[3.6] The Fourth Horseman: Death - CI Death Oath's Obliteration Occultist -Easy/Fast/Cheap,Clear All

Image Courtesy of Daniel Kamarudin

Don't like pressing buttons? Don't like Dying? Want to map fast while half asleep? Do you like watching things explode?

Well This is the build for you!

Concept:
Basically this is my take on a Death Oath build. This build allows you to blow up multiple screens at a time passively. We use Profane Bloom stacked with Dual Obliteration Wands to achieve this. Death Oath always felt like a subpar Righteous Fire, not any more!

Highlights:

Mostly Passive Damage
High Movement Speed
Large ES Pool with CI
Chaos Explosions are Fun
Multiple Defensive Layers
High ES Regen
Clear End Game Bosses with an easy Chest Swap
Playing this character will make you wonder why you ever bothered clearing with Bane/Soul Rend/ED Contagion.

Videos:
Spoiler

Some Delving:https://youtu.be/PV2M9SRzarg
All End Game inc Uber Elder: https://youtu.be/UEajQj4cwMA
Build Guide inc T16 Map Clear: https://youtu.be/c4ZCKQBxps4

POB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/K3JZ9JpE

Ascendancy:
Spoiler
Wicked Ward
Vile Bastion
Void Beacon
Profane Bloom

Gear Breakdown:
Spoiler
Chest:

Cornerstone of the build. No Links required only 5 off colors.

Endgame Boss Chest:

Easy swap for when you want to do endgame bossing. Grab yourself a 6 Link High ES chest piece. This one was only 3ex. Don't forget you'll drop 12 All Res and 50 All Atttributes when you switch so make sure your covered for that.

Main Hand/Off Hand:

Dual Obliteration Wands to blow up the whole screen and more. INC AOE corruption is nice here and are around 10c with it. Off colouring sucks though if you go with the corrupt.

Weapon Swap:

We use this weapon swap for Endgame Bosses and Map Bosses. Bow here is what I would consider to be the BIS. If you can't afford the +1 Implicit just go without it. This automatically shoots out a Essence drain which lasts much longer than the cool down.

Quiver is basically a free extra 3 sockets. This lets me keep my CWDT setup when weapon swapping. Other option is to use soul Strike.

Gloves:

Free bane (Which also stacks wither) linked with cast while channeling and soulrend. Use this on tougher enemies.

Boots:

Basic ES, Resistance, Movement Speed, Attribute boots.

Helm:

Aberrant Fossil crafted held. High ES and res if you can.

Belt

Good place to get strength,Flat ES, %ES and Resistances.

Amulet:

%ES, Attributes, Resistances, Chaos Damage, Area Damage

Rings:

Flat ES, %ES, Resistances, Attributes.

1 of these needs Aspect of the Spider on it.

Passive Skill Tree:

Flasks:
Spoiler

Jewels:
Spoiler
Uniques:

Spreading Rot stacks wither when we use our blight.
Intuitive Leap lets us grab Overcharged and Melding nodes easily.
Damage or Minion Damage corrupts are nice here.

Watchers Eye Priorities:
Best
Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity

Great
Unaffected by Bleeding while affected by Malevolence
(15-20) %increased Recovery rate of Life and Energy Shield while affected by Malevolence
(20-30)% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline
(1.5-2.5)% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline
(30-40)% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge while affected by Discipline

Other Jewel Priority:
+Maximum Energy Shield
Onslaught on Kill
+Mana
Increased Damage if You've Killed Recently
Resists/Stats

Bandits:
Spoiler
Kill All

Pantheon:
Spoiler
Major: Soul of Solaris for Bossing/ Lunaris for Mapping
Minor: Change as required, generally I use Tukohama for Bossing and Garukhan for mapping

Enchantments/Corruptions:
Spoiler
Boots: 2% Regen or 10% Move Speed
Gloves: of Light (Any Level), of spite (any Level), +1 To Gems
Helm:Enfeeble Curse Effect is probably best

My Other Builds

Last bumped on Jun 6, 2019, 1:08:52 PM
curious how the passive part works with standing around and things blowing up or running around how does that mechanic works.

also would you add a leveling guide to it knowing how i start what skill i use and such with low lvl skill tree
Last edited by Saladin2 on May 10, 2019, 12:35:25 AM
This build looks really interesting and I want to try it out. Would you mind adding a leveling guide please? Thank you.
im curious if you tried using Breath of the Council
Carnal Sceptre instant wouldn't that be far more chaos dmg. making death oath more powerful
"
Kevin815 wrote:
This build looks really interesting and I want to try it out. Would you mind adding a leveling guide please? Thank you.

dont think hes looking at post or bothering ,, i used Soulrend skill with supports-void manipulation-greater multiple projectile-control destruction-efficacy-arcane surge into a tabula for leveling and following exactly his tree. its going very well as the soulrend melts enemies. aside from that just use whatever u can get on items. resis es life and the usual

what is a 5 off color what if i can get max 5 sockets which sockets should i go for?
Last edited by Saladin2 on May 13, 2019, 7:25:30 PM
What is the total cost of this build?
Can you try this build as league starter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info