[On Hold] Bane Occultist - League Start/SSF Viable - All Content

"
babicko wrote:

I hope you are not comparing it to your herald stacking guardian. One-league, broken meta builds will always be better than anything else
Not only that, but overpowered builds always require 5-10 times the budget to actually shine because so many people play these builds that it drives the prices up. It's like comparing it to some explode whole screen assassin but you need double influenced chest, asenath gloves, tailwind boots, specific cluster jewels, etc. etc. otherwise you aren't exploding anything but yourself because all you have is 4k life and elusive proc to not die and your defense is kill them before they kill you.

On the other hand, if you happen to find a headhunter or drop a mirror, you should definitely invest it into an assassin over a bane witch, you'll get much more out of it.
Hey, been looking at this build to be my next league starter for some time and was wondering after the very recent change to corruption cluster, does it make the build perform "alot" worse or would you just supplement it instead with cluster jewel with chaos multi when you get to maps instead?
"
Dreamalive wrote:
was wondering after the very recent change to corruption cluster, does it make the build perform "alot" worse
20% increased effect of withered if you're specced into Withering Presence ascendancy node is actually a buff. The withered expires slower I'm not sure how good it is once you apply temp chains, the way its worded in the tooltip.

There are a lot of sources of chaos dot multi, but not that many sources of "enemies take increased damage", except withered stacks, despair and malediction.

On the subject of cluster jewels, they're great for chaos builds that don't have that many damage nodes on the tree dedicated to them, unless tree update adds any. If you can get a cluster jewel that isn't a waste of points, go for it (large 8 points, medium 4-5 points).
Will you be updating this for 3.11?
Is bane capable of day 2-3 shaper kills?
I'm using this build as my league starter for Harvest (level 41 now). Never played a DoT caster build before though - does anyone have advice for early gear besides the generic leveling uniques? I did get lucky and drop a Tabula, so I'm dealing plenty of damage for now.

What should we anoint on our amulet?
The PoB link is for the 3.7 version. Is it otherwise unchanged? Thinking about playing around with this build, but am new to the game and not really familiar with the passive tree yet.
"
CAChadwick wrote:
The PoB link is for the 3.7 version. Is it otherwise unchanged? Thinking about playing around with this build, but am new to the game and not really familiar with the passive tree yet.

This Pastebin link from the original post is compatible with the current tree according to PoB: https://pastebin.com/PnY9aSa5

I am a little surprised there are no cluster jewels in that build though. I'm also new to this build concept but clusters seemed generally irresistible to me in Delirium.
You shouldnt focus on cluster jewels at the start. I play Bane since 3 Leagues but the pop version because she works a lot better for farming/clearing. I mentioned already in the thread here. If you have the right currency (Bane isnt expensive. Last league devoring diadem was 10c...) focus on cluster jewels with damage overtime multiplier. Thats it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info