[3.7] Absolute Zero - Shatter the Endgame (2m+ Shaper DPS 9k+ ES Tanky Worb Trickster All content)

"
faytte wrote:
So it seems trading out the mainhand for beltimer is not a bad option at all. You lose damage obviously, but gain 2 projectiles (using your POB, the 776154 dps per projectile goes down to 484860 dps per project , but 5 projectiles (3.8M) vs 7 projectiles (3.4M) and that is without counting Far Shot giving another 30% more potentially.

Given you can get the beltimer for like...20 chaos, that might be an easy way to save a lot on this build.

In terms of a budget weapon Beltimber Blade is not very efficient for this build.

Let me use numbers from your example.

776,154 DPS per projectile this assumes that 4 to 7 projectiles will impact and splash on a given target, with 5 hitting most targets.

This means we get 4*776,154 = 3,104k as a worst case, 5*776,154 3881k impacting most of the time and 7*776,154 = 5,433k as a best case (an enemy with a massive hitbox like Kitava).

Now let's run the same thing with the Beltimber Blade:

484,860 damage per projectile, we can assume the average minimum will now always be 5, with Dying Sun raising this to 7 most of the time, and all 9 impacting in rare cases.

484,860 * 5 = 2,424k (28% dmg loss), moving on to the average case 484,860 * 6 = 2,909k (33% dmg loss) and then finally the best case 484,860 * 9 = 4,364k (24% dmg loss).

In short increasing the number of projectiles does help to scale your Worb damage, but because the projectiles fire in a spread cluster, it does not function identically to a skill such as Barrage where more projectiles would always lead to more damage. So you have to assume some projectiles will "miss"

Admittedly I am factoring in Dying Sun in my above calculations, so I guess we could go more budget and remove that, in which case, yes if all of your projectiles hit it is 3,881k (my weap) vs 3,394k (Beltimber) which is only a 14% damage loss but most of the time we can assume at least half the time 1 of the 7 projectiles will not splash the main target, we're back at roughly 23% damage lost.

However there are other inexpensive options such as:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Synthesis/aqdw4Mse

I randomly picked several of the cheaper options on this list and put them into my PoB and got 15.5% dps loss (10c), 13.5% dps loss (35c) and 11.7% loss (100c). Even at the 10c level you can find a weapon that will reliably add more dps than a Beltimber Blade.

In conclusion I would say that Beltimber Blade could be a cheap starting option if it was lower cost than all of the caster weapons above, or if you were playing a dual wield build, but I do NOT advise dropping Light of Lunaris as you will be much squishier, and Beltimber Blades will not add enough damage to make up for it even dropping GMP. I will add a small mention of it, just in case prices do shift.

Remember Light of Lunaris gives:
Cold damage to spells
Spell Crit
65-66% crit Multi at all times
55% spell damage at all times
5% cast speed
+20% crit Multi and spell damage from Rumi's
40-41% chance to block attacks (Tempest Shield and Arcane Swiftness cannot be used without a shield)

-----

Small note on Far Shot: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Far_Shot

"Far Shot is a notable Ascendancy passive skill for the Deadeye that grants increased projectile speed and Far Shot, causing projectile attacks to deal more damage the further they travel."

Far Shot normally will not add damage to spells, the only version which does is Ascendant sub-Deadeye, which adds up to 50% Increased damage to Projectiles as they travel.
Last edited by Tenkiei on Apr 8, 2019, 1:05:52 AM
So while I see google responses indicating it to be the case, looking at the note on the wiki I cannot see why Far Shot would not apply to WORB? Nothing in it says it wouldnt apply to spells (I appreciate that it probably doesn't, just cant see the justification as to why it behaves that way). EDIT: I just noticed the keyword there is ATTACK. Woops.

Also i was not advocating dual wielding the blade and dropping the shield, but just using 1 of the blade. I think the shield and the shield nodes are fantastic. The only swap I did was swapping out the mainhand for 1 beri blade, and yeah I'm not using a dying sun atm, so I believe the 7 projectiles are likely to hit on most targets where the single target will matter (I could be wrong!). I have not done the math on it, but it also opens the path for you to use a wise oak as well in lieu of the dying sun.

Edit: Quick math from POB with Wiseoak on the Beltimber raised the per orb dps form 469463 to 512083 on your end game POB (706105 without changes). Presuming that like a dying sun that all 7 projectiles are mostly connecting on targets that matter then it comes out equal, but if you miss attacks it certainly falls behind for sure. I don't know enough about WORB missing big targets when there are 7 projectiles to say anything about that.
Last edited by faytte on Apr 8, 2019, 2:00:06 AM
"
faytte wrote:
So while I see google responses indicating it to be the case, looking at the note on the wiki I cannot see why Far Shot would not apply to WORB? Nothing in it says it wouldnt apply to spells (I appreciate that it probably doesn't, just cant see the justification as to why it behaves that way). EDIT: I just noticed the keyword there is ATTACK. Woops.

Also i was not advocating dual wielding the blade and dropping the shield, but just using 1 of the blade. I think the shield and the shield nodes are fantastic. The only swap I did was swapping out the mainhand for 1 beri blade, and yeah I'm not using a dying sun atm, so I believe the 7 projectiles are likely to hit on most targets where the single target will matter (I could be wrong!). I have not done the math on it, but it also opens the path for you to use a wise oak as well in lieu of the dying sun.

If you watch the way Worb clusters its projectiles, you can assume that .5 to 1 of your projectiles will miss on single target. So I'd still advocate for some of the cheaper caster weapons over the Beltimber in the long run. Wise Oak is a decent way to balance things out and make up the difference until you can afford a dying sun. I think I'll add that as an alternative actually (and give you credit for bringing it up)

Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos and Cast speed are just extremely powerful damage scalars.

Edit: Also, you lose some increased Area by not using Dying Sun so as few as 5 may hit on single target, I would calculate for 5 to 6 just to be on the safe side and treat 7 as an "ideal".

IE: in my current gear if I want to go into PoB and manually edit things to see my accurate damage during flasks, etc I'd do 1,130k * 5 = 5,650k and assume that's my damage with dying sun (if I shoot low and do better than expected I'm less likely to die to over-calculating my damage). Then for fun I can turn on Vaal RF and do 1,444k * 7 = 10,113k as my max damage under ideal circumstances on single target.
Last edited by Tenkiei on Apr 8, 2019, 2:05:27 AM
"
Tenkiei wrote:
"
faytte wrote:

If you watch the way Worb clusters its projectiles, you can assume that .5 to 1 of your projectiles will miss on single target. So I'd still advocate for some of the cheaper caster weapons over the Beltimber in the long run. Wise Oak is a decent way to balance things out and make up the difference until you can afford a dying sun. I think I'll add that as an alternative actually (and give you credit for bringing it up)

Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos and Cast speed are just extremely powerful damage scalars.

<3

Yeah I'm transitioning to the build today and the chinese builds made me look into it and consider how it might work out, with the goal being eventually buying a GG weapon. Just that most of the weapons I was looking at were in the 5-7 exalt range and still not as good as yours, so I was thinking 'what I can I do that is just cheap and easy?'.

The other thing I like is that dying sun does not have great uptime on bosses, and most of them are big bodies, so I...IMAGINE (again, im no expert) that beltimber will hit against most bosses that arn't syndicate.
Depends which bosses really, we'll discount Atziri here because let's be honest, Worb is not the build for Atziri Lol.

Shaper and Elder have fairly small hitboxes.

The synthetes have two types, the "thin tall one" and the "fat round golem" the thin tall one has a medium-small hitbox, the fat round golem seems to have a larger hitbox as I kill them faster.

Delve bosses such as Kurgal or Aul have a hitbox similar to Shaper.

Then you've got map bosses like Kitava, who I am fairly sure you could hit with 11 projectiles if you were so inclined.

The reason mine is so good is the combination of T1 Elemental as Extra chaos, and T1 cast speed. I should probably clarify that in my weapon section.
Hi! I was reading your guide and it's quite interesting.

Do you have any other options other than Unnatural Instinct and Might of the Meek Jewel? Cuz you know those are uber expensive :)

Thanks mate!
"
meister1523 wrote:
Hi! I was reading your guide and it's quite interesting.

Do you have any other options other than Unnatural Instinct and Might of the Meek Jewel? Cuz you know those are uber expensive :)

Thanks mate!

Might of the meek isn't too bad actually this league. They've been hovering around 40c last I saw. I don't know off hand what UI was, I bought mine early on for 8, but yes it is quite expensive (and well worth the expense for those cho can afford it) In terms of a replacement for Unnatural instinct, yes and no.

No nothing is going to give you as much value as unnatural instinct.
Yes you can replace that in the build if you don't have the funds, you have two options:

1) Just drop those jewel sockets and take wheels which add damage elsewhere such as considering Singular Focus/Zealot's Oath, or Ethereal Feast if you want more leech rate.

2) Just use regular jewels in those sockets, if you do this path left through the spell damage nodes instead of right through the attack speed nodes going from Harrier to the Jewel socket that normally holds UI.
I was wondering where I should invest my left over skill points , have been following your tree and seem to have a few points left over , what are you reccomendations?
"
Jtbruhz wrote:
I was wondering where I should invest my left over skill points , have been following your tree and seem to have a few points left over , what are you reccomendations?

Unfortunately your profile does not seem to be public, so I can't see exact details on your character, however I suggest looking at the PoB labeled as "my current" which goes up to L97.

Past 97 you've got a few options, another jewel socket near Chaos Inoculation, shield spell damage and cast speed near Arcane Swiftness and Elemental Focus near the trickster start, going into more ES, or rebalancing points from elsewhere to take Zealot's Oath / singular focus.
I've done some revamps to the formatting of the PoB/TLDR section.
I also added a main image for the guide.

Further:
I've added a utility setup which I find to be very helpful. It's sometimes hard to go into fights with full Power/Frenzy charges. So I use a level 1 Divine Ire gem, and simply channel until they tick up to 4 then blow the boss up.

I keep it in my swap weapon personally, but you could put it in a spare main link in place of something like Increased Duration on your Vaal RF. The important part is to keep it unlinked and low level so that your mana cost for the skill stays at 0.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info