[3.6] ETK's Howa Occultist - All content (extremely tanky + high dps)

Thank you very much for answering even during your break!

Okay, so without the lightning damage per int from Howa or a rare synthesis claw I will be lacking damage. That's a shame, but I guess nothing you can do about it. Thanks for the reply and have a good time!
Planning to do this build for Legion. Looks very well thought and fun. Would be great to have a detailed leveling guide though. There is a question I have:

-How do we mitigate Physical Damage?Immortal Call changes in 3.7 must be a pain now...

Note: all PoB pastebins return an SSL connection error.
Last edited by ArisFuser on Jun 1, 2019, 10:12:30 AM
"
ArisFuser wrote:
Planning to do this build for Legion. Looks very well thought and fun. Would be great to have a detailed leveling guide though. There is a question I have:

-How do we mitigate Physical Damage?Immortal Call changes in 3.7 must be a pain now...

Note: all PoB pastebins return an SSL connection error.

Sadly physical damage mitigation was the hardest thing to fit in the build as occy really didn't had the tools. The huge ehp pool was our main source of defense, and cwdt-ic was there to provide protection basically from physical shotguns like porcuspines as it only stop the dmg from the 2nd hit onward. Taste of Hate helped a bit (you could use a basalt too on the 5th slot) but ofc isn't reliable as we aren't pathfinders.

In the end, with near 20k es, i had no issue with any physical attacks, including the hardest hitting ones (boss nukes like shaper slam for example) as you can see in the uber elder fight (it only remove 1/3 of our es)

If you really wanna push this aspect for min-maxing reasons you still have some -expensive- options:
- If you get a really great helm with an open prefix you can craft "physical damage taken as fire damage". This work at ~80% efficency.
- You can get "physical taken as chaos" corruption on Atziri's reflection. Cost wise this is similar to getting a hh with a good corruption (around 100-150 ex)
- You can have endurance charges generation on the gear (again, expensive) or get them via enduring cry. at 3 ec, using the normal tree, you can squeeze 12% reduction here.

I had plans to update the guide but then Legion dropped, and all is going to change (hopefully this include the levelling process). But for that i really need to look into the patch notes.

About the SSL error, i have no idea why it is happening, will update the pobs and see if it get fixed.

Thanks so much for the thorough explanation. I am thinking that Incandescent adds a lot of Phys mitigation due to armour and provides +20% Elemental damage protection and 170k more DPS in Pob at the expense of 2000 ES with a really expensive Regalia. I don´t think a 6L 650+ES Shaper Regalia can be considered (40exalteds the cheapest).What would be the amount of currency needed to have a decent endgame HOWA Occultist, capable of farming UberElder and deep delve, something like 120 Exalteds? What fossils are the ones you used to craft highend gear?

Edit: removing the "s" from the HTTP in:

https://pastebin.com/10A7YJKV

did the trick for importing.

Last edited by ArisFuser on Jun 1, 2019, 4:21:31 PM
Incandescent Heart is completely viable (it is mentioned as the budget alternative), but the physical mitigation it provide isn't really noticeable. If you wanna take a look about how armor work in this game:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Armour

About the crafting, i just used alteration spamming since i wanted to have more control about the items and i had a guess that the result would be good even without gg gear. We can say the gear presented here isn't high-end at all :P

The only item where i really advice using Dense fossils is the chest, as it is the slot with the biggest base es and we want to capitalize on that with an extra 50% es increase. For helms, a metallic can provide "nearby enemies have -9% lightning reistance"

A shaped regalia could be bis (12% int + flat int) but a common regalia with an open suffix (on top of natural rolled int) allow us to craft 6% attributes, and that is good enough.

I bet if you play it smart you can make it work (uber elder - delve 800) in under 40-50 ex (mostly due to the shield, 15-25 if you skip it) and then upgrade from there.

Deep delving is completely different topic, and mostly depend on what you consider "deep". This version should stay solid till delve ~1000 if you avoid suicidal pathings, then you will probably need to swap setup for a more defensive one in order to progress.

And lastly keep in mind we have a huge patch hitting us in a week so i would personally wait till we get all the new info before doing anything.

Thank you very much for the response. Everything clear now. I will wait for the patch notes and then choose accordingly.
Seems like Occultist got pretty nerfed....Those crazy ES numbers and recoveries are going to be thing of the past now.
Are you going to be updating the guide when the patch notes hit? I was planning on running this for 3.7, but it looks like it might end up being better to do one of the life MS builds.

Edit: Nvm, looks like both ES, Occultist and MS got hit pretty hard.
Last edited by dropios on Jun 5, 2019, 2:29:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info