[3.6] Bane is Okay! - CI Occultist - Fast clear, league-starter

This build showcases Bane as the primary skill. It provides incredible AOE clear at relatively low investment. On top of that, the build is extremely tanky - it utilizes 4 curses thanks to the new gloves.

It was my league starter and it has carried me through all maps, red tier elder and shaper. Only uber stands, but only because of poor map drop RNG on my end.

PROs:
- Tanky
- Great flask sustain
- Fast map clear
- Cheap, but can be min-maxed
- Easy to use
- Reflect-immune
- Satisfying chaos explosions

CONs
- Can't leech ES
- Can get expensive as it scales off gem level
- A lot of end-game content has high chaos resistance
- Bane's base damage isn't great
- Good luck with uber Atziri with that AOE :P

The build uses a single mandatory unique item:

The gloves are what makes this build go. Bane applies linked despair for the damage and duration boost, while gloves apply all the other curses that are inside the gloves.

Curses used:
- Despair
- Temporal Chains
- Enfeeble
- Poacher's mark (frenzy charges and flask sustain)

I have done a lot of calculations and Bane is most effective when there is a single curse linked with it; the "more damage" modifier per curse has a huge damage fall-off.

Bane gem setup:
Bane - Despair - Efficacy - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation - Swift Affliction

Totems setup:
Spell Totem - Multiple Totems - Vaal Blight - Efficacy

Aura setup:
Discipline - Malevolence - Enlighten + Aspect of the Spider craft

Another great gearing option for the build would be running a +levels of gems bow with Soulstrike quiver for insanely fast ES recharge start.

Current gear:
Spoiler

As can be seen, these are nothing special. No Bane enchantment, useless boots enchantment. Can be upgraded.

Current flasks:
Spoiler

We are not using Witchfire Brew as it is pointless. Zealoth's Oath from The Sorrow of the Divine allows for some decent ES recovery together with Occultist ascendancy.

PoB Pastebin:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/cJ4ybCmZ

Passive tree [95, complete build]:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAbnDXwOSA5cD6sQexEPEVARlhNtFAkVfha_GGoZihqPGyUd2R9BIuoi9CSLJogrCiy_L281uTmZOw1CekNURX5JE0lRSbFLrkyzTm1SKVKvVeBYB1haXEBca13yZ_xqG2r6bAttGXC7dZ52gngvenB85XzwfbB_xoIehEiExYfLiEKJ4I_6kQeSdJMfkyeXlZf0mFOboZu1nDKhL6QFpcSnK6ebrJitSrQMtNG1SLcwtzi7_L46vorBxcM6w23G98gMylnK08u9zxXQH9FF18_ZE9lb2xrfit-w42LjhOZY5oHpAuq67BjviO_r8NX0cfX69tr31_k3-wn-sw==?accountName=Ydoum&characterName=Ydoumus

Ascendancy:
Spoiler
Wicked Ward -> Vile Bastion -> Profane Bloom -> Malediction

Videos:
Spoiler

Tier 13 Shipyard with Elder Guardian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doJcV8KzY8M
I proclaim myself a PoEtheist - RNGesus doesn't exist!
PS. RNGGG.
PPS. Synthesis is meh.
Last edited by Ydoum on Mar 31, 2019, 5:22:13 PM
Last bumped on Apr 1, 2019, 5:08:07 AM
*reserved*
PS. RNGGG.
PPS. Synthesis is meh.
Some things you may consider doing.

Link your 3 curses in the gloves with enhance, quality on curse gems is really good. If you can, corrupt these gloves with +1 gems for an extra 32% quality (lvl 4+1 enhance).

I ran Bane in a 4Link and ED in a 6link. 4link Bane can clear t16 content instantly and ed is only used for bosses. My Bane had ~60k tooltip dps and ED around 200k tooltip dps.

for the amulet slot you can try to craft an elder amulet with abberant fossils. elder amulets can have the chaos multiplier mod which adds a huge amount of dps.

"
FrenzyVictim wrote:
Some things you may consider doing.

Link your 3 curses in the gloves with enhance, quality on curse gems is really good. If you can, corrupt these gloves with +1 gems for an extra 32% quality (lvl 4+1 enhance).

I ran Bane in a 4Link and ED in a 6link. 4link Bane can clear t16 content instantly and ed is only used for bosses. My Bane had ~60k tooltip dps and ED around 200k tooltip dps.

for the amulet slot you can try to craft an elder amulet with abberant fossils. elder amulets can have the chaos multiplier mod which adds a huge amount of dps.

All very good points. I just wanted to try bane as the main and only skill to see if it's viable, without any other powerful DoTs. It works, but it's not the best skill in the game, that's for sure.
PS. RNGGG.
PPS. Synthesis is meh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info