[3.11] YABB (Yet Another Bow Build) +5/+6 Ice Shot Chaingunner Delve 600+ Updated for 3.11

I am new to Ice Shot so I'd like to ask, how viable Barrage Support is with the skill?
Use it all the time or keep it on hand for boss fights only and replace mirage with it?
If drop in clear speed is not that substancial and u can run around with it all the time, then what to replace Mirage with as it's an utter waste of space on barrage type skills?

And as a side note, since I'm relatively new, can someone explain to me why Hypothermia, which I see in a lot of Ice Shot related builds? I see no immediate benefits to using that gem.
Sure freezing bosses every 10 hits on average doesn't sound bad. But as I understand it, Ice Shot doesn't have any cold damage over time effect that Hypothermia could boost and 39% more dmg to chilled doesn't work on any new mob group you haven't fired at yet (since in that case they aren't chilled yet). So even recently mentioned Inspiration support seems better at first glance. Hell even running Ice Bite along Added Cold on a non-raider character with just passive tree frenzy charges seems like a more appealing option - frenzy generation on killing frozen, 5% more freeze chance, lower than Add Cold but still substancial cold dmg and 1% per quality more dmg to frozen.
Unless I'm wrong and we do have some substancial cold over time damage hidden in the mechanics somewhere.
Last edited by cimerea on Dec 18, 2019, 4:58:02 AM
"
vonar27 wrote:
Im just wondering if its worth to get hyrri's ire 5 Link first then 6 Link later? for SA set. 3 EX for 5 L, 9+ EX for 6L

For Scourge Arrow you'll want Hyrri's and Chin Sol combo so then it's upto you really
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
cimerea wrote:
I am new to Ice Shot so I'd like to ask, how viable Barrage Support is with the skill?
Use it all the time or keep it on hand for boss fights only and replace mirage with it?
If drop in clear speed is not that substancial and u can run around with it all the time, then what to replace Mirage with as it's an utter waste of space on barrage type skills?

And as a side note, since I'm relatively new, can someone explain to me why Hypothermia, which I see in a lot of Ice Shot related builds? I see no immediate benefits to using that gem.
Sure freezing bosses every 10 hits on average doesn't sound bad. But as I understand it, Ice Shot doesn't have any cold damage over time effect that Hypothermia could boost and 39% more dmg to chilled doesn't work on any new mob group you haven't fired at yet (since in that case they aren't chilled yet). So even recently mentioned Inspiration support seems better at first glance. Hell even running Ice Bite along Added Cold on a non-raider character with just passive tree frenzy charges seems like a more appealing option - frenzy generation on killing frozen, 5% more freeze chance, lower than Add Cold but still substancial cold dmg and 1% per quality more dmg to frozen.
Unless I'm wrong and we do have some substancial cold over time damage hidden in the mechanics somewhere.

The Barrage support seems to be underwhelming at best, the issue is that ailments are applied based on the power of the hit so a single big hit will be more effective than a tonne of tiny hits.

Hypothermia is used because it's a giant more multiplier. If you look at the last line of the gem it's a more multiplier against chilled/frozen enemies and ice shot applies a giant chill. So whilst the first hit won't benefit from hypothermia the second will. And when you have enough flat damage more multipliers become far more useful than flat damage as for example with flat it'd be
100 + Added cold 100 + ice bite 100 + ele damage *2 = 600
With more multipliers you'd have
100 + added cold 100 + ele damage *2 = 400 then the next more multiplier *2 again makes that 800. (An extra 200 dps compared to the flat)

It's why a 6th link scales stupidly and things like Hyrris being a pseudo 7 link (having equivalent to a level 18 added cold) allows for even larger scaling)

Main rule of thumb
Having increased damage from one source sucks, having "increased" from multiple sources is better as it's a bunch of scaling
Same is true for More multipliers, 3 separate multipliers such as ele damage with attacks, hypothermia, damage on full life, the DPS gets multiplied 3 separate times, way more powerful
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Dec 18, 2019, 5:18:11 AM
Thinking about rerolling my EA Deadeye into this, since EA seems to have kinda reached the cap at T14 maps..
I am just not so sure about just how big the damage can scale with this build, I really want to avoid a 2nd reroll.

Can anybody reassure me with some done content ? Like does this clear T14+ bosses and morphs with ease ?
"
xclark wrote:
Thinking about rerolling my EA Deadeye into this, since EA seems to have kinda reached the cap at T14 maps..
I am just not so sure about just how big the damage can scale with this build, I really want to avoid a 2nd reroll.

Can anybody reassure me with some done content ? Like does this clear T14+ bosses and morphs with ease ?

I'll have the video for that up tonight.
Hello!
I'm wondering, if I can't afford an Opus, should i go for a Harp or a Chin Sol?
"
zuuuuo wrote:
Hello!

I'd say go farm the queen in the Mud Flats for The Lion and if you so happen, use Lioneye's Glare when you get it xD At least until you can afford Opus.

And as a side bonus you might get lucky and get Lioneye's Fall and be super happy :]
Cos I spent An hour doing mud flats to get a lioneyes remorse I'm gonna hold out in that
Last edited by SynixProcessing on Dec 18, 2019, 6:09:01 AM
"
zuuuuo wrote:
Hello!

I'm using a 5l harp ATM. Gonna farm chin sol from alleyways map
"
Cos I spent An hour doing mud flats to get a lioneyes remorse I'm gonna hold out in that

Heh... An hour...
Once time has come to get the claw nodes in my tree and I saw how much they want for Lioneye's Fall this league I spent an entire afternoon after work to get that damn jewel...

On a side note, for those budist monk type of patient guys, farming them in mud flats might be a nice source of income :]

After one afternoon of that entertainment I was utterly braindead, so Ima pass on all dat moneyz.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info