Bieterdohlen

Last Visited: 3 april 2012 09:59

He got choosen. Seriously?
Dividing by 0.
Last edited by Tenta on Apr 3, 2012, 3:01:44 PM
Bieterdohlen
Last Visited: April 3, 2012 1:59 PM
Total Forum Posts: 0 (0 posts per day)

what a lucky schmuck. he got chosen seconds after making his account. incredible...should play the lottery today
I saw someone who just joined this morning get a random key.

Not that he doesn't have any less of a fair shot at it than I do, I just found it amusing. xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info