[3.6] Vel's 3 Button Ball Lightning - 2mil+ dps - Everything viable.

I've loved Path of Exile for years and played tons of characters, Ball lightning is one of my absolute favourites. It creates a projectile that pulses quickly, hitting everything in its reach. Since it auto pierces and has big AOE, one cast clears multiple packs as we run along with it. This combined with the fact that we automate almost everything makes for an easy and fun playstyle.

3.6 Uber Elder kill

Pros:
+ Easily kills all endgame bosses
+ Super relaxed 3 button playstyle
+ ES on hit + BL is fantastic
+ Using a staff means cheaper jewels
+ Tons of flexibility with uniques

Cons:
- We must get STR and DEX on gear
- Mana hungry while gearing out
- CI is more expensive
- Ele reflect/Thorns hurts
- Need mana flask for no regen

Please feel free to ask questions here or on my Stream.

Build

Leveling
Life 1

Life 2

Life 3

Life 4

CI

Endgame CI

POB Import - This will always be the most up to date.

Ascendency
Occultist gives us everything we need. We get stun immunity, AOE, spell damage, regen and uninterrupted ES recharge if began recently.

Profane bloom is perfect since we path near the double curse cluster anyway and Malediction brings us to 3 curses being auto applied through CWDT and curse on hit.

Wicked Ward > Vile Bastion > Profane Bloom > Malediction

Bandits
Alira is the best option.

If you can make up for the loss of 45 resist, taking the 2 points is possible but will make gearing harder / more expensive.

Pantheon
Lunaris and Gruthkul together give us 13% reduced physical damage taken, a bunch of other defensive bonuses, and movespeed.

I swap to Solaris for big bosses.

Gear

Pledge of Hands

Spell echo is one of the best ways to scale BL damage. This is because balls created in the same cast cannot shotgun, while echoed casts can. We also love the mana and tons of spell damage is great. The best part is they sell for nothing, you can buy a 155 spell power for 3c on synthesis right now.

Remember you will need 113 STR to equip this.

Aul's Uprising

Free Wrath, ES and crit.

Watchers Eye

Ball lightning is very strong with ES gain on hit so get that ASAP. Anything else is bonus, although a clarity mod is quite helpful.

Jewels

Global crit multi
Crit multi with lightning skills
Adds # to # lightning damage to spells
Cast speed while wielding a staff
Spell damage while wielding a staff

Flat ES
Increased ES
Resists
Dex/STR

Enchants

Helm - Additional Projectile or increased damage, both are great.

Boots - 10% penetration if you havnt killed recently. Very strong for high hp one target fights.

Gloves - Commandment of the Tempest / Commandment of Thunder

You will need 113 STR to equip pledge of hands, and OPTIONALLY 111 DEX to use Slower Projectiles. You can take the +30 node for each, or totally ignore DEX.

Links
Ball Lightning
Power Charge on Crit
Added Lightning
Increased Critical Strikes
Controlled Destruction
Increased Critical Damage
/Slower Projectiles

CWDT - lvl 1
Ball Lightning - lvl 4
Curse on Hit
Enfeeble
Conductivity
Herald of Thunder

CWDT - lvl 20
Lightning Golem
Vaal Discipline
Clarity

Flame Dash
Faster Casting
Wrath

CWDT - lvl 7
Immortal Call - lvl 9
Wave of Conviction - lvl 11
Increased Duration

https://www.twitch.tv/velyna
Last edited by Velyna on May 10, 2019, 12:33:36 PM
Last bumped on May 9, 2019, 6:29:33 PM
Reserved
Leveling this right now, excited to play BL again lets see how it goes.
i have a question on the equipment, the best equipment for the build is the one on the POB, or the one in the post?, because i just bought a super perfect Circle of regret and i'm scared i might regret my decision (get it?, yeah terrible joke), still kinda worried because if it's not used anymore i just wasted 3 ex for not asking in advance hahaha :(
"
jicamvp wrote:
i have a question on the equipment, the best equipment for the build is the one on the POB, or the one in the post?, because I just bought a super perfect Circle of regret and I'm scared I might regret my decision (get it?, yeah terrible joke), still kinda worried because if it's not used anymore I just wasted 3 ex for not asking in advance hahaha :(

Sorry about that, I'm swapping things around a ton right now.

Updated the POB link and will update the rest ASAP.

The current setup added a third curse which I apply from that ring slot, but you can just remove herald of thunder from the chest 6L and replace it with assassins mark. Take arcane surge out of the flame dash 4L and put herald there, just make sure faster casting doesn't support it.

New version has slightly different tree, gems and ascend also. Far stronger now.
Uber kill video added, build updated.
Build worked well, easy guardian kills and uber. I think crit multi is better on jewels now that assassins mark was added though.
Once this character goes to standard I can do some more tweaking, I agree about crit multi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info