[Advice] New Marauder 2H spec questions

I'm a new player, and have restarted my marauder because of some poor passive choices.
Since this game needs to have good planning regarding the passive skillpoints, I'm having troubles planning my build because I have no experience on what is useful in end-game.

What I currently know is that I will probably play solo more then group, and be using 2H AoE.
I basically just want to get in the middle of everything and swing wildly, but not be totally useless at higher levels and take a good beating whilst maintaining some agro.

Speccing +HP, +STR and +2H passives are a nobrainer, but what are other good viable passives that I should consider?

Things like Resolute technique. Blood magic. Iron Will. Unwavering Stance. Should I aim to include any of these?

From what I've been playing around so far, this is the build I'm currently looking at.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecJlgsoEtkS4RQgFvkX6hmFGj4hAiFVIWAkqiThJyAotSkuKvYx-zIJNro26DbpOQ46Uj38QKBEnkSyR35QR1BQU7tUSVUdValVtVYEVw1YY1nzXzlfP2CIYSFhUmVNZp5ul3KpdPF27nuMfLiE2YZgh2qIOIzPkGyRzpe0mSucJ52KnrmezaCdoRui6qcwqRqpc6mUq8Wsqqy6reSwc7ndu-29gb_VwBrBBMbYypDSIdw93ePjaudS6wnstu4U7w7vTvGs8fTyL_Kc9kj3Mve--tL7RfyJ

However, it's a long way to go for that, and it'll probably change during the course of leveling aswell..

And how important are endurance charges?
Last edited by boone on Mar 13, 2013, 7:13:23 AM
Bump. Noone?
As a noob just follow a popular build here in the forum or:
http://www.exilepro.com/builds/marauder/503-marauder-ground-slam-melee

Notes on your tree:
- Try to make a plan for 80-90 points. Thats what you will mostly be playing with.
- Don`t take too many damage passives. They are only additive (and STR gives physical damage% as well). Survivability will be more important.
- So Life nodes are very important and you should have a lot more.
- For an optimized build you either go full on crit (and accuracy) or take Resolute Technique (and then of course no crit). I didnt see a good melee crit build yet, so dont try that as a noob ;).
- The combination of Unwavering Stance and Iron Reflexes is really good.
- You dont want to invest in Mana, so take Blood Magic in the midgame when you can`t support your spells anymore. (later you can switch to Blood Magic gems to run more auras)
- The 4 Life Gain/Leech nodes left from your starting point will become really bad mid/endgame.
- The Templar tree has a lot of valuable Nodes (Fitness, Catalyse, (Body&Soul), Discipline&Training, Slaughter, Amplify) and some Lifenodes. Almost everyone goes there.
Last edited by VisorX on Mar 13, 2013, 10:54:31 AM
Thanks, I'll have a look at that :)
Endurance charges are worth taking. You get reduced damage and extra 5% resists per charge. I use enduring cry to get charges, and personally I like the increased duration node. It bumps duration from 10 to 12 seconds. Might not sound like much but I 2 extra seconds can be the difference between life and death :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info