Thank you.

I'd like to offer my sincere and heart-felt thanks to the creators of this game. You have restored my faith in the industry.

For years, as I watched the quality of this game genre degrade and decay, I mourned. Each game released was more dull, more cardboard, more bland than the last. Surely these products should be getting better, not worse. Surely a focus on palpable play experience and sound game design, rather than just raw sales, will bubble to the surface. But time after time, I grew more disappointed, more bitter.

My hopes were all but torn asunder recently, when I managed to acquire, via some third-rate amateurish site, a beta key to what turned out to be a third-rate amateurish game. A game that was immensely hyped, given its powerfully successful predecessor and its well-known creator. A travesty, in every respect: no challenge, no intrigue, no thought went into its architecture. An empty game; a mindless, hollow experience.

But when I read about this game -- its features, its design intent, its sales model -- a spark of excitement was rekindled. When I logged in for the first time, I dared once again taste hope. And when I played, for most of the weekend, I felt vindication, fulfillment. At last; I've come home. A fun experience throughout. A rich and vibrant skill system -- two systems in fact, interwoven. And best of all, developers who GET IT. They interact with their own player base. They take pride in their creation. They care.

So thanks again, makers of Path of Exile. I will be acquiring a beta key straight away via micro-transaction, glad to be donating to a worthy cause. And I will be participating actively in the beta process, giving feedback that I am confident will be given due consideration, helping to improve what is already an absolutely wonderful game experience.
GREENS vs. REDS: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/246#p811501
The Prisoner's Dilemma: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/262#p813428
Lethal_papercut's discussion with Chris: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/235#p806542
I kind of agree.

I can't even begin to wait for the ability to buy a beta key.

Quite honestly, to support a game like this I'd be willing to pay pretty close to a retail box price if they got it out sometime before tonight so I could play when I got home!

Never has this been more appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQCP85FngzE
"
Xaxyx wrote:
I'd like to offer my sincere and heart-felt thanks to the creators of this game. You have restored my faith in the industry.

For years, as I watched the quality of this game genre degrade and decay, I mourned. Each game released was more dull, more cardboard, more bland than the last. Surely these products should be getting better, not worse. Surely a focus on palpable play experience and sound game design, rather than just raw sales, will bubble to the surface. But time after time, I grew more disappointed, more bitter.

My hopes were all but torn asunder recently, when I managed to acquire, via some third-rate amateurish site, a beta key to what turned out to be a third-rate amateurish game. A game that was immensely hyped, given its powerfully successful predecessor and its well-known creator. A travesty, in every respect: no challenge, no intrigue, no thought went into its architecture. An empty game; a mindless, hollow experience.

But when I read about this game -- its features, its design intent, its sales model -- a spark of excitement was rekindled. When I logged in for the first time, I dared once again taste hope. And when I played, for most of the weekend, I felt vindication, fulfillment. At last; I've come home. A fun experience throughout. A rich and vibrant skill system -- two systems in fact, interwoven. And best of all, developers who GET IT. They interact with their own player base. They take pride in their creation. They care.

So thanks again, makers of Path of Exile. I will be acquiring a beta key straight away via micro-transaction, glad to be donating to a worthy cause. And I will be participating actively in the beta process, giving feedback that I am confident will be given due consideration, helping to improve what is already an absolutely wonderful game experience.

'A travesty, in every respect: no challenge, no intrigue, no thought went into its architecture. An empty game; a mindless, hollow experience.'

Just because something doesn't appeal to your likings doesn't mean it is what you described there.
You could say the exact same quote about POE.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Apr 2, 2012, 12:29:57 PM
i havent played yet but i think the game is awesome))
Very, very well said.

I think I played the beta of the other game for a few hours - it was fun, but forgettable. This game has me begging on message boards for a damned beta key. The customization is just... it's so good. It's so good.

Kudos to the team!
"
Tagek wrote:

'A travesty, in every respect: no challenge, no intrigue, no thought went into its architecture. An empty game; a mindless, hollow experience.'

Just because something doesn't appeal to your likings doesn't mean it is what you described there.
You could say the exact same quote about POE.

What he was writing is more a personal, philosophical view and an expression of his disappointment. The described game might not be like this for other people, but for him, it was.
You can't really criticize this form of expression.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info