[RETIRED] MUSCLEMANCER 2 | Souleater Winter Orb JUGG | Insane Clearspeed | Immune to Phys Damage

... I get this like 7-12 TIMES per map, each map! Let me repeat this: I get this like 7-12 TIMES per map, each map! Not just like once or twice per map. It's so often that I don't even know if it's me or a bug (update it's both).

There is no point in going back. I can rarely even clear an obelisk without losing the souls in between. Unplayable..

I filled a bug report yes. But good for you that you only have it once in a while and then flame me for complaining about it. Sheesj. But fine my apologies I didn't mean to crack down on this build because this build is really nice (if it works). But for me personally it's as unplayable as it gets and I can't do red maps.

Updates (lots of reading):
Spoiler

It seems that not all kills count for the souleater either. If I count kills I miss roughly 30% of kills for my soulstacks. Apparently I kill enemies outside of the soul-steal-area (or whatever) which also contributes to a lower soulstack on top of the 'bug'.

Also I do confirm the original mentioned bug. It seems that instant heal flasks also cause problems. So if you use an instant heal flask to save yourself and then use a manaflask again you WILL BUG. So you will have to /AFK or return to HO for a while in between.

It seems that it does not matter whether or not I use 1 flask or 5 flasks but I cannot fully reproduce all occurrences. But I often press the manaflask too early judging from my replays which does cause the original mentioned bug to occur.

So far I already found 4 reasons for my stacks being always so low. Yes there are 2 bugs. Yes I do something wrong on top of that. Lastly I kill too many mobs that don't count for my stacks.

There is a second bug on top of the original mentioned one. I managed to enter a map, use ONE flask, kill stuff and see my souls reset at 31 stacks back to zero w/o ever using a 2nd flask use.

I must correct myself, using multiple flasks does cause another bug!
I found out that when you use 3 manaflasks with the same duration, sometimes 1 or 2 flasks expires MUCH sooner compared to the last flask. I have no idea why this is and I'm trying to get it on video.

Solutions found so far (still incomplete since I still can't solve the 2nd bug):
Spoiler
As mentioned in the guide do NOT press any flask until the old ones expire. Using 1 or multiple does not matter but you must wait until all expired. If you had to use an instant flask in between, return to HO and then back into the map afterwards. GGG should really have fixed this...

Do NOT use Rampage (Sinvicta's Mettle) as it will kill too many mobs out of range of your souleater. This is not mentioned anywhere that I could find but my tests confirm to me that Rampage causes problems.

Do NOT use IL or HH (guide does mention this).

4. Do NOT use more than 1 flask at a time. There is a separate bug regarding this.

If you screw up multiple actions during a run it will cause a vicious circle and the problems will intensify immensely. By adhering to these 3 solutions I actually managed to get 300 stacks for the first time ever. There shall still be resets but I cannot explain those.

6. Don't get hit by nullifier mobs

So if you already have stack problems, do not use Rampage on top of it as it will drastically lower your stacks due to the resets. I'm sorry but the guide needs some updating.

/off-topic tips:
- You cannot run maps that are hexproof because you then cannot get your own curse reflected then. But you can switch bodyarmor to the one that bypasses hexproof.
- If you encounter a divine shrine you literally become god since it expires so extremely slow that you can clear the entire map with it with 0.00% chance of dying. In fact all shrines are OP on this build since they virtually never expire.
Last edited by silverdash on Jun 24, 2019, 3:50:20 PM
I actually found a way to make it playable. Sure it still happens so now and then and it can be RIP if it happens just before a boss fight but we have Vaal Breach to make a bit up for it (not ideal but doable against most bosses I guess).

So okay it is playable without IL but good lord a lot of work-around knowledge is required and even then the bug can still screw you at the worst possible time in the worst possible map if unlucky.

I still hope GGG fixes this because I do not want to go to level 100 with these bug(s).
Is this build playable?
Wow that took only 30 seconds to get on video it occurred straight away. It is indeed related to using multiple flasks which means you should never use more than 1 flask!

Watch flasks #4 & #5. They expire too early and cause me to lose all my souls. I should be gaining souls from flask #3 but that one at this point also seems bugged.
https://streamable.com/652nc

This bug occurred multiple times during this very same map. I tried to catch that other bug on video but got this one instead (multiple times).

I will crosspost this on the bug report as well. Though, I still have a 3rd issue (3rd possible bug).

"
Is this build playable?

Depends on your definition of playable. If you follow the guide, don't get confused by the guide, my solutions, scroll through all the other posts here and don't mind working around multiple game bugs then yeah it's playable. I can run red maps now and no IL required. Build is fine, game is not.
Last edited by silverdash on Jun 23, 2019, 4:21:23 PM
That's a joke, right? :D
Everything is explained since post 1...
"
Use Vaal Portal to refresh your Death's Oath debuff or begin stacking Souleater. I like refreshing my mana flask and using Vaal Portal while im waiting for Memory loot to drop. Using Vaal Portal in boss rooms is great too to keep everything going.

From that, to from "only use one pot"...At some point people can't do more and play for ya.
The build is working well, and when you read carefully through the first post and play a couple of maps, it becomes pretty straightforward - two buttons basically, not counting slam and mana flask.
It does need a good layout judging from my short experience, with a lot of rares and decent packs to keep running on the first mana flask.

I wonder if there might be easier ways to get self-cursed without re-casting bv.
Anymore leveling tips? I'm stuck in the beginning of act 8 rn.
woah
Looks like a really fun build. I am still leveling the build however I noticed that I don't have enough to have Herald of Ash, Vitality, and Discipline to run all the same time.

Did I miss something by chance? I checked the PoB, and the thread however I wasn't able to find anything to confirm.

Thanks for any responses!
"
Pracis wrote:
Looks like a really fun build. I am still leveling the build however I noticed that I don't have enough to have Herald of Ash, Vitality, and Discipline to run all the same time.

Did I miss something by chance? I checked the PoB, and the thread however I wasn't able to find anything to confirm.

Thanks for any responses!

Maybe open your profile? Because 35%+35%+25%, that's doesn't make 100%++ reserved.
I test this belt with my equip but always lose all souls, and dont know how sustain this, can help please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info