Diablo 4 Would Kill Path of Exile

"
Anointedone wrote:
"
Let's be honest. There simply hasn't been an arpg good enough to top PoE's constant release of content. It's clear the community is getting fed up with half arsed content being released just to be released. I haven't been bored with a league this soon since I started playing this game. If Diablo 4 were released tomorrow, the PoE playerbase would flock.

If you listened at all to what the Devs said about D4, it's going to be exactly the same as D3 when it comes to target market. That being people who can only play an hour or so a day, but still want to feel like they made character progress. So, it's going to be a lot more casual, rain legendaries and set items etc. PoE will still pull the more dedicated player, who wants a game that doesn't hand gear over on a silver platter. D4 at best, will fill the holes of PoE when a league sucks or nearing its end. I highly doubt D4 is going to compete at all for the same target market. Sorry for using logic, people like you who always think the sky is falling can't seem to grasp the concept.

Man I wish you were wrong about D4, but I've watched hours upon hours now of every bit of information I can get my hands on about it.

And absolutely, Blizzard's goal with D4 is casual. According to the twitch / youtubers who got to essentially have a private meeting with the devs, they even still plan on having a paragon like system. Because for some reason just playing for loot drops isn't enough, they want to make sure your 14 minutes before work 'count for something'.

If they actually scrap the current itemization plans for gear I'll support the hell out of D4, but every single sign points to their targets being only the casuals.

Cmonnn 4.0 please be amazing
"
cgexile wrote:
But we don't have a choice to turn it off in town or in a party. Almost every char is just an over the top particle effect in Oriath. So those that don't like it retreat to their hideout, like me. But I feel lonely in my hideout. I want to stay in Oriath so I can see my bro exiles. Ah fuck it I'm just going back to my hideout. The multiplayer experience is going to be a huge differentiator between the 2 games, and you can sort of tell which one is shaping up to have the best multiplayer experience.

I can't really relate, as I only play with people I know, so we can say "hey, you, can you remove that MTX"? And can't imagine the day I party up with strangers.

But yes, the multiplayer/guild experience in PoE is beneath par, while Diablo 4 is pushing it too far for this genre.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Blizard just ruined it for everyone that it folks no need to worry gonna be always online microtransaction and paid expansions
The main char is a half-elf for the whole story OSHOCK FACEo
"
csabijo wrote:
Blizard just ruined it for everyone that it folks no need to worry gonna be always online microtransaction and paid expansions

To hell with games that require you to be online and have MTX right?!? Im so glad PoE doesn't do this.
"
Rich85 wrote:
To hell with games that require you to be online and have MTX right?!? Im so glad PoE doesn't do this.

It's one thing, being a F2P title and push MTX's pretty aggressively, while at the same time push out free expansions pretty aggressively. It's another thing when a AAA priced title, with planned AAA priced expansions decides to throw MTX's on top of that.

No one seems to care, though, which is very... Peculiar.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
My list "No-No" for D4. I really hope it will change, but I'm not blind nor I can lie to myself.
Quotes from: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/46583-new-information-from-dev-interview-and-streams-key-dungeons-expansions-no-ah-and-more/

"There will be something similar to paragon levels, that "fulfills that same goal" as paragon levels did"
Fail.
"No specific solo "self-found" game mode"
Wtf?
"It will not be viable as an exclusive endgame (you can't "just" be a crafter)"
In other words, crafting will be suck.
"Base game and expansions + Cosmetic microtransactions"
To greedy for nothing special, new or exiting in genre.
"It seems the entire overworld will be populated by players you run in to"
I don't want forced MMO, even in PoE I don't like ppl with pets in clown MTXes. Immersion matters.

Current itemization, talents and rune system are to simplimistic.
Only 5 classes.
Cooldowns everywhere, useless floating damage numbers, annoying red error message from WoW, flashing mobs.

From information that we have for now, sadly D4 is another D3 in new cover.
SSF only
Reading the last few replies, I do not get why some people are so deadset against cosmetic microtransactions. Personally I love seeing them on other players. Even the ones I do not have or can not have(closed beta ones for example).

Some players somehow come up with the craziest and most awesome combo's of mtx, and mtx+regular gear combo's. Things I wouldn't be able to come up with, but which look awesome.

Though most of my other reasons to not buy D4 are basically the same:
-Terrible itemization
-No free-trading ( seriously, why hunt for loot if it is worth 0 )
-Barely any character building
-Skillsystem
-No upgrades from D2's systems, some even removed (like runewords, jewels, charms, etc)
-Cooldowns
-Too much like a non-diablo game (D3)
-Annoying yellow monsters affixes, causing these encounters to be only a run, run, run, run-fest.
-Expansion packs adding level range.(Great for games like WoW, terrible for ARPG's as it voids all previous time spend farming gear)

Things I do not mind about D4:
-MMO-type, since there is an opt out. This might actually be quite cool.
-Cosmetic microtransactions.
-Darker atmosphere.
-Smooth gameplay. (for some reason I always had rubberbanding issues with only D3)

The problem I see coming up with D4 is the same one as which got D3's second expansion canceled: They will barely(not) have a revenue stream, even with awesome microtransactions. Since it looks like they will build the game like D3 mostly, it will have the same result. People will either dislike the game, or be done with it very quickly. Which means the microtransactions will barely sell as well, as only the extreme left-over die-hards would buy them. Causing D4 to go into maintenance mode almost as fast as D3 did. (this is just my expectation)

This is the major advantage of D2's and PoE's itemization. Lesser drops means each item will have their own worth in the trading system. People might be able to find them, so they play. Or they might be able to trade for it eventually, so they play.

ARPG's need good itemization.
hahahhaha

D4 was looking like trash no crafting/small passiive choice/ another game for 85iq kids lol

its just cash grab from blizzard - deal with it
my builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113935
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113984/page/1#p15407041
"
sarannah101 wrote:
Reading the last few replies, I do not get why some people are so deadset against cosmetic microtransactions. Personally I love seeing them on other players. Even the ones I do not have or can not have(closed beta ones for example).

Some players somehow come up with the craziest and most awesome combo's of mtx, and mtx+regular gear combo's. Things I wouldn't be able to come up with, but which look awesome.

Though most of my other reasons to not buy D4 are basically the same:
-Terrible itemization
-No free-trading ( seriously, why hunt for loot if it is worth 0 )
-Barely any character building
-Skillsystem
-No upgrades from D2's systems, some even removed (like runewords, jewels, charms, etc)
-Cooldowns
-Too much like a non-diablo game (D3)
-Annoying yellow monsters affixes, causing these encounters to be only a run, run, run, run-fest.
-Expansion packs adding level range.(Great for games like WoW, terrible for ARPG's as it voids all previous time spend farming gear)

Things I do not mind about D4:
-MMO-type, since there is an opt out. This might actually be quite cool.
-Cosmetic microtransactions.
-Darker atmosphere.
-Smooth gameplay. (for some reason I always had rubberbanding issues with only D3)

The problem I see coming up with D4 is the same one as which got D3's second expansion canceled: They will barely(not) have a revenue stream, even with awesome microtransactions. Since it looks like they will build the game like D3 mostly, it will have the same result. People will either dislike the game, or be done with it very quickly. Which means the microtransactions will barely sell as well, as only the extreme left-over die-hards would buy them. Causing D4 to go into maintenance mode almost as fast as D3 did. (this is just my expectation)

This is the major advantage of D2's and PoE's itemization. Lesser drops means each item will have their own worth in the trading system. People might be able to find them, so they play. Or they might be able to trade for it eventually, so they play.

ARPG's need good itemization.
+++++++++ for -Skillsystem
-No upgrades from D2's systems, some even removed (like runewords, jewels, charms, etc) witchaut advanced gameplay d4 would be disaster but i think they think we are all idiots that just want click random buttons.... good for poe devs was thniking difrent
my builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113935
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2113984/page/1#p15407041
"
Varilecki wrote:
hahahhaha

D4 was looking like trash no crafting/small passiive choice/ another game for 85iq kids lol

its just cash grab from blizzard - deal with it

they were forced to make it for adults since last years fiasco,they said dark and bloody like you wanted, not like a game about hell on earth and demons should be :)) ... my point is they are pissed they can't cash grab from all ages withg D4 but they had to do it caus people hated them for D3 and D immortal both big cash grab moves.
Last edited by BlackPulsar on Nov 9, 2019, 11:26:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info