No lobby or group finder?

I got to play Path of Exile at the stress test weekend and was impressed. I encountered many, many really good design choices throughout the game.

But there is one thing missing really bad: the option to group up in a very casual, spontaneous way. In games like Diablo, Sacred or Titan Quest, you have lists of open games and you can join anywhere and tag along with anyone who was playing there, up to 8 players.

I (and probably many others) enjoyed this simple system, because more players always mean stronger opponents and WAY more loot and XP.
I really don't care about talking all day long to other players about partying up, I just want to start the game up and join a party in their mindless monster killing.

So, will there be anything like that in Path of Exile?
I agree!
You should post this in the suggestions thread so they'll be able to see your suggestion.

In the beta currently, you can press "S" and a social page comes up, from here you can search and type in anyone's name and send them a friend request and party invite.
I'm pretty sure someone suggested this, so I would search that forum before posting.

Great idea though.
Spoke to one of the GGG folks in game yesterday and he confirmed that they are, in fact, planning to have some sort of group finder mechanism at some point. He didn't clarify whether or not it was to exist at launch, and I don't want to put words into his mouth... but it will be there at some point for sure!

Wishin' I had a beta key as I am home sick today :(
"
WalterHWhite wrote:

I'm pretty sure someone suggested this, so I would search that forum before posting.

Yeah, I'll do that. I just wanted to know if there was anything like that already in the game or at least planned and I just missed it.
"
Thursday_Next wrote:
Spoke to one of the GGG folks in game yesterday and he confirmed that they are, in fact, planning to have some sort of group finder mechanism at some point.

Thank you for that information. I'll keep monitoring the site for news about this then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info